[STGOD] info poll 1 - tech level

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Tech Level of new STGOD

Near Modern
10%
The Race
5%
Star Trek
5%
Honorverse
35%
Star Wars
45%

Total votes: 20

Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: Not to mention the farce our U.N. turned into.
Before or after it got erased from existance by Hiro?
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Luckily, Kynes neatly nipped te UN in the bud, by making it and most of the delegates totally dissappear :D
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: Not to mention the farce our U.N. turned into.
You mean like the real thing? I can never get why people propose such organizations but it comes up in most every sim and game I'm in.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

phongn wrote: Bah, there were plenty of counters against NRMD weapons that returned the STGOD rightfully to slugging matches.
Well, ERA, but that only lasts for so long. Also wedges, and the V.I. Lenins had both!
The Space Republic of Cuba? :P
Well, there was Deimos' Soviet puppet state, and combined with the Soviet territories, they could make a decent little power-bloc perhaps. Of course, it depends on overall what happened. Deimos was definitely playing Kim Jong-il in his final days....
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Crayz9000 wrote:I wonder if it's boasting to say that the SCEF was probably the only galactic power that still used Rendili Dreadnaughts.
The SKS used distant descendants of the Imperator for a very long time. As long as the spaceframe is still good...
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Sea Skimmer wrote:
You mean like the real thing? I can never get why people propose such organizations but it comes up in most every sim and game I'm in.
One of the best things Kynes ever did was blow up the U.N.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Nonono, he didn't blow it up. Before the bomb went off, his guy on Mars removed it entirely from space-time.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote: The SKS used distant descendants of the Imperator for a very long time. As long as the spaceframe is still good...
Funny thing is, thanks to ICS the beam weapons of many ships in The STGOD are now underpowered. Just look at the Leinin, 3.4 teratons per shot from the thirty two gun main battery. The sixteen heavy guns of an stock ISD are now at least that powerful.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

You know, copyright issues aside, this would make a really fucked-up book.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
phongn wrote: The SKS used distant descendants of the Imperator for a very long time. As long as the spaceframe is still good...
Funny thing is, thanks to ICS the beam weapons of many ships in The STGOD are now underpowered. Just look at the Leinin, 3.4 teratons per shot from the thirty two gun main battery. The sixteen heavy guns of an stock ISD are now at least that powerful.
I stopped quantifying weapons before ICS2, neatly allowing me to retain power parity 8)
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Sea Skimmer wrote: Funny thing is, thanks to ICS the beam weapons of many ships in The STGOD are now underpowered. Just look at the Leinin, 3.4 teratons per shot from the thirty two gun main battery. The sixteen heavy guns of an stock ISD are now at least that powerful.
Well, yes, but it is a missile cruiser--increasing those figures by a factor of ten would still be appropriate however. Even with the Primaries.

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

phongn wrote:Nonono, he didn't blow it up. Before the bomb went off, his guy on Mars removed it entirely from space-time.
Not exactly an easy maneuver to avoid, unless you're a ForceUser with the collective Force Apitude of a few hundred Galaxies at your fingertips.

I still think there was an elegance to the destruction of the Phallus-class Twinkship. 10 Corruptor-class Strategic Warheads and 1 Magician Class Infiltrator Frigate, 1 Ubership crippled and dying, hundreds of lesser ships either infected or destroyed. And I didn't even lose the Frigate.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Well, HemlockGrey, you can certainly satisfy your requirements for fucked-up reading here...
http://www.daltonator.net/fanfics/tgod.html
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

I was lurking at ASVS for the period in question. The absurdly high tech level was fun in a madcap sort of way.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Sea Skimmer wrote:
It is rather quaint to reflect on, though, that at one time we had uber-weapons which are now Imperial standard.. Ave Saxton!

Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

SirNitram wrote:I still think there was an elegance to the destruction of the Phallus-class Twinkship. 10 Corruptor-class Strategic Warheads and 1 Magician Class Infiltrator Frigate, 1 Ubership crippled and dying, hundreds of lesser ships either infected or destroyed. And I didn't even lose the Frigate.
And don't forget, one saboteur on board.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

phongn wrote:Nonono, he didn't blow it up. Before the bomb went off, his guy on Mars removed it entirely from space-time.
That's even better.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Crayz9000 wrote:
Who got out alive IIRC.

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Crayz9000 wrote:
SirNitram wrote:I still think there was an elegance to the destruction of the Phallus-class Twinkship. 10 Corruptor-class Strategic Warheads and 1 Magician Class Infiltrator Frigate, 1 Ubership crippled and dying, hundreds of lesser ships either infected or destroyed. And I didn't even lose the Frigate.
Poor, poor saboteur. At least none of the missiles materialized right in front of him. That would suck beyond all normal levels of suckitude.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Well, yes, but it is a missile cruiser--increasing those figures by a factor of ten would still be appropriate however. Even with the Primaries.
I suppose so, though AK-100 and AK-130 mounts on the real Kirov's where quite powerful compared to the guns of other surface combatants, other then the Iowan and a couple stray gun cruisers anyway.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Crayz9000 wrote: And don't forget, one saboteur on board.
Who got out alive IIRC.
Never understimate the power of a pizza delivery man. Or was that in the NRMD arc?
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

SirNitram wrote:Poor, poor saboteur. At least none of the missiles materialized right in front of him. That would suck beyond all normal levels of suckitude.
I survived. Barely.

Blew the propulsion systems' dedicated hypermatter warpcore and split like there was no tomorrow, eventually nabbing a Romulan-built Lambda class shuttle. I was going to try and collect the bounty on Deimos' head while I was at it, but I missed him.

(note to self: get around to calculating character shields)
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

Damn I knew I should have kept up with this thread.

Anyway I'd be willing to return to the old ASVS STGOD verse with the UTR, (with Boyd gone I'd be willling to leave the SI for moderator purposes if needed). I never got to use any of my story ideas for the UTR and I'd like a chance to do so.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

phongn wrote:Never understimate the power of a pizza delivery man. Or was that in the NRMD arc?
That was in the NRMD arc, immediately following the Phallus's demise. I wound up piloting the Romulan shuttle into Nemesis, which just happened to coincide with the NRMD's arrival...
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Kyle wrote: Anyway I'd be willing to return to the old ASVS STGOD verse with the UTR, (with Boyd gone I'd be willling to leave the SI for moderator purposes if needed). I never got to use any of my story ideas for the UTR and I'd like a chance to do so.
Hun what? *remembers what this thread is really about* Well I've decided to field The HAB as a power regardless of tech. I'm fine with something between Star Wars and The ASVS STGOD