World of Warcraft: Shattering

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Warcraft: Shattering

Post by Broomstick »

Hmm... maybe I'll level fishing, do some mat gathering, and the like until all the screaming settles down...?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Broomstick wrote:Hmm... maybe I'll level fishing, do some mat gathering, and the like until all the screaming settles down...?
It might be the best bet. If I didn't instant-queue as tank, I'd take the time to level off professions. Trying to mine is a fucking joke right now. I only need like 12 Obsidium to make some green plate (which is kind of better, kind of worse than my epics) and it took me about an hour to get that many. The farmers are out everywhere and selling all the shit on the AH for like 80g a bar.

Does anyone know how to get to Deepholm? I want to get as many instances discovered as possible. Every link I find says "Just follow the breadcrumb quest in Stormwind" and doesn't give me any other information. Do I have to complete everything in Vash'J? Because I hate that place and the guy who came up with the idea.
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

TheFeniX wrote:
Broomstick wrote:Hmm... maybe I'll level fishing, do some mat gathering, and the like until all the screaming settles down...?
It might be the best bet. If I didn't instant-queue as tank, I'd take the time to level off professions. Trying to mine is a fucking joke right now. I only need like 12 Obsidium to make some green plate (which is kind of better, kind of worse than my epics) and it took me about an hour to get that many. The farmers are out everywhere and selling all the shit on the AH for like 80g a bar.

Does anyone know how to get to Deepholm? I want to get as many instances discovered as possible. Every link I find says "Just follow the breadcrumb quest in Stormwind" and doesn't give me any other information. Do I have to complete everything in Vash'J? Because I hate that place and the guy who came up with the idea.
Don't know about Alliance scum, but Horde side you have to be 82 to see the bread-crumbs quest to Deepholm.
Minischoles
Jedi Knight

Post by Minischoles »

TheFeniX wrote:

Hey don't knock farming, i've made over 16,000 gold in the last two days, almost purely off of one herb. Expansions are awesome if you have a gathering profession, gonna level my farm character soon after splashing out on 310% flying for him.

Personally, I avoided both starting zones. Discovered BRC dungeon earlier in the day, and apart from handing in the daily quests I had ready, I spent the next 2 levels never leaving BRC - means I hit 82 before the rush to hit Deepholme, and hit up Uldum before the majority of people. Unfortunately I then proceeded to fracture 3 bones in my foot slipping on some ice off a step, and fell behind so i'm in Twilight Highlands with a lot of gank happy horde.
“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that the English language is as pure as a crib-house whore. It not only borrows words from other languages; it has on occasion chased other languages down dark alley-ways, clubbed them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary. “
- James Nicoll
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

I finaly found a place that wasn't snowed in and got a copy.

Currently I'm having quite a bit of fun with Arceology, it doesn't work how I originally envisioned but so far seems to be a fun mini game which makes me wander the world and see hows its all changed. I think it will probably get boreing in the long term (hopefully not as boreing as fishing) but so far its got my attention.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

I think Blizzard is giving tanks, and possibly healers, a pass on the whole "find an instance before you can queue for it." I logged in yesterday afternoon and ran Blackrock Caverns after checking and seeing only two instances (that one and Tides, both of which I manually discovered). As soon as I got out, some guild-mates wanted to run, but we couldn't queue because one of them had not found any instance entrances. But, on my specific dungeon queue, I can now see Vortex Pinnacle and one other (can't remember the name). I have to get my Item Level higher before it will even let me queue for them, but none of our DPS who hasn't manually found the entrances can even see this dungeons listed in the guide.

If they're giving tanks a break, I would assume it's due to the atrocious queue times for DPS. On my server, I've heard people claiming wait times of 40 minutes with an average of about 25. Feels good to spend an average of 5 seconds in a queue.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

DPS queue times have always been at least close to that bad. I've never seen one below twenty minutes.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

White Haven wrote:DPS queue times have always been at least close to that bad. I've never seen one below twenty minutes.
That's pretty ridiculous. DPS queues on Kilrogg-US are in the ten minute range, and almost always have been.
Minischoles
Jedi Knight

Post by Minischoles »

Terralthra wrote:
White Haven wrote:DPS queue times have always been at least close to that bad. I've never seen one below twenty minutes.
That's pretty ridiculous. DPS queues on Kilrogg-US are in the ten minute range, and almost always have been.
Healer queue times are damn near instant atm. It might be due to the merged battlegroups that times are increasing, because that really doesn't solve the problems. Tanks and healers are always a rarity in pugging, and increasing the pool of people doesn't really do much other than increase the number of dps queuing. Especially now that dungeons are so anti-PuG.

I've been chaining some heroics with guildies, and they require a fair amount of co-ordination on some bosses, especially between the healer and the tank. Healer's go OOM at the slightest mistake now - if i'm forced to do more than 3-4 regrowths, that's it, i'll either have to sacrifice a DPS or we're not getting to the end on some fights.
“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that the English language is as pure as a crib-house whore. It not only borrows words from other languages; it has on occasion chased other languages down dark alley-ways, clubbed them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary. “
- James Nicoll
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Can someone tell me WTF is up with the nodes in the Twilight Highlands? I've minned over 1000 Elementium over the past two days there. I can mine about 100 an hour if I'm really dedicated. Meanwhile I'll fly around Hyjal or Vash'j for an hour and get maybe two or three obsidian nodes. Now I know everyone is saying "well theres just more people minning" but I can't believe that, I've been in these areas when they've been virtually deserted and there still are no nodes to be seen. Meanwhile even when I can see several others minning in the Highlands, there are still nodes poping up ever few seconds it seems.

Have to wonder if its just my server or if others get the same thing going on. Also I have to echo the where the fck is deepholme? Or how do I get into it.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Minischoles
Jedi Knight

Post by Minischoles »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Can someone tell me WTF is up with the nodes in the Twilight Highlands? I've minned over 1000 Elementium over the past two days there. I can mine about 100 an hour if I'm really dedicated. Meanwhile I'll fly around Hyjal or Vash'j for an hour and get maybe two or three obsidian nodes. Now I know everyone is saying "well theres just more people minning" but I can't believe that, I've been in these areas when they've been virtually deserted and there still are no nodes to be seen. Meanwhile even when I can see several others minning in the Highlands, there are still nodes poping up ever few seconds it seems.

Have to wonder if its just my server or if others get the same thing going on. Also I have to echo the where the fck is deepholme? Or how do I get into it.
The node spawns got nerfed for Herbalism and Mining, in both Deepholm and Twilight Highlands - and it was a big nerf, something along the lines of a 60-70% nerf in the number of nodes within the zone, and this coupled with the increase in farmers (all those raiders are starting to level their farming characters) and you're in a situation where the very limited nodes are getting farmed out.
- James Nicoll
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

When you say nerfed, I assume you mean the respawn timer for nodes was turned way way down? That would explain why its so easy to mine so much in Twilight area, though I really wish they did that to an area with obsidian.

EDIT: after checking some things out it looks like it was nerfed in the other direction. I am glad I did all my minning cause it seems like NO NODES are spawning in the highlands at all any more. Congrats Blizz!

Also, am I correct that you can only goto Deepholm after doing all the Vash'j quests? Because I know it says "follow the breadcrumb quest" but I've done ever quest offered to me and have not got any that seems to be taking me toward that place.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

You don't have to do Vash'jir at all to go to Deepholm. The breadcrumbs quest starts at the warboard, which leads to an Earthen Ring portal to the Maelstrom. From there, Thrall gets you a ride through the Breach.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

AH thanks for that, also I can cofirm mining in Higlands is dead now, just spent about 30min in the area and mined about 8 elementium Glad I got my minning done early at least. Not going to sell any more pyrite either, I have 60 bars of the stuff and am hanging on to that now.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

TheFeniX- To get out of Throne of Tides, walk to the swirling wall to your right as you exit the instance. It'll spit you back into the whirlpool area you came in through.

I'm enjoying it, and I'm starting to see some BIG profits. Tonight I transmuted meta gems for a JCer going for 525, and I sold a bar of truegold for a profit of 3000g. Nice to be a transmutation master.

I'm also now 525, and I've gotten 3 rare artifacts from archaeology (including 1 pet). This game is a lot of fun.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

So you actually CAN get something other than vendor trash from archaeology? My entire guild is complaining that all they're getting is trash.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Broomstick wrote:So you actually CAN get something other than vendor trash from archaeology? My entire guild is complaining that all they're getting is trash.
It seems to be very random, my fourth fossil find was a mini pet but that was about 150 points ago and nothing else rare yet. I'd prefer if there was some sort of research tree so you could work to a target.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Anyone here done "Welcome to the Machine" yet?
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Welcome, probably a issue on my end...BUT

Anyone else having severe drop in their frametrates in the new dungeons?

I tried stonecore last night, and I spent the entire dungeon running it at 7FPS, even at the lowest possible graphic settings - while moving out to the normal gameworld got me the normal 30-60 FPS.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I just discovered the only way to get the recipe for the 'alchemy mount' is to find it in a canopic jar, a piece of tol'vir archaeology.

So... back to grinding.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Minischoles wrote:I've been chaining some heroics with guildies, and they require a fair amount of co-ordination on some bosses, especially between the healer and the tank. Healer's go OOM at the slightest mistake now - if i'm forced to do more than 3-4 regrowths, that's it, i'll either have to sacrifice a DPS or we're not getting to the end on some fights.
Our healers have been getting the end of that stick a lot. Most refuse to pug at all because the DPS and tanks don't understand you can't just spam big heals anymore. It also hurts in that tank health is doubling from 80 to 84.

So they bitch about healers having to prioritize based on importance. If it weren't for Word of Glory and my numerous damage reduction cooldowns, we wouldn't be making it through many fights at all. In fact, until healers get their shit worked out, I have to drop a lot of damage and focus on survival. At least WoG generates a decent amount of threat.

The few pugs I've run (I prefer guild only runs as we all have vent) usually end up with me telling a few DPS to go fuck themselves and sit in another hour long queue (they get that high at peak). We generally just fuck with them a bit though, like the one pug in our 4 man guild run.

On Vortex Pinnacle
Pug: "Please tell me you guys all know this dungeon."
Max: "What's a dungeon?"
Me: "Wait, I thought this was LoZ: Twilight Princess."
CaptainChewbacca wrote:TheFeniX- To get out of Throne of Tides, walk to the swirling wall to your right as you exit the instance. It'll spit you back into the whirlpool area you came in through.
That swirling portal was broken when I went there. And the other 15 or so alliance (and some horde) where also stuck in the ass end of the world for a while as well. I've been told it was fixed, but I haven't been back there yet. And I really don't plan to except with my DK.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

The portal doesn't work, but the Draenei standing near it who teleports you to the surface works quite nicely. :)
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

White Haven wrote:The portal doesn't work, but the Draenei standing near it who teleports you to the surface works quite nicely. :)
Is that the same Draenei that gave me and the other 10 or so alliance some generic line and had no dialog options? Even the horde guys were standing next to the NPC and running through the portal, then spamming /shrug. I ended up just going AFK in the instance until my HS came back up.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Is there a level limit for Nerubian Archeology? I assumed it would be on Northrend with skill level between level 375 - 450 but I got no nerubian sites. Do they only appear at higher levels or somewhere else or was I just unlucky?
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Nitram got me into WoW. I now have a Troll Druid and Worgen Rogue.

And Nitram just grinned and said I was going to get a Xmas present in and out of game.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet