World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Esquire »

I never noticed a speed problem with the T-150. It's no racehorse, certainly, but it's better than lots of tanks.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Argosh wrote:I remember watching that show :D
Congrats!
Could someone enlighten me?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

A Polish WW2 tank drama about a tank crew of four who have a dog. Its even on Amazon.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

I refuse to believe that dog killed anyone, he looks like he's waiting for someone to throw a ball.

Didn't the Polish Army also have an artillery bear?
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Yes, with the caveat that Szarik is fictional while the motherfucking alcoholic chain-smoking spycatching warbear was not.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

As for what the dog has done, I think it's true he didn't actually kill anyone directly. He did, however, save the crew on numerous occasions by delivering messages and spare parts across enemy lines ; Warning them of German paratroopers ; Catching hiding SS men ; Locating a sniper.

Oh he also planted explosives at a u-bahn station in Berlin that was acting as a stronghold, so I guess he did kill some Nazis after all! :D

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Esquire wrote:I never noticed a speed problem with the T-150. It's no racehorse, certainly, but it's better than lots of tanks.
My average DPG for yesterday, playing the T150 almost exclusively, was 819.

My average DPG in the KV-1S is over 1200.

Most of this is not because the KV-1S has a bigger gun, but because it can get into position to use it better.

Farm=stolen.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Somebody likes his WN7.

I am so happy to be in the Indien Panzer and able to pen things without gold it's totally obscuring the fact that the tank is slower than my T54E1 and the gun takes forever to aim. Good times.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Vendetta wrote:
Esquire wrote:I never noticed a speed problem with the T-150. It's no racehorse, certainly, but it's better than lots of tanks.

Most of this is not because the KV-1S has a bigger gun, but because it can get into position to use it better.

Farm=stolen.
Now I'm curious - where would one find that statistic?
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

T-150 remains my absolute favorite tank for various reasons.

I also believe it still holds my best stats, though I could be wrong on that. I also like the KV-4, though I freely admit that it is SLOOOOWWW. Too slow to do much on bigger/non-city maps really. The armor is great (except against T10 tanks), and the Long-107 is an equally great gun, by Russian standards (in penetration). Its just a pain to get into position to use said advantages.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

What's this? I'm getting consumables for free if I do good in a battle.

Victory!
Map: Province
Date: 21. august 2013 17:38:33
Vehicle: T18
Exp: 758 (x2) + Credits: 6 734
Mission completed! Award:
Equipment added: Pudding and Tea (x1), Extra Combat Rations (x1)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:T-150 remains my absolute favorite tank for various reasons.

I also believe it still holds my best stats, though I could be wrong on that. I also like the KV-4, though I freely admit that it is SLOOOOWWW. Too slow to do much on bigger/non-city maps really. The armor is great (except against T10 tanks), and the Long-107 is an equally great gun, by Russian standards (in penetration). Its just a pain to get into position to use said advantages.
I can't stand the bloody thing, the armor is all flat surfaces so anything tier 8 and up can easily penetrate it, and the long 107 has awful aimtime and crap DPM, along with awful view range. And that's all ignoring the whole "slow as molasses" thing. Easily the worst tier 8 heavy out of the ones I've driven, IMO.

It's closest competitor in role among the T8 Heavies would be the King Tiger, which has similar pen, DPM and accuracy, better aimtime and view range, better mobility and a more effective armor layout.

On an unrelated note, I just picked up the 110 and still have stock turret, stock suspension and the D-25T and I already love it.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

It feels good to report someone for "insults and provocations" once in a while. Don't know how much it does, but I've done my part.
Had a nice game with E-75. In the end, there were only me, a Jagdtiger 8.8cm and a G.W.Panther left on our team and a T-54 on the other team after I got the last heavy they had left, that tried to cap us. I wanted to stay at base for a minute, anticipating that he might go there, then go cap if he didn't turn up, but the others wanted me to go immediately, so... I did. Was just about 200 meters away when T-54 came and took out our arty and knocked out the engine of the Jagdtiger before I came there and got a good shot at him, but he ran away. He started to insult us and saying we had no tactical sense leaving the base open like that and called us useless cunts and whatnot. Jagdtiger had to stay at our base because of his engine and I went capping. I spotted him just before entering their base and finished him off. I just had time to write "We won!" before battle ended. I wanted to give him a nice insult back, but there was no time... Oh well, he might have a win rate of 59%, but this was not one of his games... :)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

What the flying fuck! :finger:
I played Arctic Region with my StugIII and found a place to snipe. Then came two idiots in a platoon (own team) and pushed me off the cliff and into the lake below, killing me. Fuck! I hate idiots like that. Reported them and sent a ticket to WG with replay. Hope it helps a little bit.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I admit I'm odd in liking the KV-4. I've managed to get good results with it, but that's probably a healthy dose of luck more than anything else.

Still wish I was at the ST-1 already though.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:I admit I'm odd in liking the KV-4. I've managed to get good results with it, but that's probably a healthy dose of luck more than anything else.

Still wish I was at the ST-1 already though.
The ST-1 is a tank I'd like to try, seeing as it actually has gun depression, a rare trait in the Soviet line, and the M62 is an excellent gun.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I'm looking forward to it myself. As well I should since its been holding onto the majority of my free XP since I don't want to grind the 44k XP needed for the BL-9.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

I readily admit that most of my interest in the KV-4 comes from how much I love the look of the tank. Same reason I raced for the KV-1, too :L
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Esquire wrote:
Vendetta wrote:

Farm=stolen.
Now I'm curious - where would one find that statistic?
Install something like XVM or Locastan's stats pack, or install Wotstats and point it at your dossier file.

In other news, I fucking sucked today. Bah. Need to get my head back in the game.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
On an unrelated note, I just picked up the 110 and still have stock turret, stock suspension and the D-25T and I already love it.
I should really buy a 110 before they nerf the lolbroken HEAT to sane levels. Had it unlocked for a while.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Infidel wrote:What's this? I'm getting consumables for free if I do good in a battle.
Gamescom mission. You get premium consumables for the first tank of each nation you kill, possibly for the duration of gamescom.

Also we're on a x5 weekend this weekend.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

This T54E1's 105mm Autoloader can't come soon enough... I've already blown my whole supply of 90mm HEAT!
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Victory!
Battle: Sand River 19. august 2013. a. 17:58:32
Vehicle: Pz.Kpfw. III
Experience received: 1 737 (x3)
Credits received: 13 703
Battle Achievements: Reaper, Cool-Headed, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

Tanks kept coming up over a hilltop and I kept oneshotting them, three in a row.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Gah! These days have been ... interesting regarding gaming...
Tried to make use of the 5x, but ping varied between 100ms and more than 1000ms. Horrible!

I have "accelerate crew training" on most of my tanks. It states it doubles the training on the least trained member. Does this mean that 5x makes the training 5x faster as well?