World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Vendetta »

xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The Vortex Empire wrote:So in a recent dev q&a, they announced the second RU medium line, terminating in the Object 430, a T-64 prototype. Jesus christ. Expected in 8.8 IIRC.
Link please?
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

xthetenth wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:So in a recent dev q&a, they announced the second RU medium line, terminating in the Object 430, a T-64 prototype. Jesus christ. Expected in 8.8 IIRC.
Link please?
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/24/deve ... in-odessa/
Details on the Q&A, plenty of other interesting tidbits in there. For example, the Waffentrager E-100 will have a four round autoloading 128mm.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/25/obje ... et-medium/
Details on the 430 and how it compares to the T-62A.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

that post basically confirms the russian bias theory. IS-7 armor thicker than historical, keep it as is. Super Pershing armor thicker than historical, nerf it.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Marko Dash wrote:that post basically confirms the russian bias theory. IS-7 armor thicker than historical, keep it as is. Super Pershing armor thicker than historical, nerf it.
Buffing the Super Pershing's maneuverability and the IS-7 being a pretty terrible tank factor into this theory exactly?

Wake me when the US doesn't have about half the CW viable tier tens.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

where have they said it's maneuverability was getting buffed? the only thing i saw was that it was getting a slightly better gun (7-10mm better pen).
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Marko Dash wrote:where have they said it's maneuverability was getting buffed? the only thing i saw was that it was getting a slightly better gun (7-10mm better pen).
In the end of the very same sentence?

- Superpershing will recieve a new gun (current M26 Pershing’s top gun) and its maneuverability will be improved

US bias is the thing now, has been for a while. For all the talk of power creep the 110E5 is still sitting high and mighty with only the T57 challenging its place.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

The IS-7 is already a turd, nerf the armor and it's worthless. Super Pershing is gaining a gun and speed buff, so I'm not seeing "russian bias" at all.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Apparently neither of those things are true. The IS-7 is apparently historical, and other chages to the Spershing have been discussed but aren't decided.

Also, the Super Pershing business is stealth excuse to remove the cheapest and thus most prevelant tier 8 money maker so everyone buys more expensive ones instead. (cough 112 cough)

IS-7 is a tank that is great if there are three of them working together, it's a really strong platoon tank, but doesn't work as well solo.

It's also mega common because it follows the KV-1S and IS-3 which are both really strong for their tier (and let's face it, everyone says russian bias because the KV-1S is such a monster at a relatively early tier, so they cry bias when they meet it).

Also, even when the Object 430 comes out it'll just be another of those tier x mediums that people look at and go "well it's pretty good, but really I could be using a Bat Chat and whaffing 5 shells into them for the same damage", given that hit and run is a big part of medium play, and hit hit hit hit hit run is even better.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Sand River Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:35:47 PM
Vehicle: T25/2
Experience received: 1,999
Credits received: 51,384
Battle Achievements: Sniper, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

18 out of 19 shots hit, did 3.48k damage, over twice the amount as the next best player in my team for the match. Destroyed 4, damaged 8.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:08:37 PM
Vehicle: T28
Experience received: 2,074
Credits received: 56,404
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

Double post, but damn, the arty nerf means I lived to actually get a steel wall, lol. And I get more exp too. :D
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

So, I've got a new paper weight:

The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Not too bad... The Pom-Pom is a fun gun.
Victory!
Battle: Province 26. juni 2013 23:19:29
Vehicle: Cruiser Mk. III
Experience received: 1 544 (x2)
Credits received: 10 250
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Imperial528 wrote:So, I've got a new paper weight:
]

Not the skill set I'd have chosen.

I mean you're training two perks, so they're doing nothing, why not repair? I'd probably take repair on everyone except, possibly, off road driving on the driver. Switch to sixth sense after your first skill finishes on the commander. Then probably Armourer on the gunner. Camo skill on such a lolhueg vehicle is probably not going to give you much either.
Steel
Jedi Master

Post by Steel »

Just run gold exclusively with it. Its cheap enough you don't lose any money, and you'll always penetrate. Makes a single volley enough to kill anything you meet. I've kept one as a seal clubber, but I haven't played it much since then, although its always fun.
Apparently nobody can see you without a signature.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Vendetta wrote:
Not the skill set I'd have chosen.

I mean you're training two perks, so they're doing nothing, why not repair? I'd probably take repair on everyone except, possibly, off road driving on the driver. Switch to sixth sense after your first skill finishes on the commander. Then probably Armourer on the gunner. Camo skill on such a lolhueg vehicle is probably not going to give you much either.
Those skills carry over from the crew's experience on the T25 AT (Or maybe the Jackson, these guys have been around), which was small enough to take advantage of camo. I honestly forgot about the skills tbh, and I have more than enough gold to retrain them. And they're all almost done so it's no loss on the commander and loader.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

I'd opt for Clutch Braking on the T95s driver, repair on the Commander until it gets to 100%, then respec for 6th, repair on everyone else. Off-road driving is more of a medium/scout skill IMO. Camo is pretty much useless on anything that big.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I have clutch breaking on it, actually.

Would it be worth it to retrain the commander to repair despite how close it is to finishing sixth sense? I will retrain the gunner though, armorer and then repair, since in just the one battle I've had with it, I got my gun broken twice.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The Vortex Empire wrote:I'd opt for Clutch Braking on the T95s driver, repair on the Commander until it gets to 100%, then respec for 6th, repair on everyone else. Off-road driving is more of a medium/scout skill IMO. Camo is pretty much useless on anything that big.
Actually the T95 actually has a camo modifier real similar to the 704. The Foch is better moving, the 122-54 is much better, but the T95 is better stationary and firing than the 704. Second best camo at tier isn't bad.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Who says that arty is unplayable.

Map: Redshire
Date: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:32:49 AM
Vehicle: 105 leFH18B2
Exp: 1,706 (x2) + Credits: 28,159
Achievements: : Reaper

890 Damage, 5 kills. Two of the kills were in TD mode, one against a Stug III and the other in a last man standing duel between myself and an M41.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

xthetenth wrote:
The Vortex Empire wrote:I'd opt for Clutch Braking on the T95s driver, repair on the Commander until it gets to 100%, then respec for 6th, repair on everyone else. Off-road driving is more of a medium/scout skill IMO. Camo is pretty much useless on anything that big.
Actually the T95 actually has a camo modifier real similar to the 704. The Foch is better moving, the 122-54 is much better, but the T95 is better stationary and firing than the 704. Second best camo at tier isn't bad.
Huh, I'd have thought it'd have worse camo than that.

Man, I really wish they would just list all the stats in game or on the wiki instead of making you go digging around the internet for them.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
xthetenth wrote:
Huh, I'd have thought it'd have worse camo than that.

Man, I really wish they would just list all the stats in game or on the wiki instead of making you go digging around the internet for them.
Yeah, although http://tank-compare.com/ is pretty good for that. With that and Image, that covers pretty much all the really important information about tanks.
Steel
Jedi Master

Post by Steel »

Jub wrote:Who says that arty is unplayable.

Map: Redshire
Date: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:32:49 AM
Vehicle: 105 leFH18B2
Exp: 1,706 (x2) + Credits: 28,159
Achievements: : Reaper

890 Damage, 5 kills. Two of the kills were in TD mode, one against a Stug III and the other in a last man standing duel between myself and an M41.
Its funny you should say that, because the LeFH seems to be the only artillery that bothers me. Perhaps its random chance, but I was 1 hit by artillery 4 times yesterday, and all 4 times were the LeFH. I lost 3 wolverines and a KV-1, while moving no less. Perhaps it was you, you bastard.

On the other hand, that was literally the only thing that took the shine off that play session. I don't normally get to play for long, but apparently I get better with time as I won 40 of 50 matches. Damn 2x multipliers luring you into switching around tanks and stopping just as you get warmed up.
Apparently nobody can see you without a signature.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I haven't really played much recently. Need to finish grinding the KV-4. I like the tank, but I'm realizing the appeal of gold/free XP :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I basically only play that tank for doubles or if I need a low end tank for a platoon, so I doubt it was me. I like that they made the fast rate of fire and aim time on those light guns really feel like a perk now. That think fires once every 8 seconds, where as my AMX 13 F3 AM fires once every 26 seconds. It hurts more, but they made the Tier 4/5 arty fun to play again.