STGOD2 OOC Thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

It's not like gravitonic missiles weren't seen before.
PROMETHEUS
Youngling

Post by PROMETHEUS »

phongn wrote:It's not like gravitonic missiles weren't seen before.
SLAM, anyone?
"Mostly Harmless"
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

PROMETHEUS wrote:
phongn wrote:It's not like gravitonic missiles weren't seen before.
SLAM, anyone?
I forgot about those, similar but I think he meant more like 6I and Atlantean weapons, of course 6I missiles were far stronger then those being described.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Let's hear it for being the son of a bitch who doesn't need to broadcast propaganda, because no one would believe it anyway.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

SirNitram wrote:Let's hear it for being the son of a bitch who doesn't need to broadcast propaganda, because no one would believe it anyway.
That's because words like "believe" and "propaganda" are too big for the limited vocabularies of the Black Alliance.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Just a point of clarification this time around (I'm looking at you, Nitram and Kyle...)

THERE WAS NO GODDAMNED BURN.

Sauron doesn't exist in this reality, or if he does, we don't know about him yet. This is simply set 300 years after Halite's invasion; the Great Burn of the ASVS STGOD-2 happened after a period of prosperity after Halite's invasion that lasted for an unknown duration, and the ASVS STGOD-2 happened 3,000 years after *that*.

*steps off soapbox*
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

Crayz9000 wrote:Just a point of clarification this time around (I'm looking at you, Nitram and Kyle...)

THERE WAS NO GODDAMNED BURN.

Sauron doesn't exist in this reality, or if he does, we don't know about him yet. This is simply set 300 years after Halite's invasion; the Great Burn of the ASVS STGOD-2 happened after a period of prosperity after Halite's invasion that lasted for an unknown duration, and the ASVS STGOD-2 happened 3,000 years after *that*.

*steps off soapbox*
I wasn't even around for this so called "burn" I assumed it was just another way of referrring to the war.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Ok, maybe I overreacted, but as STGOD compiler I find such things very confusing and annoying. Anyway, carry on.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Dahak by you own post that fleet you sent shouldn't have arrived. I don't want to have to be a hard ass about this but people will play by the rules (especially your own self established rules).
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Dahak wrote:Avalon Prime, Stuart Plaza

"I don't think we should do something," the Director of Economy said. "True, we signed a treaty with them. But to enter that stupid little fight..."
"Paul," Gladstone snapped. "This is there homeworld. To send those ships is the least we can do."
"Well," Fleet President Millers deep voice rumbled through the office. "The Fast Response Fleet could make it in roughly 14 jumps, 4 months subjective time, say from now on 10 hours to the Aquarian home system. It's strong enough to be more than just a small token of good will, and light enough to not hurt us too hard should it, which I doubt, get destroyed. And if they're too late, well, it makes for a nice training voyage."
"Do it, then," Gladston firmly approved.

Minutes later, the orders were sent to the Fast Response Fleet. Soon thereafter, the small fleet rose from their harbours deep in the atmosphere of Avalon Prime to reach the orbit and start their short jump sequence to the Aquarian home system.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Dude, it's 4 months for the crewmen in the ships- 10 hours in realtime.

Time dilation is a sideeffect of Dahak's drives.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain wrote:Dude, it's 4 months for the crewmen in the ships- 10 hours in realtime.

I know that. But turning up immediately is still power gaming and it helped ruin the earlier STGOD.

Edit: to clarify, Dahak, if you want to show up later in the battle that's perfectly acceptable. I just don't want to have the instantneous battles that were such a problem with the first STGOD.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Stormbringer wrote:
Thirdfain wrote:Dude, it's 4 months for the crewmen in the ships- 10 hours in realtime.

I know that. But turning up immediately is still power gaming and it helped ruin the earlier STGOD.

Edit: to clarify, Dahak, if you want to show up later in the battle that's perfectly acceptable. I just don't want to have the instantneous battles that were such a problem with the first STGOD.
I redesigned the drive physics, since I was thinking that instantaneous wasn't too good. So they have a maximum range per jump, with a little "re-load" the drive-time in between.

So I'm definitely not there at the beginning of the battle...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Crayz9000 wrote:Sauron doesn't exist in this reality, or if he does, we don't know about him yet.
The Immortal's Club uses him as a volleyball.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Dahak wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:

I redesigned the drive physics, since I was thinking that instantaneous wasn't too good. So they have a maximum range per jump, with a little "re-load" the drive-time in between.

So I'm definitely not there at the beginning of the battle...
Okay, that's all I ask of you. Thanks.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

SirNitram, your 28 kilometer Heavy Cruisers will be treated as what they are- moderate capital ships. Don't expect one to be a match for a Commonwealth Dreadnought, despite the fact that my vessels are far more reasonably scaled. As you are able to field a full 30 of those Gangster-class cruisers, I will assume they are perhaps slightly more powerful than my Adrastea-class heavy cruisers.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Thirdfain wrote:SirNitram, your 28 kilometer Heavy Cruisers will be treated as what they are- moderate capital ships. Don't expect one to be a match for a Commonwealth Dreadnought, despite the fact that my vessels are far more reasonably scaled. As you are able to field a full 30 of those Gangster-class cruisers, I will assume they are perhaps slightly more powerful than my Adrastea-class heavy cruisers.
Of course. The Alliance, however, isn't going to start a war in the Union. Those cruisers will only fire in self defense, and will stick to disabling actions. And why would a cruiser be a match for a DN? I have the GSV and Psychopaths if I ever wanted to brawl with one of those big daddys.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

It's ok. I was being kind of snappy, but I freaked when I saw that your cruisers are literally 10 times the size of my own.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Thirdfain wrote:It's ok. I was being kind of snappy, but I freaked when I saw that your cruisers are literally 10 times the size of my own.
That's what happens when you have nothing more advanced than fusion to power your ships. The only upside is they are very hard kills; they go offline as easily as any ship, but to actually destroy one takes alot of time. Saves on fleet production time, when we recover the hulks.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

SirNitram wrote:That's what happens when you have nothing more advanced than fusion to power your ships. The only upside is they are very hard kills; they go offline as easily as any ship, but to actually destroy one takes alot of time. Saves on fleet production time, when we recover the hulks.
Yeah, yeah, we all know how you actually got the keel to build those Gangsters
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

No powergaming, people- remember, don't presume to dictate how Stormbringer's forces would react.

When he comes online, we can be assured he will show us how his forces will react :)

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

And give people some goddamn time to respond. This means you Alyrium! You effectively have have don't what you please, without any input possible from anyone else involved, which is EXACTLY what killed the last STGOD.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

This would be agood time to stop and wwait for Stormbringer.

I guess Raxmei and a few others have opening moves they would likee to make as well, but the warfleets which have begun their campaign should all wait till he starts posting.

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Sorry, I've been busy and likely will be for a good long while. If some one can tell me exactly what's going on and where I'd appreciate it. I'll try to get around to posting when I can. I've been busy with fraternity related activities and school. I'm not sure how much time I can spend of the STGOD.

Alyrium, don't power game or you're going to simply be tossed out. I will not have people ruining the game even if that means throwing them out understood?

PS: Alyrium, you would only have been able to strike at one of the lesser planets in the Valeth system, Three is locked up majorly.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Stormbringer wrote:Sorry, I've been busy and likely will be for a good long while. If some one can tell me exactly what's going on and where I'd appreciate it. I'll try to get around to posting when I can. I've been busy with fraternity related activities and school. I'm not sure how much time I can spend of the STGOD.
It looks like a good number of powers have decided to beat on the Azgert for no apparent reason.