[HH-STGOD] Discussion thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

I doubt the entire Pheonix navy would be in system at this time. As the GM, Stormbringer, I figure you are the guy to ask as to how many vessels they have in place.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain wrote:I doubt the entire Pheonix navy would be in system at this time. As the GM, Stormbringer, I figure you are the guy to ask as to how many vessels they have in place.
You mean Asgard? I assume you have no objects to the OOB i posted for them?

Pheonix is on the other side of known space, it's connected to Manticore and Erewhon.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

I meant Asgard. How many vessels do they have in-system with the wormhole?

The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Thirdfain: the only BB assault through the Junction was a wargame played out by Manticoran forces to simulate the damage Peep BBs could cause to the fort system by transferring from Trevor's Star to Manticore. I believe it's in SVW, mentioned because Honor was part of the wargames. They were notable because the battleships caused damage far out of proportion to their capabilities, but I believe only 50 were "allowed" through at a time.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Hell, 50 BB sized craft at a time? 16 DNs could EASILY fit through for that amount.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Thirdfain wrote:Hell, 50 BB sized craft at a time? 16 DNs could EASILY fit through for that amount.

White Haven could have gotten 22 SDs through Manticore. 16 DNs would fit.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain wrote:I meant Asgard. How many vessels do they have in-system with the wormhole?
Forces in system:
  • 28 SD
    6 DN
    7 BB
    44 Vasa-class CA
    72 Sabre-class CA
    40 CL
    60 DD
    12 FG
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain wrote:Hell, 50 BB sized craft at a time? 16 DNs could EASILY fit through for that amount.
And shut down the Junction for 15-16 hours.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Thanks Stormbringer, I somehow missed that bit about Mesa. Certainly explains how they have survived as long as they have. *begins plotting to form a grand alliance to attack the Sollies, is distracted by shiny ribbon, promptly forgets plan*
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Fuck. That giant power outage not only erased a giant post, but parts of the OOB I was writing! :x
Bender and God, Futurama
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

That means it erased those parts of your fleet, too, right? So we don't have to worry about them? :)
Or not, sorry to hear about that. don't worry, it'll be years before any of us can even get completely wasted and think about attacking you seriously, much less plan soberly.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

consequences wrote:Thanks Stormbringer, I somehow missed that bit about Mesa. Certainly explains how they have survived as long as they have. *begins plotting to form a grand alliance to attack the Sollies, is distracted by shiny ribbon, promptly forgets plan*
No problem, the details are buried in a single story in the anthology collection so it's easy to overlook. I've just read the Honorverse books a time or two too many. :lol:
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Darn, Dahak's messages is to Dark! Stupid frontier.

Who will write the combat in Asgard?
Bender and God, Futurama
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Who will write the combat in Asgard?
I guess as GM I am.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

About my edited post:

I just changed the system name since I realized the two wormhole in Andy space are in different systems.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Stormbringer, what does
[B - xxx PT - xxx} in your order of battle stand for? I can't really decipher it :)
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Darn, Dahak's messages is to Dark! Stupid frontier.
You're free to negotiate with me :D
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Dahak wrote:Stormbringer, what does
[B - xxx PT - xxx} in your order of battle stand for? I can't really decipher it :)
Is the total building.

[PT - XX] Is the projected total of ships in the class
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Stormbringer wrote:
Is the total building.

So I'm encouraged to update the OOB with thingsunder construction, as well?
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Dahak wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:
Is the total building.

If you want to be adding ships to your fleets it'd help to know. Help avoid power gaming, though I doubt that'll happen here.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Stormbringer wrote:
Dahak wrote:
Stormbringer wrote: Is the total building.

If you want to be adding ships to your fleets it'd help to know. Help avoid power gaming, though I doubt that'll happen here.

So, added my projected plans. (Haven's still going strong for military)
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Building hundreds of capital warships at once seems very excessive to me. Especially since Bolthole was working for years just to make the few hundred ships Haven has.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Stormbringer wrote:Building hundreds of capital warships at once seems very excessive to me. Especially since Bolthole was working for years just to make the few hundred ships Haven has.
I just used what WoH offered me.
White Haven says that they have seen close to 200 SD(P)s (excluded the SD(P)s used against Sidemore), and then said that the conservative estimation is that they'd have at least another 300 SD(P)s under construction...
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Dahak wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:Building hundreds of capital warships at once seems very excessive to me. Especially since Bolthole was working for years just to make the few hundred ships Haven has.
White Haven says that they have seen close to 200 SD(P)s (excluded the SD(P)s used against Sidemore), and then said that the conservative estimation is that they'd have at least another 300 SD(P)s under construction...
I know. But I think White Haven's working under the wrong assumptions. He is making that in ignorance of the actual situation. From the numbers we the readers have it seems that Bolthole building fifty or so SD(P)s a year and it'd had simply been working for longer than White Haven believed.

Since I realy don't want to argue this to the detriment of the game perhaps a compromise?
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Stormbringer wrote:
Dahak wrote:
I know. But I think White Haven's working under the wrong assumptions. He is making that in ignorance of the actual situation. From the numbers we the readers have it seems that Bolthole building fifty or so SD(P)s a year and it'd had simply been working for longer than White Haven believed.

Since I realy don't want to argue this to the detriment of the game perhaps a compromise?
Technically, I would think Paxton and Givens knew what they were talking about :)
Basically, I had already redused those 300 SD(P)s under construction to 250, would 200 be acceptable? I really wouldn't like to go any much lower...
GALE Force Euro Wimp