World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Vendetta »

Autoloaders themselves aren't that bad, as long as you're not dumb and try and take them one on one. An autoloader that's caught outnumbered loses his ability to focus his burst on one target and is more likely to die during his reload.

The T57 Heavy needs a bit of a nerf, and the Foch 155 really needs one (and the AMX 50B needs a bit of a buff), but really, as long as you realise you are dealing with an autoloader they can be managed just like any other enemy, count their shots then jump on them when they're out.

They're having nowhere near the effect on game balance that arty did.

High end TDs need a bit of work in general (probably a dose of what arty got, reduced traverse, ground handling, increased traverse penalties, make them less good at flexing and more committed to whatever they've set themselves up to do, and more vulnerable to flanking).
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Autoloaders have a sort of skill distribution thing.

If you're bad, you're going to be REALLY bad in an autoloader.
If you're good, you may just well do amazing.

Still, they're countable and only issues IMO when platooned. And the T57 being a god of firepower.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Autoloaders in and of themselves have enough weaknesses that they're balanced, theres just a few OP autoloaders like the T57 or Foch155 that need to be nerfed. Conversely, there's also UP autoloaders like the Lorraine that desperately need a buff.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

The Vortex Empire wrote:Autoloaders in and of themselves have enough weaknesses that they're balanced, theres just a few OP autoloaders like the T57 or Foch155 that need to be nerfed. Conversely, there's also UP autoloaders like the Lorraine that desperately need a buff.
Yeah, those are my nemesises. Once played against a team of 3 Foch155. Horrible! They instakilled my IS-8. last time, I didn't know T54E1 had autoloader, and I met him where there was only room for me, him and another enemy at the other side. I took out the other enemy, thinking I would take a shot or two from the medium before I would get him as well. I was a bit surprised when he pumped 4 shells into me and got me. It's hard to know the gun configurations of these tanks and then trying to keep track of how many shells are left in the drum. The beasts of the old times, like IS-4, isn't as frightening as they used to be...

On the good side: I bought a few premium shells for normal credits the other day and found out I had 65 premium shells on my Tiger that I'd forgotten. Also used the weekends' offer to resupply my tanks with camo that got taken away when 8.6 came.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Rekkon
Padawan Learner

Post by Rekkon »

So you were instakilled by three presumably cooperating tanks one tier higher than you? This is unique to the Foch 155 how?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

It's not.

Foch 155 is OP, but it's not just because of its autoloader, it's also because of it's trolltastic front armour and mobility, and autoloader that can clip down basically any tank in the game.

But that's all but unique to the Foch 155. The balance problems of the tier 9 and 10 US autoloaders are mostly "they are far too much better than the French equivalent", not just that they're OP because autoloader=OP.
Rekkon
Padawan Learner

Post by Rekkon »

That assumes nothing goes wrong to make you miss or bounce one of those three rounds, and the inter-magazine reload is long enough that most decent drivers can get to cover after one or two hits. Then you hope the rest of your team can keep you alive 45 seconds for a full reload. Granted, since I own one my initial reaction was just that people were whining over things they did not know how to play and/or fight, but the Foch 155's global win rate (53.74%) seems to support the assertion that it is OP. I tend to agree with popular view regarding the T57 but temper my opinion of vehicles I have never driven, and it is not even the 2nd best tier 10 by win rate (4th at 51.38%).
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Foch is well enough armoured that it can generally faceroll anything it likes because if its insane front slope, Roll up to the front of something Facederp 2500 damage into it with your 400mm HEAT penetration, congratulations you've knocked an enemy gun off the board at the very start of the game.
Broken
Padawan Learner

Post by Broken »

With the great arty nerf of 8.6, I have found myself again poking my head into World of Tanks on occasion, mostly for doubles. The lack of arty makes for much more interesting matches with much more terrain open for use that I would never have considered before. If I can't remove them completely or get a "No Arty" optional button, this will have to do. My only fear is that SerB (iirc), the head dev has stated that he has a "vision" on how much arty is supposed to be in the game and will balance them accordingly.

On the other hand, I am currently stuck in Tier 7 hell, grinding out the Black Prince, VK 30.02D, and Comet all at once. Those are decent tanks for their tier, but the tier 9's they meet with regularly make a mockery of them. Luckily, there is light at the end of that particular tunnel; about 20k xp for the comet, 25k xp for the VK, and 70k xp for the BP. Ironically, the BP I do the best with, but that means I hit the double xp win faster and move on.

Besides tier 7 hell, I am looking at an awesome lack of credits. The IS-3 is unlocked, the E-50m is unlocked, and the T110E5 is only 20k xp from unlocked. IIRC, that is around 14 million credits in tanks I have unlocked and not able to buy. Since I am currently clanless, I am not bothering with the tier 10's at the moment and while I would like to try out the IS-3, I am concentrating on the medium lines and brit heavy at the moment.
"If you're caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you're going to jail. Evidently, if you launder nearly $1 billion for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night." Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

The Noldor are the Wise, and the Golden, the Valiant, the Sword-elves, the Elves of the Earth, the Foes of Melkor, the Skilled of Hand, the Jewel-wrights, the Companions of Men, the Followers of Finwë.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Broken wrote: Besides tier 7 hell, I am looking at an awesome lack of credits. The IS-3 is unlocked, the E-50m is unlocked, and the T110E5 is only 20k xp from unlocked. IIRC, that is around 14 million credits in tanks I have unlocked and not able to buy. Since I am currently clanless, I am not bothering with the tier 10's at the moment and while I would like to try out the IS-3, I am concentrating on the medium lines and brit heavy at the moment.
Get 30 kills a day for the rest of August and there's still about 8 million to be had.

My T29 has never had it so good.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Sand River Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:15:36 AM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 3,204 (x2)
Credits received: 149,402

4.1k+ damage, and 127k profit? Yes please.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Ah, Pz1c can be a little murder machine...
Victory!
Battle: Karelia 8. august 2013 22:29:53
Vehicle: Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf. C
Experience received: 729
Credits received: 11 421
Battle Achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

We almost lost. There were 3 tanks left on our team and on TD on the other team with 7 kills. One of our tanks was just messing around doing absolutely nothing despite lots of somewhat annoyed messages from the team to make him engage. 2 remaining went to take out the TD. TD got one and the other had about 10hp left when he got him. Close call, but we won. :)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Pz1c is the ultimate seal-clubber.

Me and a friend generally drive ours around like fighter planes, and just mow down any poor newbie caught in a bad position. The thing is absolutely insane, and even on higher tier games (when you encounter tier 5s!) the thing can still serve as a capable ninja capper and arty hunter.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

It is vital to remember that the mighty TOGtoon is not only a mobile gateway to exploding tanks, but is also great for screwing over your entire team because they're stupid.

According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I still fail to understand how so many tankers think a good or bad win rate comes down to luck and how defensive they get when asked to back up that assertion.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Dunning Kruger effect.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Some of my best performances so far.

Victory!
Battle: Airfield 5. august 2013 19:13
Vehicle: Pz. Kpfw. 38(t)
Experience received: 1 012
Credits received: 9 002
Battle Achievements: I got "2" and a bullet.

Victory!
Battle: Prokhorovka 7. august 2013 17:14
Vehicle: Pz. Kpfw. III Ausf. A
Experience received: 1 412
Credits received: 13 112
Battle Achievements: Got "1" and something with a purple ribbon.
Luke Starkiller wrote:A word of warning, some of the tier 4 light tanks - in particular the Russian A-20 and German Pz38nA are considered scouts and will be matched up with up to tier 8's. Nothing in the game itself tells you this and it can come as a very nasty surprise.
Unlocked the Pz38nA, met the tier 8 teams.

Victory!
Battle: Fisherman's Bay 8. august 2013 20:03
Vehicle: Pz.Kpfw. 38(t) nA
Experience received: 696
Credits received: 10 931
Battle Achievements: Got a "3".

As I advance in tiers I feel more and more like I'm playing against human opponents :lol:
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Vanas wrote:It is vital to remember that the mighty TOGtoon is not only a mobile gateway to exploding tanks, but is also great for screwing over your entire team because they're stupid.

<snip image>
I usually yell at people who push my T95, T28, Prot, etc. because not only do they hurt their own mobility, they also hurt mine. So many times people have pushed me while we're driving in combat and I can't maneuver until they get off my ass.

In brighter news:

Victory!
Battle: Sand River Friday, August 09, 2013 1:02:43 PM
Vehicle: M6
Experience received: 3,482 (fine: 18; x2)
Credits received: 48,469 (fine: 1,485)
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

Bishop tried to kill me, so did a T14 firing HE. 4 kills, 9 damaged, 3 spotted. 2.4k damage done, 1k from spotting. I do love my M6. It also gave me a nice birthday gift, this match.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

EU-servers seem to be down. Can't find anything about maintenance. Can you guys get in?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Yeah, working for me.

Might just be EU1 gone down.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Ah, I'm back in. Tried both EU1 and EU2 for a while. I'm on EU1 now.
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Oh great! I managed to get in, but couldn't look at player stats. Played one game. The next froze on the screen before countdown. Could move my cam, but no countdown came. Then I was kicked back to the garage with my tank still in the game, then I got kicked out of the game again. Now, I get the message "Failed to connect to the server." Great!
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Same here, got kicked out while in the garage and now can't connect to EU1 & EU2. It says I'm in a queue etc.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I am officially now a gold noob.

The Conquerer is so impotent with the 20pdr that it's getting basically a full game worth of prem shells so that I can at least contribute in some tiny way when I roll in tier 10/11 matches. God I want the L11A1...