STGOD Diplomacy thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Kyle wrote:
Rye wrote:"Has anyone got anything pleasurable that we haven't thought of yet?" he asks, unhopeful. "If you do, and are prepared to trade, it could encourage relations between our races in future, and that's always a good thing."
Might I suggest a vacation to Earth? It's unique in the galaxy, the perfect planet. The Universe Shield places the planet in another universe that has as it's most basic law "protect planet and it's inhabitants." So no harm can befall anyone. It is also the homeworld for the most numerous species in this galaxy.

Please contact the Ambassador if you might be interested. Access to Earth is limited though.
We would be very interested in exploring the oceans of the human homeworld.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Thirdfain wrote:"We propose an alliance of free trade between your empire and ours. We believe that in this time of decay, it is necessary for the old empires and the new to band together, in mutual trade and profit."
Chmrran-Tsitok did not deign to tilt his head and look directly at the human which addressed him. He gazed down at the top of its head from his two meter height and spoke in the Heroes' tongue while his chief bodyguard translated.

"The Patriarch cannot sign treaties with nations whose existence he does not recognize. There are three states in the universe: The SKS, the UTR, and the Patriarchy. There was once a nation called the New Republic or the True Republic, but we have had no communication for 300 years and we suspect it has been destroyed. Even if your 'nation' was recognized we would not sign this agreement, for Kzin import little and export less.

"You may ship your goods to our space at the standard tariff, and whatever government you may have can establish a tariff in turn if it pleases it. The Patriarch rules the human-youma planets within his territory in a not overbearing manner and they sometimes make deals in trade; we do not interfere so long as they remain orderly and productive. You may discuss your proposal with them, and is likely that you may trade with them freely."
Last edited by Pablo Sanchez on 2003-11-06 06:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Kyle wrote: Might I suggest a vacation to Earth? It's unique in the galaxy, the perfect planet. The Universe Shield places the planet in another universe that has as it's most basic law "protect planet and it's inhabitants." So no harm can befall anyone. It is also the homeworld for the most numerous species in this galaxy.

Please contact the Ambassador if you might be interested. Access to Earth is limited though.
Sounds nice enough...what exactly is permissable on your planet?

We were thinking more of "toys" and the like, to buy.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Deputy Director Tormart seperated himself from the noisy twitter still going in in the large room. Those few contrats signed, and an promising exchange with those Aquatic lifeforms seemed worth the travel.

Though many people were still convinced the Corporation should have stayed out of all this in all their usual haughtiness, he wasn't sure. Granted, they have flourished the last 1000 years very well on their own, but after the first contact, it was inevitable that they'd would have to deal with those other powers, in one way or another.

But for today, there would not be any major deals. His orders were updated, and he was to wait and observe. And observe he could a great many things. The terrans, smiling at their own superiority, those religious fanatic off to the other side, smaller excited groups grasping for profits.
He chuckled.
A great new future...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

"You may ship your goods to our space at the standard tariff, and whatever government you may have can establish a tariff in turn if it pleases it. The Patriarch rules the human-youma planets within his territory in a not overbearing manner and they sometimes make deals in trade; we do not interfere so long as they remain orderly and productive. You may discuss your proposal with them, and is likely that you may trade with them freely."
The Three Suns delegate nodded stiffly.

"It appears we have come to an understanding, then. Thank you for your time."

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Kyle wrote: Nguyen looked across his glass and looked at the terran. "I did see that. Some of these people have very little understanding of the galaxy and how diplomacy and politics works. This intial goodwill is soon going to disipate" With that he sat back and began to finish his meal.
Dellstar quietly observed the idle chatter all the other ambassadors as he finished his own meal. Exquisite, really, prepared by some of the finest chefs in the known universe. Of course, the known universe was a much smaller place nowadays, but the food was still quite good.

"You know, Nguyen, you're so pragmatist...so manipulative to those other powers that you might as well be British. You play a dangerous game."

"I agree," said Chmrran-Tsitok as he munched on a raw rack of lamb. "Inexperienced, naive...perhaps only prey, yes, but even prey can show intelligence. Not all of them are stupid. That ... fool from the Black Alliance was right. You shold be more careful. Your Kingdom is not what it once was, you cannot dictate to other powers."

Nguyen finished off his dessert and then replied "I know full well what I'm doing. And yes, you might call my style British. Divide and conquer whether through the sword, pen or the almighty credit. And as for those out there who wish to court the Kingdom: we have no eternal friends. Only eternal interests."

His two colleagues raised their glasses at that. "To the Great Game," toasted Dellstar. "No," said Chmrran-Tsitok, "to the Great Hunt."
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:"You may ship your goods to our space at the standard tariff, and whatever government you may have can establish a tariff in turn if it pleases it. The Patriarch rules the human-youma planets within his territory in a not overbearing manner and they sometimes make deals in trade; we do not interfere so long as they remain orderly and productive. You may discuss your proposal with them, and is likely that you may trade with them freely."
"Should any power wish to trade with the Kzin, the border stations in the Engima and Nemesis Sectors are able to provide technical and legal assistance at a nominal fee. The Star Kingdom has had long experience trading with the Kzin, no matter what quantities are moved to and from.

"You will find them most honorable at what trade they do, but slighting them would be an ill-advised act. They do not forget or forgive, and you will be brought to justice on their terms."
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

You guys might want to conclude your diplomatic business as the game itself is starting.