I went to Vegas but all I got was shot in the face (Fallout)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Re: I went to Vegas but all I got was shot in the face (Fall

Post by Losonti Tokash »

You either get the choice to alter their course so they land closer to their destination, or to make the rockets crash into each other. Both get you extra XP, and an obvious karma boost in either direction.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Come fly with me
Spoiler
Aww, I hope they make it okay. I rather liked Mr. Bright, even when I made fun of his name he was all "Yeah, fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony." and I was like "You're a cool dude, Ima help you." Also, I felt sorry for the crazy guy who thinks he's a ghoul. Luckily I was able to speech him into not sabotaging the rockets. I hope he does okay in Primm.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Come fly with me
Spoiler
Actually, he won't be going anyway. He'll end up in Novac either way, although he bugged out on me I think. Even after the rockets left, he was talking about how they were about to launch.

It would be awesome if we would hear from the Ghouls again.
Speech checks aren't as important as they were before. I also just found the New Vegas Clinic, where they sell implants. You can get as many implants as you have endurance points. Spent a good deal of caps there.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

come fly with me
Spoiler
Ohhh I guess it was novac. My badz. I'll look in on him from time to time.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Spoiler
They show up in the epilogue, actually. There's a bit how the Legion tried to bounce Novac, but some Bright Followers showed up and helped the locals defend it.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Turns out it pays to hold off on doing anything to the Van Graffs. If you wait to bring Cass to them until later, you can get a mission from Elder Hardin if you choose to oust McNamara, you can take care of two missions at once, kill the van graffs and loot all their shit at once. If you dig up dirt on them and turn it over to the NCR when Cass gives you the option of how to handle them, it's like killing three birds with one stone.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

The most ass-holeish option is to let them kill Cass and then murder them all from stealth.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Oh, will the AI companions switch weapons/ammo types as necessary, or will they just default to whatever the highest DPS/DAM weapon in their inventory is?
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

loomer wrote:The most ass-holeish option is to let them kill Cass and then murder them all from stealth.
I dropped a stealth-boy, an Atomic Cocktail, some psycho, some buffout, and some jet. Thanks to my newly acquired power armor I slaughtered em all and Cass was still alive in the end. I really like how chems are actually useful this time around.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

In a particularly nasty fight with the [REDACTED - Spoiler after post], Boone suddenly booked forwards, crouched over a corpse, and came up with both hands full of Gauss Rifle. I approved of this action. The downside, however, is that you have to supply ammo for nonstandard Companion weapons. Spoiler
Brotherhood of Steel
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Chardok wrote:Oh, will the AI companions switch weapons/ammo types as necessary, or will they just default to whatever the highest DPS/DAM weapon in their inventory is?
They switch from ranged to melee if the enemy get too close, but I think that's it. The companion's particular preferences in weapons can affect what they choose as well; I've never managed to get Raul to use anything that isn't a revolver for example. Cass doesn't seem to give much of a shit what you give her, and Boone obviously prefers marksman weapons of any type.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Fuck, my entire save is corrupted. Loading any save would result in the game crashing.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

ray245 wrote:Fuck, my entire save is corrupted. Loading any save would result in the game crashing.
Save often, save frequently. Using the same save file for everything is a recipe for disaster.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

General Zod wrote:
ray245 wrote:Fuck, my entire save is corrupted. Loading any save would result in the game crashing.
Save often, save frequently. Using the same save file for everything is a recipe for disaster.
I have more than one save. Trying to load any saves I had will result in the game crashing. Not sure if I should even start from scratch.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Try reinstalling the game? Your saves should be unaffected.
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:
Chardok wrote:Oh, will the AI companions switch weapons/ammo types as necessary, or will they just default to whatever the highest DPS/DAM weapon in their inventory is?
They switch from ranged to melee if the enemy get too close, but I think that's it. The companion's particular preferences in weapons can affect what they choose as well; I've never managed to get Raul to use anything that isn't a revolver for example. Cass doesn't seem to give much of a shit what you give her, and Boone obviously prefers marksman weapons of any type.

Hmm, weird. It seems like he's just going for highest DPS. dude was packing a .308 hunting rifle, varmint rifle and a .357 magnum, and chose to fight with the .357 the majority of the time. Barftastic. Do you know if they'll swuitch ammo types or are they just going to use whatever they have in their inventory first (That is, standard, then AP, then HP, etc. etc. etc.)

I got jumped by a group of assassin's last night and boone took out quite a few but one legionairre was packing a 10mm SMG and just ripped his ass to shreds. Anytime Boone dies, I just exit in frustration. :P guess I'll be micromanaging him *le sigh*
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Get Veronica for a companion, seriously. She's a brawler but her punches will kill almost anything in one hit but the really tough fuckers. (Giant radscorpions, deathclaws, etc.)
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

TELL ME WHERE SHE IS! WHYDOYOUWANNAKILLME?!
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Chardok wrote:TELL ME WHERE SHE IS! WHYDOYOUWANNAKILLME?!
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/188_Trading_Post :P
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Chardok wrote:
Manus Celer Dei wrote:

Hmm, weird. It seems like he's just going for highest DPS. dude was packing a .308 hunting rifle, varmint rifle and a .357 magnum, and chose to fight with the .357 the majority of the time. Barftastic. Do you know if they'll swuitch ammo types or are they just going to use whatever they have in their inventory first (That is, standard, then AP, then HP, etc. etc. etc.)

I got jumped by a group of assassin's last night and boone took out quite a few but one legionairre was packing a 10mm SMG and just ripped his ass to shreds. Anytime Boone dies, I just exit in frustration. :P guess I'll be micromanaging him *le sigh*
Just give him a versatile weapon of some sort. Like the Marksman's Carbine, if you want.

Or you could just stick him with that standard hunting rifle of his. It's brutally effective.
Or you could give him your trusty old upgraded Cowboy Repeater and those billion 357 shells once you've got better weapons.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Having a good luck score pays off. I just cleaned out the Gomorrah and Ultra-Luxe for 15,000 caps each. Implants here I come!
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Finally, I think I've figured Boone out. I gave him a 9mm SMG with a light bolt (136 DPS!!!) he chews through ammo like nobody's business, but man does it ever swiss enemies quick. I'll also sometimes have him use the hunting rifle w/.308 ammo.

I also njust got the hand loader Perk. (WEWT!) Can't wait to rock some custom ammo!
AMT
Jedi Knight

Post by AMT »

Playing a second run-thru (didn't finish the first cause I wanted to swap some stuff around)

Last time was a decent type of character, now I'm a rat bastard who steals everything in sight, and sells it back to you.

I'm strangely liked by everyone so far, including the NCR AND Powder Gangers, too. Huzzah for stealth!

Just finished up Come Fly With Me the quick way Spoiler
(Popped Mr. Bright in the head with That Gun while Veronica punched the "human scientist who think's he's a ghoul"'head off with the snazzy disrupter glove I gave her, followed by mass lootings of Laser Pistols and brotherhood robes. Now I have a nice bank of guns to repair/sell as I build up my energy skills for my 'Future Gunslinger' feel)
and am currently wandering aimlessly, running like a chicken shit from the cazedors (fucking hate those things) and looking for new rubes to steal from.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

You have to be at least level 20 before you can successfully deal with the cazadors on their own terms.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Silenced sniper rifle helps a lot on stuff like that, so you can avoid pulling packs. Really, L20 is a bit overkill, just gotta be smart about it, open with a looong-ranged sneak attack and wear 'em down on the way in before switching to something bruthless (Helloooo CZ57 Avenger!) once they get in close.