World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Hey, I'm under no illusion that the Leo is going to be anything other than a glass cannon ;)

That being said, I like the tank a lot (IRL) so I have no problem with that. Though God only knows when we'll get the thing.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Victory!
Battle: Airfield Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:12:50 PM
Vehicle: T-25
Experience received: 1,840 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 30,622
Battle Achievements: Sniper, Lucky, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

I'd like to be the first on star destroyer to thank an enemy arty for giving me a new type of medal.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I almost got that one earlier today. Alas the enemy arty killed the one I was fighting right after they shot and killed me.

I got the Spartan medal today, anyone got that one yet?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Lucky right? Haven't gotten it before. Or Spartan.

Though I am one of the few with a Dumitru's medal :D
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Oh tank companies:

Victory!
Battle: Widepark Friday, December 14, 2012 12:12:05 AM
Vehicle: T110E4
Experience received: 3,938 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 70,710
Battle Achievements: Radley-Walters's Medal, Pascucci's Medal, Top Gun, Sniper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

That was totally unintentional, I was just in good cover right as they went over the rails in the middle, pounded out two shells early and then every time I loaded my gun I was able to put it right into someone under 850 or so HP, clearing tanks out like a good tanker, got a shot into the IS-7, and then I asked whether I could get a top gun, and they were feeling nice and gave me a Pascucci's and Radley-Walters' as well. I made an awesome shot on the second arty to convince them though.

This comes immediately after I decided to opt out of a best replay contest in order to judge it.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg Friday, December 14, 2012 3:15:48 PM
Vehicle: Matilda
Experience received: 1,486 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 17,000
Battle Achievements: Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Ace Tanker? How the heck did that happen?
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Probably a combination of a non-premium account, and people sucking at the Matilda so that 743 is 'Ace Tanker' for this week.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

It's a tier 4 tank with pitiful alpha and no scouting ability. From my experience, it performs consistently solidly but rarely does it get extreme.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Matilda performs well in a limited range of situations. It's super weak to arty because it's slow and has low HP, but if you can get dug in in a place where arty can't get you your high ROF, solid armour, and ability to penetrate all the things will mean that you can hold off many times your weight in enemy armour.

Best I managed was holding the southern pass on Arctic against seven enemies basically singlehanded (everyone else who showed up on my team died in short order) and killed six of them myself.

It may not count over only 61 battles, but my Matilda has a 69% winrate, two Top Gun, 3 Steel Wall, and maxed at 1007XP in a single battle (non prem).

Meanwhile, 1130 still not enough to get Ace Tanker in the Cromwell. Best get your english on now, because WG are going to be beating this one with the nerf stick until its own mother doesn't recognise it.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Honestly, I'm not actually that impressed by the Cromwell.

It's not any better than the Easy 8, which I adored. It lacks the soft stats that make a maneuverable high ROF tank good. While it also has more Pen than an E8, it doesn't have the gun depression, rapid aimtime and RoF that makes the E8 a killing machine. It's sole advantage besides pen is linear speed. I'll take gun depression over speed.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

It's got a noticeable increase in alpha, still very good gun depression, a better silhouette, and great acceleration. The better silhouette and acceleration mean that you can peek out very abruptly and then pull back, especially if you aren't as concerned about hitting as not being hit. The E8 shows a lot of hull if it wants to peek, and needs to fire very often. The Cromwell shows a lot less of itself and does more damage per peek. Plus the Cromwell's speed can come in very useful for sprinting between positions. The only real lack I see is the moving dispersion and maybe the depression. Its RoF is lower but the DPM is the same so it's a clear win for the Cromwell.

You know what tank totally unambiguously sucks? The T21. It's a cut down Chaffee that's worse in every way (the engine isn't actually powerful enough to use the high traverse its tracks are capable and the thing hemorrhages speed in turns, has worse moving dispersion, etc.) I've since realized that it's basically an E8/Cromwell hybrid that sees tier ten. It's so bad. It's a scout that can get chased down by tier ten mediums that has moving dispersion worse than the T-62A. It's a total waste of room on a team.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: Westfield Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:20:10 PM
Vehicle: M6
Experience received: 1,022
Credits received: 26,872

Ah, another great day in the M6. Almost slew a TOG, but our arty got him when he was at 7%. Whittling him down got me an extra 885 damage done, however. I'm posting this match because I was on the top of the team with four kills, and the person below me, a T-34, got only 457 xp. So I dominated the match, essentially.

This tank is my second favorite now. If only I could bastard-mount an M37 on the back of it. Call it an M6-37.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

I love the Jumbo, it's even called that now!

Victory!
Battle: Murovanka 15 December 2012 17:35:58
Vehicle: M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo
Experience received: 2,026 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 24,152
Battle Achievements: Sniper

Three kills, a KV-1, A KV-1S and (Upsets Skywalker) a VK3601H.

Got 90% odd damage on a Cromwell too, only for a passing ally to get the kill there, and then an enemy M6 finally brought me down, but by this point the base was 90% captured by the rest of my team, who had found very little resistance as I'd managed to stop and hold the enemy Heavy advance almost by myself, mostly by making them panic when they all started getting holes in thier side armour, I think I made them think I had some TD support or something based on how 90% of the enemy team swept around my position to try and bring me down, I stand by the top guns firing rate being worth the loss of some side turret armour.

Edit: Oh, and since I just noticed Imperials post, I wound up doing something similar this battle, without doubling my XP was at 1,013, the closest other tank in terms of XP was an allied Tiger, with 497. Well darn, I did a lot there >.>
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Lictuel
Redshirt

Post by Lictuel »

Victory!
Battle: Steppes Samstag, 15. Dezember 2012 18:41:42
Vehicle: PzKpfw VIB Tiger II
Experience received: 1.162
Credits received: 35.380
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sniper, Defender, Reaper

I love being the sole toptier in this one.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

I have to grudgingly admit Nazi tanks seem suit my play style well. Goddammit.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

PeZook wrote:I have to grudgingly admit Nazi tanks seem suit my play style well. Goddammit.
Which ones? There's some serious variety in playstyles among them. Aim for the E-75, it's one of the greatest things I've ever driven. Like a Tiger II on steroids.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Well, I am going down the Pz III/IV tree to the VK3601, and so far all of them really fit me with their gun depression and snipiness.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

PeZook wrote:Well, I am going down the Pz III/IV tree to the VK3601, and so far all of them really fit me with their gun depression and snipiness.
They lose the gun depression later on but most retain the accuracy, and the VK3601 is pretty perfect. Lately I've been using the VK 3601 with the Konisch, which ordinarily isn't that great, but I've been loading it up entirely with APCR, which kicks the penetration up to 225 and damage up to 165. At tier 6. Expensive, but it's not even fair.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

I'm still dicking around with the Pz IIIA, but the PzII was THE most enjoyable grind ever.

The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

PeZook wrote:I'm still dicking around with the Pz IIIA, but the PzII was THE most enjoyable grind ever.
PzII was fun, but I'm not really a fan of autocannons. I loved the Pz III Ausf A and PzIII though. That whole tree great.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Really? I hated the PzII but loved all the following tanks. Might just be an autocannon thing...
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Latest addition to the list of numbers which are not big enough to get Ace Tanker in a Cromwell: 1191
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Esquire wrote:Really? I hated the PzII but loved all the following tanks. Might just be an autocannon thing...
I adore the autocannon. It seems that when I get into somebody's face and unload a magazine of 20mm, they just freak out. The Pz.II also has great gun depression, to the point that Malinovka is actually fun!

In fact it has just the right combination of speed, armor, gun and silhouette to suit me very well indeed.

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

If you have gold to spare, the new PzIV Schmallturm premium is fucking epic.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

wautd wrote:If you have gold to spare, the new PzIV Schmallturm premium is fucking epic.
I must admit that I love her skirts.