[STGOD] info poll 1 - tech level

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Tech Level of new STGOD

Near Modern
10%
The Race
5%
Star Trek
5%
Honorverse
35%
Star Wars
45%

Total votes: 20

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

MKSheppard wrote:
SirNitram wrote: Wrong! She's a Battlecruiser.
Yet you said:
1) She's one of the lightest ships in the STGOD's final arc.
(Emphasis Mine)
Could I have been meaning ships of her tonnage/classification? Gee, maybe...

Especially considering there were ISD-derivatives in use at the time..
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

SirNitram wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:Jesus mythical christ!!!!!!
Three things to note for the insanity:

2) She received a much needed upgrade halfway through, was still, pound for pound, inferior.

3) There's several trillion of these.
*twitches*

Oh this is when I use home-grown tech... That or magic... I HOPE I dont have to deal with trying to wank up something that horrible. If I do, I am mage wanking, and that is BAD... for you...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:Jesus mythical christ!!!!!!
Three things to note for the insanity:

2) She received a much needed upgrade halfway through, was still, pound for pound, inferior.

3) There's several trillion of these.
*twitches*

Oh this is when I use home-grown tech... That or magic... I HOPE I dont have to deal with trying to wank up something that horrible. If I do, I am mage wanking, and that is BAD... for you...
I probably won't be deploying the full Lost; realistically, outside of the magical duels that might occour between the Beast and the Senshi, the only way they would fall would be full on invasion from the Sixth Imperium.

Still, it's nice to reflect on having the power of gods.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:That or magic... I HOPE I dont have to deal with trying to wank up something that horrible. If I do, I am mage wanking, and that is BAD... for you...
My solution is simply to base a batteries of Anti-Ship Missiles
made from converted ISD Mark I hulks with the Bridge Tower
and City Structure removed in hidden locations in my solar system's
asteroid field.

Unfortunately, for some strange reason, they can't target anything less than 18 km in size :lol:

That's the best I can do without resorting to fanwanking.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Isnt it wonderful... when one ship that looks like a galeon can take out an entire battleflet...
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: Isnt it wonderful... when one ship that looks like a galeon can take out an entire battleflet...
As long as it's his trillion ship fleet of 50 km ships and not my 400~
ship fleet made out of a hodgepodge of ships from all over the galaxy,
I ain't complaining :twisted:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
Isnt it wonderful... when one ship that looks like a galeon can take out an entire battleflet...
I dunno, I like the fact I deployed an Eclipse variant that remained a viable member of strike forces even during the Planetoid era.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:Oh this is when I use home-grown tech... That or magic... I HOPE I dont have to deal with trying to wank up something that horrible. If I do, I am mage wanking, and that is BAD... for you...
Bah, magic has been a component of the STGODs for some time. Warlord Graeme's armies were primarily magic based; Brother Kynes's abilities might as well have been magic (subject to limitations depending on where he was).

The SKS very heavily used magitech/technomagic and possessed several absurdly powerful Magical Plot Devices.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

phongn wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:Oh this is when I use home-grown tech... That or magic... I HOPE I dont have to deal with trying to wank up something that horrible. If I do, I am mage wanking, and that is BAD... for you...
Bah, magic has been a component of the STGODs for some time. Warlord Graeme's armies were primarily magic based; Brother Kynes's abilities might as well have been magic (subject to limitations depending on where he was).

The SKS very heavily used magitech/technomagic and possessed several absurdly powerful Magical Plot Devices.
You know me... If I really set my mind to it, a 20th level mage can take our an eclipse...

Imagine what I can wank up when not bound by the d20 system... Looking at thaat AWFUL ship... If forced to...

I dont know if I want to use a mgic using race... or a race of FREAKY powerful psionicists. The only real difference is HOW they lay waste to the universe...

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Hmm... SHould they just have to think about rending a hole n the fabric of the universe, or should they have to chant a little first... :twisted:

Just kidding...

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: Imagine what I can wank up when not bound by the d20 system... Looking at thaat AWFUL ship... If forced to...
Hrm...

did you know that Nitram was one of the few (semi) sane players in the
old STGOD? Others were much much worse...

*cough*

Asgerd-I

*cough*

(Basically imagine a 4,000km planetoid with an
armor belt 150km thick)

EDIT:

This kind of stuff is what I'd really like to avoid in this next STGOD,
something more realistic, than deploying 200,000 ships of all types
for a mere skirmish :shock:
Last edited by MKSheppard on 2003-08-04 03:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:Hmm... SHould they just have to think about rending a hole n the fabric of the universe, or should they have to chant a little first... :twisted:
Child's play for a few characters in the STGOD, but they are generally bound not to do things like that.

The rest of us mortals must content themselves with lesser feats.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

MKSheppard wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote: Imagine what I can wank up when not bound by the d20 system... Looking at thaat AWFUL ship... If forced to...
Hrm...

did you know that Nitram was one of the few (semi) sane players in the
old STGOD? Others were much much worse...

*cough*

Asgerd-I

*cough*

(Basically imagine a 4,000km planetoid with an
armor belt 150km thick)
.... Let me guess.... It is so dense that one km of it can absorb and retransmit a DS level blast...

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

MKSheppard wrote:Asgerd-I
It would be worse: there was the Asgerd-II deployed by the Sixth Imperium. Linkage

The 6I's fifth-rate sublight dreadnoughts were merely 900 meters long and could compare favourably with a 13500 meter SKS superdreadnought...
This kind of stuff is what I'd really like to avoid in this next STGOD,
something more realistic, than deploying 200,000 ships of all types
for a mere skirmish :shock:
I don't think I managed to pull that off; the Royal Navy had far too many committments for that.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

In their final incarnation, the Centerpoint II stations received seven-layer shield systems capable of handling multiple Death Star shots. This was mainly to counter Halite, since the C2s were the most prominent military targets in the UTR...

I'm glad I don't have to work with those stations anymore. They were serious pains to handle.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Anyone remember the RGV Phallus? Do they have stats on it? Deimos'
site is long gone...that would really freak Alryium out :P

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

FOUND IT!

The Phallus

OK, I introduce you to the Holy War vessel of Romulan Glory and Vengence, the RGV Phallus. A picture of the Phallus can be found Here

It is 50,000 miles long, armored the same way as my base (Quantum Crystaline, Neutronium and Ablative armor), except that instead of 30 meters thick it is 9 kilometers thick. Click Here for armor detail. The shields are 400 times stronger than the DSII's and are powered by a hypermatter-warpcore, a warp core fueled by hypermatter and anti-hypermatter, which is 50 miles high and puts out more power than 200 DSII reactors. (The shields can still be 400 times stronger, because not all the DSII's power would have gone to the shields, but all this cores power does.) Another HM-WC of similar size and power supplies power to the ship's weapons systems, and a third supplies the various engines and drives, along with general ship systems such as lighting, heating, replicators, gravity etc.

It has a galaxy-gun class hyperdrive, transwarp drive, QS drive, fold drive, and regular warp drive.

It is armed with 20 DSII class superlasers, and also a prototype "superphaser". (If a SL is a scaled up blaster, it should be possible to do the same with phaser tech) This has the advantage of NDFing a planet into nothing, so it does not leave evidence in the form of a debris field, the way a superlaser would. It has 3,000,000 turreted Defiant-type pulse phaser cannons, 1,000,000 HTLs, 3,000,000 MTLs, and 5,000,000 light turbolaser point defence guns. It also has 500,000 Galaxy-class phaser strips. It has 100,000 quantum torpedo tubes, and an equal number of heavy concussion missile tubes, and 50 nova bomb launchers.

In it's bays are a billion TIE avengers, a million Defiant-class starships, a Thousand ISD-IIs, and one Executor-class Super Star Destroyer.

To meet crewing demands, the huge hundreds-of-meters-long replicator pads have been fed the data on T-800 model Terminators, and are replicating tens of thosands of them at a go. The Terminators are of course higly intelligent, completely loyal, and perfect for crewing starships, fighters etc.

The Phallus is equiped with Romulan-style cloaking and phase- cloaking, and currently holds station in a nebula near the Sol system.

Only in a "last resort" situation, would the Phallus make a direct attack itself. The ships it contains and services do the work under normal circumstances.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Crayz9000 wrote:In their final incarnation, the Centerpoint II stations received seven-layer shield systems capable of handling multiple Death Star shots. This was mainly to counter Halite, since the C2s were the most prominent military targets in the UTR...

I'm glad I don't have to work with those stations anymore. They were serious pains to handle.
Pain is an understatement.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

:shock:

Note to self: develope spells/psionic abilities to counter EVERYTHING

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

I think the Three Suns Commonwealth will end up using reality manipulation weapons on a regular basis....

"Commander, our hull is turning into coconut custard!"

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

It is going to be fun having(if people decide to fanwank) grunts that are like Tetsuo Shima...

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Thirdfain wrote:I think the Three Suns Commonwealth will end up using reality manipulation weapons on a regular basis....

Such devices also have been used in the STGOD.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I believe the consensus had been NOT to return to the power levels and especially uber wank tech of the STGOD....
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Ok. good. Those uberwank ships scare me...

Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

phongn wrote:
Thirdfain wrote:I think the Three Suns Commonwealth will end up using reality manipulation weapons on a regular basis....

Such devices also have been used in the STGOD.
Everything has been used in STGOD.