World of Warships

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: World of Warships

Post by Lonestar »

oh, whoops
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

what referral code?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

http://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/

Get somebody from here to invite you :)

Also try to redeem this for free premium time:
ILOVEWARSHIPS
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Also: The British T10 is pure sex. 2.8 seconds reload.

I was able to solo and kill two full health Gearings in less than thirty seconds.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I got cussed out yesterday like you wouldn't believe by a Fuso when he got too close and, with my NY only at 10% or so health, I rammed his ass and killed us both.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

If you do not get flamed or reported at least two times a day you are playing the game wrong.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Well I got a "JESUS CHRIST DO SOMETHING CV" the other day, I have a Bogue with two fighter squadrons and one dive bomber, was facing a Bogue that obviously had the two TBs and one dive bomber mod, and had at that point shot down 25 aircraft.

As far as I could tell he was complaining about one individual TB that hit him.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

So I have a ton of free XP. If you could skip one Tier VII ship, which would it be and why? I have the choice between skipping a Pensacola, Colorado and Gneisenau. I heard the first two aren't that great and are hard to grind, while the Gneisenau might be OK but I'd rather be in a Bismarck
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Pensacola is made of tissue paper and citadels, and so big it's visible from orbit.

It is, therefore, every battleship's favourite thing to shoot ever.

(Though it's the only line I've played up that far, so I have no points of comparison)
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

There are also rumors that the upcoming USS Missouri can only be acquired by spending free XPs

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

wautd wrote:So I have a ton of free XP. If you could skip one Tier VII ship, which would it be and why? I have the choice between skipping a Pensacola, Colorado and Gneisenau. I heard the first two aren't that great and are hard to grind, while the Gneisenau might be OK but I'd rather be in a Bismarck
Save your freeXP because by all accounts the Missouri will be hilariously OP and will only be obtainable by freeXP.
------------
------------
My LPs
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Raesene wrote:There are also rumors that the upcoming USS Missouri can only be acquired by spending free XPs
OK I didn't knew that. Might as well wait for that then
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Lonestar wrote:I got cussed out yesterday like you wouldn't believe by a Fuso when he got too close and, with my NY only at 10% or so health, I rammed his ass and killed us both.
It's a perfectly legitimate strategy if you're outnumbered, cornered, and/or too low on health to escape or out-trade. The onus is always on the guy with more HP left to take away enemy HP while denying the enemy kills.
Vendetta wrote:The Pensacola is made of tissue paper and citadels, and so big it's visible from orbit.

It is, therefore, every battleship's favourite thing to shoot ever.

(Though it's the only line I've played up that far, so I have no points of comparison)
"The New Orleans has more armour than the Pensacola, but, well, the Ford Fiesta also has more armour than the Pensacola." -- Jingles

To be honest, I think Pepsi players let themselves down much more than the armour does. I catch them broadside on, at constant speed, in every game.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Hey if anybody want to toss me a referral for the NA server feel free to do so and get yourself some rewards. First to quote this gets it.

Venator wrote: "The New Orleans has more armour than the Pensacola, but, well, the Ford Fiesta also has more armour than the Pensacola." -- Jingles
Jingles barely knows the game, it has gotten to the point where his commentary gives me cancer.
To be honest, I think Pepsi players let themselves down much more than the armour does. I catch them broadside on, at constant speed, in every game.
Yep. It really is a shame that while all other nations have two ships immediately following each other to show you that this is a bad idea (German Königsberg/Nürnberg, Japan Kuma - Furutaka - Aoba, Britain - the entire line, USSR ditto) the USA goes from squishy Omaha to tanky cleveland and thus most players forget the lessons as the cleveland does not really suffer a lot from "Sudden and instant deletion".
------------
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote:Hey if anybody want to toss me a referral for the NA server feel free to do so and get yourself some rewards. First to quote this gets it.
Can has?
Venator wrote: "The New Orleans has more armour than the Pensacola, but, well, the Ford Fiesta also has more armour than the Pensacola." -- Jingles
Jingles barely knows the game, it has gotten to the point where his commentary gives me cancer.
The big problem is that he doesn't seem to ever check stats or patch notes, at least till halfway through grinding a given ship. He banged on about the lost RoF from the Farragut to Mahan for ages after they had changed both ships. I tend to tune out stats when I watch, that's what Flammu, iChase, DezGames, etc. are for when I want to watch something accurate (and kinda boring).
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

PM'd you the email.
Venator wrote:The big problem is that he doesn't seem to ever check stats or patch notes, at least till halfway through grinding a given ship.
If you look at his stats it is pretty clear he barely plays the game at all.

This is his account. He has less than 300 games in total. (K, he also has a press account but that cannot be many more games than that). He has no T8 ship that is not a premium. Nothing above T7. It is pretty clear that the game is just a vehicle to make money of for him.
He banged on about the lost RoF from the Farragut to Mahan for ages after they had changed both ships. I tend to tune out stats when I watch, that's what Flammu, iChase, DezGames, etc. are for when I want to watch something accurate (and kinda boring).
I find his gameplay just grating. Look at his Mahan video. Starts about 7:30 in.
He has no clue whatsoever how to play a gunboat DD.
------------
------------
My LPs
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Been a long time since I watched one of his videos because he so blatantly sucks, but he used to not even fire half the salvos he could.

I found the Pensacola was okay, I just needs to follow around a fast battleship and set whatever that battleship wants dead on fire. I sank very little but did tremendous amounts of damage that way, having equal fore and aft firepower is very helpful for such tactics.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

I think it shows that I usually have him as background sound and barely watch the video unless it's a KV-2 montage (laptop somehow blew the wall-to-adapter cable, scavenged a cable from my other monitor... that's another story). Skimmed through that Mahan vid and a couple others... wow. Wow. That's actually frustrating to watch.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So a few observations:

- the US server is much more customer friendly. The amount of specials they have...wow. Cashcow EU I guess.
- the players on the US server are mentally challenged beyond belief. BBs refusing to lissten to simple tactics, DDs picking gunfights with cruisers...wow. Just wow. Not even playing T1 or T2 on the EU server is approaching this level. Holy shit. I have even given up being civil as they don't fucking seem to listen unless there are at least three insults thrown in.
------------
------------
My LPs
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

To be fair, most cruisers are brain dead on NA such that a halfway decent DD can pick a gunfight with them and win.

Problem being the DD is often brain dead too.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Welcome to my world!
Imperial528 wrote:To be fair, most cruisers are brain dead on NA such that a halfway decent DD can pick a gunfight with them and win.

That's why my US DD learning curve was so erratic. I used to YOLO Clevelands because, rolling the dice, you had decent odds of it actually working.

Just the other day, I had an Isokaze and a Derpsky pull off a flawless bait-and-strafe ambush on me - Derpsky came out of a smokescreen and cross-launched his entire payload at the same moment as the Isokaze from the other side, both from about 1.5-2km away.

I killed both and got away with about 30% HP. In the Kaiser.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Imperial528 wrote:To be fair, most cruisers are brain dead on NA such that a halfway decent DD can pick a gunfight with them and win.

hi it's me
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Man so most images are blocked at work(which is when I usually browse SDN) so I didn't really see the sort of damage levels and XP people were making in this thread.

I am nto the sort of guy you would want in charge of a warship.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:Man so most images are blocked at work(which is when I usually browse SDN) so I didn't really see the sort of damage levels and XP people were making in this thread.

I am nto the sort of guy you would want in charge of a warship.

Eh, it is a learning curve. Don't be discouraged by it. I was a total potato until I hit 600 games.
------------
------------
My LPs
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

https://na.warships.today/player/1003083693/Imperial528

For what it's worth, those are my stats, and I consider myself pretty mediocre all things considered.