World of Warcraft: Shattering

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Crown
NARF

Re: World of Warcraft: Shattering

Post by Crown »

White Haven wrote:Mellowing somewhat, if you watch the Alliance side Deathbringer Saurfang event. How's Garrosh holding up? Vol'jin doesn't seem to think very well... :P

Also, Sylvannas? Bitch needs to grow a mustache for the express purpose of twirling it. Worgen starting area...ghaah!
Pretty sure our Warchief is holding the freaking world together no matter if you do the Alliance or Horde event! :P
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

If he was the Warchief still, many problems would be averted. Sadly, he picked WAAAAAAAAMBULANCE Garrosh instead of Cairne to replace him.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Crown wrote:
White Haven wrote:Mellowing somewhat, if you watch the Alliance side Deathbringer Saurfang event. How's Garrosh holding up? Vol'jin doesn't seem to think very well... :P

Also, Sylvannas? Bitch needs to grow a mustache for the express purpose of twirling it. Worgen starting area...ghaah!
Pretty sure our Warchief is holding the freaking world together no matter if you do the Alliance or Horde event! :P
Exactly. The true warchief for me is, and will always be, Thrall.
...Vol'jin would have been my second choice, anyhow. Not Garrosh under any circumstances.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Crown wrote:
Terralthra wrote:HCs? Do you mean Heroics? What does the C stand for?
HCs is the accepted short form for Heroics in WoW /2 channel. Sorry if using it in a thread about WoW was a little disorientating.
Yeah, never heard that on Kilrogg either, and it's a fairly large server population. You also added an extra syllable to "disorienting," for no detectable reason. Is that slang on your server too?
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Molyneux wrote:
Crown wrote:

Exactly. The true warchief for me is, and will always be, Thrall.
...Vol'jin would have been my second choice, anyhow. Not Garrosh under any circumstances.
Here here, I would have chosen Cairne or Vol'jin as my Warchief is given the choice, but I understand why Thrall had to leave the position behind.

Garrosh got chosen because Thrall sees something in him that no one else does, if only because Thrall still remembers fondly the whelps father...
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Crown wrote:PuG HC's are DOING MY FUCKING HEAD IN as a healer. Jesus, you've got 90k HP now DPS, if you get hit because of your own stupidity (fire mages running into melee packs that do frontal cone damage so you can Dragon's Breath, I'm looking at you) DON'T start screaming 'heal plz!'
Speaking as someone with mostly DPS toons (both ranged and melee) I'm right with you. But maybe it's because I've been around since Vanilla so I remember the days when DPS had to stay the fuck out of the fire or die, before everyone got nerf batted.

If someone is dying this early in the expansion, well, I don't have much sympathy for them. Sure, we all have occasional lapses, glitches, pets running across the keyboard.... but you can figure out who had an "oops" and who is just too stupid/awkward to live.

As a DPS part of my job is not just to burn down the enemy but also not to be a burden to the rest of the team. That means keeping myself out of the Bad Stuff. I also carry self-healing of at least a limited sort on all my DPS so I can mitigate my own screw ups to some extent.

And for Og's sake people, don't bitch if you die. We all die in the game. Don't bitch even if we wipe once. Shit happens. It's just a fucking game. Do better next time.

I actually like that some of the fights in Cat require a minute quantity of thought, strategy, and cooperation. Of course, this is traumatic to some folks.

Now if I can just get people to remember that Shamans can "frog" mobs just as Mages can "sheep" them for crowd control...
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Terralthra wrote:
Crown wrote:
Terralthra wrote:HCs? Do you mean Heroics? What does the C stand for?
HCs is the accepted short form for Heroics in WoW /2 channel. Sorry if using it in a thread about WoW was a little disorientating.
Yeah, never heard that on Kilrogg either, and it's a fairly large server population. You also added an extra syllable to "disorienting," for no detectable reason. Is that slang on your server too?
Errr ... no it's the correct verb usage when asking if my actions were disorientating to you.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

White Haven wrote:If he was the Warchief still, many problems would be averted. Sadly, he picked WAAAAAAAAMBULANCE Garrosh instead of Cairne to replace him.
Cairne is dead.

I kinda like Garrosh in a 'different change of pace' kind of way. Love Thrall to bits, but I roll on a PvP server, and if it's red it's dead.

Also Goblins, which I love, have an AWESOME starting experience where we rescue Thrall from SI:7 (/spit). After you finally hit 20 and get yourself to Orgrimarr to present yourself to Garrosh you get this lovely bit of dialogue where he tells you in no uncertain terms that all races are welcome in the Horde if they make themselves useful and serve faithfully which just had me laughing in stitches having just rolled a Goblin Priest, and Goblins only think about one thing; PROFIT!

God I wish I could find a quote of the greeting text from the Goblin Priest trainer in the starting zone, Sister Goldskinner, it goes something like; "Following the pious path of the Light does not mean that one has to forgo the goal of corporate profit, remember; donations!"

They are my favourite race by far, I gave up my Undead Male Priest to change to one, they are absolutely hands down hilarious. The Goblin Mage and Warlock trainers are constantly fighting and casting spells at each other, these guys are brilliant.

Anyway, going back to Garrosh, when you get the quest to go to the Twilight Highlands, you have to 'deal' with the fact that he allowed the Goblins to be in charge of building the Horde war machine; brilliant by Blizzard, very entertaining quest chains. And you 'get' Garrosh's overbearing aura affecting the NPCs, something that unfortunately you never really got with Thrall because he was a bit of a softy.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Broomstick wrote:<snip>
It's far more of a collective effort now than in WotLK where all you needed was a semi geared tank and an epic geared healer who would face roll through dungeons. I like the intent, but it's gonna take a while for the PuGs to get up to speed again (although already in the first week it's getting better).
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

If you have a good tank and healer, you can one-shot heroics. I was in a guild group that steamrolled Lost City and Vortex Pinnacle. Incidentally, the dragon boss in VP-Heroic is probably the most difficult heroic boss in cataclysm. All those goddamn tornados!

Oh, and someone learned Vial of the Sands on my server, and he's selling the mounts for 60k if its his mats.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

DarkSilver wrote:Here here, I would have chosen Cairne or Vol'jin as my Warchief is given the choice, but I understand why Thrall had to leave the position behind.

Garrosh got chosen because Thrall sees something in him that no one else does, if only because Thrall still remembers fondly the whelps father...
actually the pre-cata events tell Thrall's hands were pretty much tied as to who to choose when Varok Saurfang went to grief the loss of his son.

as for why Thrall had to stand down from being the Warchief, again it's explain in the pre-cata events but the short version is that Thrall couldn't be both the warchief of the horde and try to heal Azeroth's wounds his mind had to fully on one of the other, not both.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Cairne wasn't dead until Thrall chose Garrosh the Traitor as Warchief, so he would still have been a valid choice.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

garrosh has been improving somewhat. He kills a mass murderer of civillians, and calls sylvannas out on her utilization of the vrykul. He also refused to help magatha after learning what she did.

Also, I anticipate a battle between genn and sylvannas
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Darth Yan wrote: Also, I anticipate a battle between genn and sylvannas
Spoiler
Happens in the Worgen starter zone. Genn is winning until Slyvannas tries to take him out with a poisoned arrow, his son dives in to take it for him, and Sylvannas escapes.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

i meant later on as payback for killing the kid
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

If Garrosh wasn't the Warchief he'd still be leading the Orcs, but at least now he has to take responsibility for the entire Horde. If all he cared about was the Orcs, you might have been looking at a Horde Civil War.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Archaeology is paying off. I now have two bind-on-account lvl 359 caster items; A trinket and a ring.

Now if only I had a caster.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Wow, I mean, if only it were possible to level an alternate character. Something...I dunno, there must be a catchy name for that... :twisted:

I kid, I kid. So far the only BoA I've gotten is the L60 one from the Night Elves.

Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

GuppyShark wrote:If Garrosh wasn't the Warchief he'd still be leading the Orcs, but at least now he has to take responsibility for the entire Horde. If all he cared about was the Orcs, you might have been looking at a Horde Civil War.
Have you started a new Troll character since Cata hit? There was a pretty damned real danger of that because Garrosh took over the Horde. Vol'jin was seriously considering just saying "Screw you, I'm still following Thrall" and declaring independence.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Garrosh is the George W Bush of Azeroth.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Since I started playing again WoW again, I've reasiled something: Holy shit did the old world leveling grind suck. I'm actually having a blast leveling up a new char and doing all the quests. There's actually some really fun ones out there. I find I'm actually having a hard choice between doing an instance or doing some questing. I'm enjoying both too much.

My only problem is trying to make gold with the gathering pofressions as I'm leveling up a character. All the Auction prices for the stuff I gather has fallen through the floor. For instance, when I first started in BC, I could sell a stack of Copper Ore for about 1.5 gold. 2 gold in WotLK. Now, I'm lucky to get 76 silver for a stack. The only gold I've been making is through Fishing mid level fish. What the fuck happened?
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Sinewmire
Padawan Learner

Post by Sinewmire »

What the fuck happened?
Simple - supply has increased. Cataclysm has brought loads of people out to see the new content, to level new characters and run through new quest chains. These people are harvesting commodities and selling them, thus driving down the price. Once everyone has reached 85 and done their questing and get bored, the prices will rise again as they can't be bothered to gather the materials themselves, probably in 2-3 months.
"Our terror has to be indiscriminate, otherwise innocent people will cease to fear"
-Josef Stalin
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

White Haven wrote:Cairne wasn't dead until Thrall chose Garrosh the Traitor as Warchief, so he would still have been a valid choice.
No he wasn't, that was the point I was trying to make neither Cairne nor Vol'jin wasn't a valid option as neither of them was a "war hero" only other person the people of the Horde would have accepted as Warchief would have been High Overlord Varok Saurfang
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Lord Revan wrote:
White Haven wrote:Cairne wasn't dead until Thrall chose Garrosh the Traitor as Warchief, so he would still have been a valid choice.
No he wasn't, that was the point I was trying to make neither Cairne nor Vol'jin wasn't a valid option as neither of them was a "war hero" only other person the people of the Horde would have accepted as Warchief would have been High Overlord Varok Saurfang
How exactly is Garrosh any more of a war hero than either of them? Vol'jin and Cairne fought alongside Thrall from the very beginning of the new Horde. Garrosh didn't even show up until Outland came into play.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

I think Revan means because of the Northrend Campaigns against the Lich King. Garrosh was there for the entire Campaign, he obstentially lead the primary Horde thrust into Northrend - While Cairne and Vol'jin have been with the Horde since the first Undead War before Arthas became the Lich King, they weren't important members of the military DURING the Northrend fighting - in fact, they stayed behind in Kalimdor while Garrosh and Varok was fighting the Scourge.

And like with the real world, people remember the Heroes of the most recent war larger in their mind...plus Garrosh had MANY followers in the Horde who liked what he preached. The Orc's would only follow one of their own, Revan is right, to Thrall, in order to keep the Horde together while he dealt with the current crisis, was to choose Garrosh (as much as I despise it) - ESPECIALLY since Varok Saurfang grew tired of things after the death of his son...twice...against the Lich King.

And quiet frankly, I don't blame him. While I'd have followed a Warchief Varok Saurfang to the ends of Azaroth and into the Twisting Nether itself if he asked....I can understand why he simply remained a general and took control of just the Northrend forces instead.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.