World of Warcraft: Shattering

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Re: World of Warcraft: Shattering

Post by SirNitram »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:I just discovered the only way to get the recipe for the 'alchemy mount' is to find it in a canopic jar, a piece of tol'vir archaeology.

So... back to grinding.
Suck. On better terms, Obsidium spawns more often in Deepholm, and the vial for the changing is now bind-on-equip. So once it's gotten, you can sell 'em. Quite a few Engineers got rich off of the motorcycles.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Two things I know I like about Mend Pet -- the change to "percentage" healing (25% of Pet's total Health over 10 seconds, 5% per tick, ticking a third faster), and costing no Focus. Since it's still an instant cast, now assuming I somehow have room in a shot rotation* (accounting for GCD) for a non-shot I can "freely" toss a Mend Pet, if only to keep my Pet's Health and Happiness (yay that sounds "thematic" -- and I hear Glyph of Mend Pet = 40 Happiness per tick) topped off.

I only run Ferocity pets right now (specifically the Wolf -- +5% crit chance for the party/raid), so the buffs to Mend Pet seem to help Ferocity moreso than for the other two types.

* Did they ever revert back to talking "rotation" over "priority"?
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Ghetto Edit: Can anyone confirm if Chimera Shot (as Wowhead claims) really does heal the Hunter using it for 5% of his or her total Health per use?
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Finally got the canopic jar, and I'm an 'Associate Professor' now. Only problem is that recipe isn't a 100% drop rate. More tol'vir archaeology grinding in my future I guess.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Woot, first guild heroic clear, first chaos orb, 525 engineering, YAY FOR MIGHTY HAT.

Also, Mannoroth being full of bags of dicks is less relevant when you run guild groups for everything. That is all.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Minischoles
Jedi Knight

Post by Minischoles »

Guild is 11/12 normal modes in raids, and we didn't get a chance to do Nef last week cos he was bugged. Went in yesterday, best attempt was 16% - really intense fight, especially since we're using the Premo strategy of kiting the adds, which is a little RNG at times.

Most of the fights are challenging, but they're fairly easy if people aren't being idiots - there's a lot of 'GET OUT OF THE FUCKING RAID NOW!' style mechanics in fights now, that really rely on raiders being on the ball.
The end wing bosses (Cho'gall, Al'akir and Nefarion) are largely disappointing, of the 3 only Nefarion is hard. Cho'gall is so simple, we downed him in 3 tries - one test of our strategy, one stupid wipe and then the kill. Al'akir is pretty easy as well, if you can get past the first phase without people badding up the tornadoes, you can down him.
Blackwing Descent is probably the hardest raid right now, Atramedes and Chimareon are the tougher fights in terms of healing output, but that'll improve with gear.

Overall it's not that bad for a first tier of raiding, but I really don't see anyone pugging these raids, even when they start putting better gear on the justice points vendor. A lot of the fights really aren't PUG friendly, especially for the WOTLK crowd. They're already struggling in heroics with the new need for playing better and not just trying to faceroll AoE like it's WOTLK - I can really see LFD practically being deserted soon enough, especially in terms of healers and tanks.
“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that the English language is as pure as a crib-house whore. It not only borrows words from other languages; it has on occasion chased other languages down dark alley-ways, clubbed them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary. “
- James Nicoll
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

LadyTevar wrote:Nitram got me into WoW. I now have a Troll Druid and Worgen Rogue.

And Nitram just grinned and said I was going to get a Xmas present in and out of game.
leave the Alliance behind....

come to the Horde...we have punch and pie.

the punch may leave you slightly bruised though...
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

LadyTevar wrote:And Nitram just grinned and said I was going to get a Xmas present in and out of game.
We ALL get a bunch o' gifts on Christmas Winter Veil! (Look under the tree) :angelic:

Oh, and if you haven't seen it yet:

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

DarkSilver wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:Nitram got me into WoW. I now have a Troll Druid and Worgen Rogue.

And Nitram just grinned and said I was going to get a Xmas present in and out of game.

Hey mon, I punch back ya know... (I did say TROLL DRUID).
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

LadyTevar wrote:
DarkSilver wrote:

Hey mon, I punch back ya know... (I did say TROLL DRUID).
I know, but I'm trying to tempt you to not play the Alliance side at all though!
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Alliance superior, Horde inferior![/Soundwave voice] :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Steve wrote:Alliance superior, Horde inferior![/Soundwave voice] :P
-shoots Steve in the chest with a fusion cannon-
Such heroic nonsense...[/Megatron voice]
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Having fun with a bloodthirsty lunatic daddy's boy as your faction leader yet? :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Speaking of which, how is Varian these days hmm? ;)

White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Mellowing somewhat, if you watch the Alliance side Deathbringer Saurfang event. How's Garrosh holding up? Vol'jin doesn't seem to think very well... :P

Also, Sylvannas? Bitch needs to grow a mustache for the express purpose of twirling it. Worgen starting area...ghaah!
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

They should just go the whole hog and crown her the Lich Queen or somthing :p
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Also, however: Poor Forsaken footsoldiers. Those crazy Gilneans are hurling werewolves at you with catapults.

OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

It's only a little violent mutilation, they'll be fine!
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

PuG HC's are DOING MY FUCKING HEAD IN as a healer. Jesus, you've got 90k HP now DPS, if you get hit because of your own stupidity (fire mages running into melee packs that do frontal cone damage so you can Dragon's Breath, I'm looking at you) DON'T start screaming 'heal plz!'

I have never, ever initiated the vote to kick feature with parties, until Cataclysm. Enjoy those 30min queues!

Haven't done any rated BG's with guild yet, the one underlining feature with Cataclysm is that it is less accessible for casuals; and in my situation that means people that have lives and work long hours, I can't devote 3 hours for 1 HC (due to wipes at low gear level and people not knowing the fights).

Overall I like Cataclysm, "Goblins rock he shizzle dizzle" QFT, and the new quests for leveling low level alts are actually quite funny.

Uldum is my favourite zone so far (yes even with the million and one cutscenes) just due to the Indian Jones homage.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Pickup heroics are dead, long live guild runs, which are at least 3.4 times more enjoyable anyway if you're in a guild worth belonging to. Heroic boss difficulty is all over the place, though. Some are trivially easy, some are just brutally grueling.

Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Crown wrote:PuG HC's are DOING MY FUCKING HEAD IN as a healer. Jesus, you've got 90k HP now DPS, if you get hit because of your own stupidity (fire mages running into melee packs that do frontal cone damage so you can Dragon's Breath, I'm looking at you) DON'T start screaming 'heal plz!'

I have never, ever initiated the vote to kick feature with parties, until Cataclysm. Enjoy those 30min queues!

Haven't done any rated BG's with guild yet, the one underlining feature with Cataclysm is that it is less accessible for casuals; and in my situation that means people that have lives and work long hours, I can't devote 3 hours for 1 HC (due to wipes at low gear level and people not knowing the fights).

Overall I like Cataclysm, "Goblins rock he shizzle dizzle" QFT, and the new quests for leveling low level alts are actually quite funny.

Uldum is my favourite zone so far (yes even with the million and one cutscenes) just due to the Indian Jones homage.
HCs? Do you mean Heroics? What does the C stand for?
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Terralthra wrote:HCs? Do you mean Heroics? What does the C stand for?
HCs is the accepted short form for Heroics in WoW /2 channel. Sorry if using it in a thread about WoW was a little disorientating.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Maybe on your podunk nowhere server, Crown, maybe there. Never heard it on Mannoroth. :)

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

White Haven wrote:Maybe on your podunk nowhere server, Crown, maybe there. Never heard it on Mannoroth. :)
How dare you refer to Broken Burning Blade as 'podunk'! :lol:
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

By the power of Mannoroth's enormous collective ego!