STGOD Diplomacy thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Sea Skimmer][quote="Beowulf wrote:
Hmm... The PRC would be quite interested in outfitting one flight of bulk freighters with this new propulsion system, for evalutation purposes. If we consider the evaluation, we most likely outfit at least the remainder of the class with these sails.
How many ships are in a single flight?[/quote]

Usually around 20 ships. Occassionally there will be less, occasionally more. In this case, it's 20. Construction will take another 12 months before fitting out, so there is plenty of time to incorporate these sails into the design.
Last edited by Beowulf on 2003-11-05 12:52am, edited 1 time in total.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

The 'Ambassador' from the Kzin, Chmrran-Tsitok, stood at this point and rowled-spit clearly. Another Kzin translated it into SKS standard for him.

"The Patriarchy recognizes the existence of only two nations apart from itself, they being the Star Kingdom of Serenity and United Terran Republic, as per the treaty of Bokken. This may change if the other nations prove themselves to be anything more than prey animals."

He nodded towards the SKS rep in a fair approximation of a deferential nod. He was an unusually diplomatic Kzin.

"Inasmuch as we recognize the rest of you in only the most vague of terms, we offer only a few words: First, piracy against the Patriarchy will be severely punished and any feral humans captured will be hunted and eaten--this is the standard practice for the most egregious criminals."
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

"The Patriarchy recognizes the existence of only two nations apart from itself, they being the Star Kingdom of Serenity and United Terran Republic, as per the treaty of Bokken. This may change if the other nations prove themselves to be anything more than prey animals."
Taken a bit aback at the reference to prey animals, the ambassador from the Union looked toward the Kzin.

"And what, friend would show you that we are not mere prey animals?"
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote:The Star Kingdom would prefer to have 1000 light freighters equipped at HAB, 750 equipped at the Tranquility Yards and the remaining two hundred fifty sent to the University of Engima and the Nemesis Testing Grounds for various testing and research purposes.

While your ships have safely traverssed the Nemesis Wormhole before, the effects are not very well known and we would like to conduct more extensive tests.
Very well
Stormbringer wrote: If you could provide the necessary information on the stresses invovled we will make the decision. The habitats are of a rather sensitive nature and we need to be careful about that information.
No sailing vessel of that size has been completed even from the ground up; we can supply the information but will make no promises on the resulting performance of the installation. In any case, HAB personal will be required for the job.
Beowulf wrote:
Usually around 20 ships. Occassionally there will be less, occasionally more. In this case, it's 20. Construction will take another 12 months before fitting out, so there is plenty of time to incorporate these sails into the design.
That is good, being able to mount the masts to the central frame results in superior strength over a bolt on modification.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Stormbringer wrote: If you could provide the necessary information on the stresses invovled we will make the decision. The habitats are of a rather sensitive nature and we need to be careful about that information.
No sailing vessel of that size has been completed even from the ground up; we can supply the information but will make no promises on the resulting performance of the installation. In any case, HAB personal will be required for the job.
Hmmm, well we will have to consider this. Secrecy and discretion in this matter will be most important.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:The 'Ambassador' from the Kzin, Chmrran-Tsitok, stood at this point and rowled-spit clearly. Another Kzin translated it into SKS standard for him.

A Giant Space Beaver shoved his way to the front of the HAB representatives. "Muhannad of the Kamikaze clan, we challenge you to a fight to the death, an equal mass of us and you Kzin with five kilos of weapons each. Or we could just decide things right now!" The Beaver poised to leap over the table as she yanked out a grossly oversized handgun with a bayonet and an oversized Ka-Bar knife.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

Ambassador Dellstar of the United Terran Republic, considered the ongoing chaos as the representatives of the galaxys so called new powers discussed the comments by the Black Alliance and then those by the Kzin Ambassador.

It was time to make the announcemnt that his government had sent him here to deliver. The UTR rarely attneded such conferences since the Fall, preferring to keep to itself, defending it's borders vigouresly and punishing attacks swiftly and vicously. The UTR had no formal diplomatic relations with any star nations other then the Star Kingdom and Kzin Patriarchy.

Things were about to change. "Delegates of the Galaxy. I am Ambassador Chris Dellstar of the United Terran Republic. I am here to announce a change in the policy of the United Terran Republic. We will be willling to accept Ambassadors from other polities who are presented with proper acredidation, we will also be willing to consider opening trade ties with such nations who are recognized."

"Thank you Ambassadors for your time." He sat down and waited to see the response.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Stormbringer wrote:
Dahak wrote:The Stuart Corporation announces its market push of supreme quality biotech and cloning technology.

As generally new in the interstellar community, we'd love to open diplomatic negotiations, including trade treaties and possibly alliances, with any reasonable space power.
The Divine Empire would naturally wish to create ties of friendships and mutual defense between our nations. How ever such a friendship would of course require you to abstain from contact with alien-demons and any human-heretic regimes.
The Stuart Corporation has a long-standing tradition not to deal with any kind or religious zealots. We will not tolerate any discrimination against in our territory or against stated friends of our people.
We are still willing to allow trade with your world, but treaties shall only be signed with reasonable partners.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Sea Skimmer wrote:The HAB Trade Commission wishes to announce that Hyperwarp sails are now available for export. After a minor input of power to deploy them, these sails provide an unlimited cruising range by trapping the currents of the Hyperwarp. Both fixed and retractable instillations may be purchased and the sails can be readily mounted on an existing space frame. The system is ideal for long range bulk cargo carriers and long range cruising warships. Prices negotiable.
We kindly reject the offer, as we are not interested in the buying of inferior drive systems.
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

The Stuart Corporation wishes it to be known that any Pirate attacking any of our merchant fleet will be hunted down and detroyed.
(But arrangements for Pirates and Privateers can be found for a reasonable...fee)
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Kyle wrote:Ambassador Dellstar of the United Terran Republic, considered the ongoing chaos as the representatives of the galaxys so called new powers discussed the comments by the Black Alliance and then those by the Kzin Ambassador.

It was time to make the announcemnt that his government had sent him here to deliver. The UTR rarely attneded such conferences since the Fall, preferring to keep to itself, defending it's borders vigouresly and punishing attacks swiftly and vicously. The UTR had no formal diplomatic relations with any star nations other then the Star Kingdom and Kzin Patriarchy.

Things were about to change. "Delegates of the Galaxy. I am Ambassador Chris Dellstar of the United Terran Republic. I am here to announce a change in the policy of the United Terran Republic. We will be willling to accept Ambassadors from other polities who are presented with proper acredidation, we will also be willing to consider opening trade ties with such nations who are recognized."

"Thank you Ambassadors for your time." He sat down and waited to see the response.
The Deputy Director for Foreign Affairs will be sent to the UTS for diplomatic negotiations.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

The Krytos Star Empire is open to trade and alliances with all, save for the black alliance pirate scum.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
God Emperor
Jedi Knight

Post by God Emperor »

The Sloth Imperium(TSI) formerly arrives, and is willing to accept the non-aggression and trade alliance with The Aquarian Union.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Kyle wrote:Ambassador Dellstar of the United Terran Republic, considered the ongoing chaos as the representatives of the galaxys so called new powers discussed the comments by the Black Alliance and then those by the Kzin Ambassador.

The Aquarian Union would be delighted to send several delegates into your territory, and would wish to inquire as to the existence of the species known as "Dolphin" on any of your worlds. We wish to uplift them to sentience, and would pay for their transport.
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

God Emperor wrote:The Sloth Imperium(TSI) formerly arrives, and is willing to accept the non-aggression and trade alliance with The Aquarian Union.
Then the deal is done. May peace and free trade allow our nations to flourish.

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

::::::: KSE diplomat pulls out a megaphone:::::::

HELLO????????????

As i said, we are now open to trade and alliances with all powers except the black alliance
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Sea Skimmer wrote:A Giant Space Beaver shoved his way to the front of the HAB representatives. "Muhannad of the Kamikaze clan, we challenge you to a fight to the death, an equal mass of us and you Kzin with five kilos of weapons each. Or we could just decide things right now!" The Beaver poised to leap over the table as she yanked out a grossly oversized handgun with a bayonet and an oversized Ka-Bar knife.
Chmrran-Tsitok 'smiled,' revealing rows of needle teeth, "I wonder what fool allowed so many beasts to bring their weapons to this meeting."

He rowled at two of his bodyguards, and turned back to the HABeaver, "The combined weight of these two is 397 kilos. As is the right of the challenged, they choose traditional unpowered melee weapons. Designate a field and they will be ready at any time."
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Darksider wrote:::::::: KSE diplomat pulls out a megaphone:::::::

HELLO????????????

As i said, we are now open to trade and alliances with all powers except the black alliance
We'd like to inquire what you have got to offer.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Dahak wrote:

HELLO????????????

We are interested in forging military alliances with other governments that also believe in freedom and democracy

And free trade and capitalisim
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Darksider wrote:
Dahak wrote:

HELLO????????????

We are interested in forging military alliances with other governments that also believe in freedom and democracy

Ah, we are *very* interested in free trade and increasing our profits.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

The Union and the Stuart Corporation have entered into an alliance of trade and technology exchange.

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Darksider wrote:
Dahak wrote:

HELLO????????????

The Aquarian Union fits that profile, what does the KSE propose?

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Dahak wrote:The Stuart Corporation has a long-standing tradition not to deal with any kind or religious zealots. We will not tolerate any discrimination against in our territory or against stated friends of our people.
We are still willing to allow trade with your world, but treaties shall only be signed with reasonable partners.
Then it appears we have nothing further to discuss.
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

Dahak wrote: The Deputy Director for Foreign Affairs will be sent to the UTR for diplomatic negotiations.
The Ambassador considered this and nodded agreement., "I would be willing to begin basic discussion at this time if you are agreeable?"

The Deputy Director was some what surprised by this quick answer, "Right now, of course. I'm just a little surprised that your able to at this early point."

"True it is a departure from our usual methods of slow and delberate diplomatic dealing to assure stability. But at this time we feel that clear and simple dialogue is the best. In that case I see no reason to waste time"

The Deputy Director could only nod in agreement, "As a businessman I understyand ther importance of time so I'm ready to begin if you are."

"Very well. The UTR would like to establish a relationship based on mutual respect of territory and property, as well as free and equal trade between our nations. The UTR is not interesterd in the signing of any mutual defense treaty or in any trade of any military or related technology or equipment."

Director thought about what he'd heard."OK. No military trade." In his head he added the qualifier 'at this time,' So what types of imports would the UTR be interesterd in at this time."

Ambassador Dellstar considered this one for a second, "The UTRs most pressing needs in the area of import items are basic commercial and retail goods, mainly home appliances and such, as well as terra forming equipment for the recovery of worlds in the Outer Districts. We are also interested in the import of foods for the Home District as well as various exotic and luxury goods plus those retail items above."

The Director responded to this with "Interesting, you do know that I can make no promises at this time, and am here on a motly fact finding mission."

The Ambassador smiled and answered the question. "Of course, I was sent to make contact with the younger races and nations of the galaxy and determine the condition of there governments and economy. Much like what you are here to do with the UTR. Luckily our missions seem to match up very well."

"True enough, in that case then. What are the UTRs main available exports."

Ambassador Dellstar was glad to see that the Director understood the limitations of this meeting. neither one would make any binding decisions and they would share what information that they could. "The UTR's main available exports are high quality luxury goods in limited numbers as well as industrial equipment and goods, we also sell commercial passenger and freight vessels."

He watched the director think some of this over. "Now director. I've told you why you will want to open trade realtions with us. Why should we want to trade with you."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Kyle wrote:
Dahak wrote: The Deputy Director for Foreign Affairs will be sent to the UTR for diplomatic negotiations.
He watched the director think some of this over. "Now director. I've told you why you will want to open trade realtions with us. Why should we want to trade with you."
"Dear Ambassador," The DD considered the options for a second, "I think you'll find that our equipment for life support and ecospheres is top rate. We don't have experience in this terraforming you speak of, since our homes don't need such a thing. Surely you'll find our biotech and ecotech of superior quality."
GALE Force Euro Wimp