STGOD2 OOC Thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Stormbringer wrote:Does every one have at least a basic idea what there race/nation will be?
The parts of the SKS that haven't splintered off, of course. :twisted:
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The HAB, or rather a modification of it has arrived on the field.

And a quick question, what year was it when the STGOD mk1 ended?
Last edited by Sea Skimmer on 2003-11-02 10:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
God Emperor
Jedi Knight

Post by God Emperor »

The Sloth Imperium will rise, very slowly that is.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

phongn wrote:
SirNitram wrote:Correction: The Lost built and maintained the Intergalactic Exchange. But it was still just there to for 'flavor', and for mocking Deimos.
Bah, you're all Communists anyways, what do you need with an exchange rate?
Because you all are capitalist, and will pay cash-money for the resources we control.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Kyle wrote:That's enough for now, I'll add more when I know more about the other powers in the galaxy.
You going to be hanging on to those three pesky Centerpoint IIs, or did they get destroyed by Halite's planetoid forces?
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

Crayz9000 wrote:
Kyle wrote:That's enough for now, I'll add more when I know more about the other powers in the galaxy.
You going to be hanging on to those three pesky Centerpoint IIs, or did they get destroyed by Halite's planetoid forces?
Destroyed, I don't want to encourage power gaming, and those things would just encourage people to come up with a counter. And we all know how that goes.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Kyle wrote:Destroyed, I don't want to encourage power gaming, and those things would just encourage people to come up with a counter. And we all know how that goes.
I understand. Don't think many people will be missing them anyway, giving the amount of chaos that tended to follow them around. Although it was kind of fun to throw planets around at will...
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

It's more fun being able to field unholy numbers of planetkilling strategic missiles and watching the galaxy quiver in fear when I actually did launch against the Occupied NR :twisted:
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote:It's more fun being able to field unholy numbers of planetkilling strategic missiles and watching the galaxy quiver in fear when I actually did launch against the Occupied NR :twisted:
Yet life goes on... fool you didn't kill them all!
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

It's not my fault the NRMD managed to shoot a good percentage down!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

phongn wrote:It's more fun being able to field unholy numbers of planetkilling strategic missiles and watching the galaxy quiver in fear when I actually did launch against the Occupied NR :twisted:
I still think it's a bit more intimidating to use a planet as a Newtonian cruise missile. I mean, it's not every day that you see a 12,000 kilometer spheroid hurtling toward you at a significant fraction of lightspeed.

Granted, as projectiles, planets are rather large targets for CIWS.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I'd probably hit the thing with a few strategic missiles well short of the target, but it is rather disconcerting to see it.

So when is this project starting? Who's modding?
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

I think Stormbringer's modding.

At any rate, I think I actually used a friggin' star once as a projectile. It basically bounced off Halite's Yarmuk shield as I recall.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Ah, Yarmuk. Where Setzer tried emulating China, but in space and got his ass handed to him. Of course, part of that was my fault when I dropped something like 10% of my strategic arsenal on the general vicinity.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote:Ah, Yarmuk. Where Setzer tried emulating China, but in space and got his ass handed to him. Of course, part of that was my fault when I dropped something like 10% of my strategic arsenal on the general vicinity.
He losses had already passed the billion mark by that point though. The ships where basically useless.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Sea Skimmer wrote:He losses had already passed the billion mark by that point though. The ships where basically useless.
In hindsight, I should have let him kept his original fleet just to see how it would do against the RAN. Then I would have blown it up.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

And bah. Unfortunately for the SKS there's no way I can do the Eisenhower Doctrine once again to pump cash into my ailing economy, nor am I the Hegemon anymore :(

OTOH, my principle destroyer design is descended from the ISD, and that will work just nicely :D
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Stormbringer wrote:Does every one have at least a basic idea what there race/nation will be?
I have been working on the specifics since yesterday :)
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

OTOH, my principle destroyer design is descended from the ISD, and that will work just nicely
Mine is based off of a squid...
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

phongn wrote:I'd probably hit the thing with a few strategic missiles well short of the target, but it is rather disconcerting to see it.

So when is this project starting? Who's modding?
Hopefully the next day or two really. Basically once people have the basics of their nation and it's fleet.
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

phongn wrote:And bah. Unfortunately for the SKS there's no way I can do the Eisenhower Doctrine once again to pump cash into my ailing economy, nor am I the Hegemon anymore :(

OTOH, my principle destroyer design is descended from the ISD, and that will work just nicely :D
What kind of size are you thinking for the remaining SKS? Also where do you plan on locating it? I'd like to know so we could figure out what kind of relationship the UTR and SKS should have.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

I don't want to go as low as 20-30 worlds for a notable power, unless we're talking about 20-30 very galactically important worlds. For the Kzin, I was thinking a territory size of about a third or a quarter of what the SKS looked like back in the day. For RP purposes I'll want to be one of the largest powers, but my state will be classic Kzin and thus not too tough.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The SKS probably kept the core area around Enigma and Nemesis, but many of the Northern areas splintered off. It's not like the SKS particularly cares, we can't afford to patrol them and as long as we keep our cash cow everything's good.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

All three of my races are aquatic to amphibious, so, if a world has an ocean, it is up for grabs. by us(cosmoplitain, but I plan on being a little on the expansionist side.)

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

My nation:

The Divine Empire of Azegart

After the genocidal Floater War was finally over the Asgard Empire emerged victorious but shattered. Only a handful of outposts remained intact and a scattered remenant of it's war harded people remained. The most important of those worlds was Valeth III, there remained the survivors of the former Imperial house and the remaing vessels of the Imperial Navy.

In the dark centuries that followed the collapse of the Empire House Gustav maintained it's rule with an iron fist and the people fumed at the destruction wrought by the hated alien-devils, the Floaters, the Lizards, and others. Ancient treachery brought about bitter hatred which harded into dogmatic zeal.

Valeth was never the less a harsh world and the people genetically adapted themselves to the high gravity and extremely harsh climates. Little did they know, their modifications would create an even more extreme.... result. That result was the beginnings of a powerful and long lived race of psychics, none more powerful than Alexander Gustav XI. So powerful was he that eventually he was literally worshipped as a god. As the centuries went on though he withdrew to leave rule to his descendants and their chosen lackies.

The Empire conquered and began exploiting the nearby planets. They enslaved the aliens they encountered and ground them into dust beneath them. Their grip tightened and expanded. Now they control thirty one major systems and have a number of other outpost worlds.

Their military tech is roughly similar to Star Wars, with a little bit of a difference. The doctrine calls for extremely long ranged and heavy missle fire backed up by a heavy energy armament for capital ships. Lighter warships emphasize a longer ranged (for mount size) energy battery and limited missle loading.