World's worst RPG

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:The people who made that game should get the shit beaten out of them and then be raped to death by big sweaty sex offenders.
Problem is, given their displayed personalities, they're likely to know them personally.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Exterminatus is in order.

The review was bad enough. The rebuttal was fucking retarded. The rulebook itself was fucked up beyond all recognition. These guys need a fucking Darwin Award.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Damn, and I used to be able to go out and say, no I have played the worst games ever, or at least attempted it..

Nope, they finally have ones that this die hard won't go near with a mile long pole...

Or may I suggest that they get attacked by the denizens of one of the other worst games ever?This looks like a job for the Lesbian Biker Nuns of the Post-Apacalypse.
Last edited by The Yosemite Bear on 2003-07-18 06:03am, edited 1 time in total.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Damn, and I used to be able to go out and say, no I have played the worst games ever, or at least attempted it..

Nope, they finally have ones that this die hard won't go near with a mile long pole...
I know what you mean. For the first time in my life, I feel compelled to grant all the RPG-hating fundies the point. Thanks, FATAL, for showing us that something has to be wrong with a hobby that allows such things to exist.
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
The Yosemite Bear

Compared to that,

Gor RPG, Hawkworld RPG, Aftermath, and that Bounty Hunter game, were all great...

fuck I wish I could remember the Bounty Hunter Sci-Fi game..... (yeah, everyone plays a bounty hunter, and you had to soup up your ship, and go space pirate hunting...)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Compared to that,

Gor RPG, Hawkworld RPG, Aftermath, and that Bounty Hunter game, were all great...

fuck I wish I could remember the Bounty Hunter Sci-Fi game..... (yeah, everyone plays a bounty hunter, and you had to soup up your ship, and go space pirate hunting...)
Strontium Dog?
Björn Paulsen

--Chinua Achebe
The Yosemite Bear

Possible, I didn't include Escape from Castle Falkenhorst, The Time traveling Bar, and IT came from the late, late, late, late, late, late, late, late, late, late show. (Game for RPing B & Hentai movies) because those were all actually GOOD.

Especally the last one. <Kills tentecle monster with Shotgun>

David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Moved to G&C.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

DIFFICULT? Oh, yeah. Anyone with the force of will to endure reading all 900+ pages of this homesick abortion of a game (without going insane and making sacrifices to sweet Azathoth for a merciful annihilation of the universe) is no one to be fucked with.
I am now going to download and read this monster turkey. Wish me luck - at least being a Horseman should give some protection.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

NecronLord wrote:I am now going to download and read this monster turkey. Wish me luck - at least being a Horseman should give some protection.
Dude...this game scared ME. :shock:
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I thought it was pretty funny.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
The Yosemite Bear

If I could play a game with 128 pages on how to role play in a B-Movie or Hentai universe, as well as create charracters....

Mind you "Late Show" was actually FUN to play, as long as you didn't take it seriously, and you couldn't really.