Final Fantasy XIV

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2022-08-12 10:20am
LadyTevar wrote: 2022-08-11 11:31pm MOONFIRE FESTIVAL!!

And that Challenge is really fun, until you try to get all the way to the top. I am NOT that good a platformer :(
There's an NPC that allows you to bypass the puzzle if you want (I didn't and the reward for it is nice, a 5 piece set too so you can mix and match if you think the default is too revealing (or just want to use part of it for a glam).
Oh, I got that far without cheating LOL! Only used the cheat for when I did it the second time for my ALT. And OMG that bikini set is tinier than the Taffeta Shawl!!!!

But it's where you can continue from that point climbing up the tower to the top that I can't do. I can't get the angle right to leap to that corner without falling off :lol: I'm watching dozens of folk seemingly carelessly leaping up the series of platforms to reach the top, but I just suck at platform jumping.
Which is annoying, because I wanna know what's at the top, because it's gotta be something neat up there, right?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

This is one reason why I absolutely HATE my cable/internet provider.

DownLoad Speed : 0.61MB/s

Maybe if I leave my computer on all day it'll have the Patch uploaded when I get home.
Or maybe my computer will turn off because of lack of input and I'll have to wait longer.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-08-23 11:01am Or maybe my computer will turn off because of lack of input and I'll have to wait longer.
Try getting windows media player to play an MP3 from your hard drive on loop. That should keep your computer from turning off.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

It had uploaded completely before I left for work!

I just haven't had a chance to explore to 90+ stuff yet, cause I was helping a Lvl50+ friend with the MSQ pre-Stormblood.

I'm surprised how much I've forgotten about ARR between Ultima and the Crystal Blades betrayal.

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-08-24 10:59am It had uploaded completely before I left for work!

I just haven't had a chance to explore to 90+ stuff yet, cause I was helping a Lvl50+ friend with the MSQ pre-Stormblood.

I'm surprised how much I've forgotten about ARR between Ultima and the Crystal Blades betrayal.
Just a word of advice leave the Island Sanctuary for last as you liable to forget about everything once you get there. My character is current perma parked on her isle and I pretty leave only for queues and gear repair.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I've needed a distraction, I've made it to level 5 on my island and am currently waiting for three buildings to finish constructing. Every new level unlocked on the Island gives you new tools to give you tools. It's meant to be time gated but hey... what if you just gathered 500 nodes?

10xp per node, or 1000xp to 3000xp per building built which takes 8-24 hours depending on the building. However when building takes 30-100 resources that does mean your going to be clicking on 100 nodes away Until you get granaries then you can fully just slow level. Granaries gather resources for you.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

yes, I now understand why the islands are a TimeSuck.

I have too much to do lvling my ALt to Heavensward to sit around playing Island Farmville. Maybe I'll wait to get my island after I'm laid off and have hours to do "nothing".

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

OM GOMG OMG OMG The new content hit all my Nostalgia for FF2/4!! :luv: :luv:

The 2 of the Four Elemental Masters! Scariglione came 'back from the dead' again, with the Undead Minions like he did before! (Wish throwing Holy Water and Healing Magics still worked on him).

Barbarriocci! Still a Blond Bimbo! Still the long blond hair and tiny tiny bikini! AND THE MUSIC!! :mrgreen:

And? Best of All? I was playing my Dragoon.
I LIMIT BREAKED HER ASS AND GOT HER KNOCKED DOWN TO 1%!!!! THE DRAGOON STOPPED HER SPIN!! (dances, shimmies, celebrates) I DID IT BABY!

Oh, can I mention the MUSIC? So much better than Midi. Mom asked me what I was humming, and I didn't even realize I was humming along as I fought (and died and rezzed repeatedly, bless the healers who were in the party!) I can't wait to see what happens with Rubicant and Golbez!!

I'm also wondering if Golbez was planning on invading The Source, or if he has another target in mind for his army ...
I also wonder if he was the Memoriate we saw in memories, the one that was corrupted and started wars.

This also brings up the two other survivors of the 13th we know about... Unukalhai and Cylva. I wonder how they're going to tie into this, although last we left them they were both on First.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm running an Alt-toon on Oceania: Sophia with another FC member who couldn't start hers on Faerie (US server).

I forgot SO MUCH about the lead-in to Heavensward. I missed so many warning signs about Ilberd and the Crystal Braves. I was as blind as Alphinaud, no wonder it was such a gut-punch at the time. The signs were there, I was just too busy running Crystal Tower and MSQ to really see what was going on. Hell, some of it was so blatant I'm wondering how I missed how money-hungry Yuyuhase was? How did I miss the snide comments Ilberd made towards Raubahn? How well they're setting us all up to fall so they can take over Ul'Dah?

Going thru it again makes the whole thing so clear :(

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Sometimes the writing in the game shocks me.

Completed a Kobold Tribal Quest to blow up a Engine.
Bo Ka starts celebrating, saying they'd never be able to put it back together, the Chief will spend all night being angry, would "treat his bedwarmer roughly", and wake up to a cold bed in the morning.

TREAT HIS BEDWARMER ROUGHLY.

:shock:

Yeah, that's not something you expect in a PG rated game...

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-09-07 10:51am I'm running an Alt-toon on Oceania: Sophia with another FC member who couldn't start hers on Faerie (US server).

I forgot SO MUCH about the lead-in to Heavensward. I missed so many warning signs about Ilberd and the Crystal Braves. I was as blind as Alphinaud, no wonder it was such a gut-punch at the time. The signs were there, I was just too busy running Crystal Tower and MSQ to really see what was going on. Hell, some of it was so blatant I'm wondering how I missed how money-hungry Yuyuhase was? How did I miss the snide comments Ilberd made towards Raubahn? How well they're setting us all up to fall so they can take over Ul'Dah?

Going thru it again makes the whole thing so clear :(
Yuyuhase is easily dismissed as stereotypically Ul'dahn with his merc attitude, and Ilberd's sniping comes off as light-hearted teasing between old comrades until you find out just how hot the fires of resentment burned in his heart.

Though I figured something was going to go wrong when the Ala Mhigans in Pearl Lane right out say "piss off, you're using Syndicate money and you're bought and paid for". Then that mission hunting the arms dealers comes and you're rather unartfully diverted and oh no the dealer fell on Ilberd's sword and the arms haul was a meager thing, oh well, bad intel! At that point I was "uh, okay, this isn't good, and Ilberd might even be in on it".

But Alphinaud, sweet, haughty, naive Alphinaud, just kept marching on...
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-10-07 10:59am Sometimes the writing in the game shocks me.

Bo Ka starts celebrating, saying they'd never be able to put it back together, the Chief will spend all night being angry, would "treat his bedwarmer roughly", and wake up to a cold bed in the morning.

The AST level 30-50 storyline is one of a few content bits that mention the "pleasure-barges" in Limsa Lominsa and the implication that not all the workers aboard are consenting (since the NPC you're learning AST from goes missing and the implication is she's been shanghaied to be put to work on one).

And don't forget your first visit to Little Ala Mhigo and the incident that sets Wilred off: one of the women of the settlement gets snatched and gang-raped by the Corpse Brigade.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Steve wrote: 2022-10-08 11:25am
LadyTevar wrote: 2022-10-07 10:59am Sometimes the writing in the game shocks me.

The AST level 30-50 storyline is one of a few content bits that mention the "pleasure-barges" in Limsa Lominsa and the implication that not all the workers aboard are consenting (since the NPC you're learning AST from goes missing and the implication is she's been shanghaied to be put to work on one).

And don't forget your first visit to Little Ala Mhigo and the incident that sets Wilred off: one of the women of the settlement gets snatched and gang-raped by the Corpse Brigade.
I had forgotten both of those :(

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-10-08 03:53pm
Also, the Ala Mhigan guy who helps you rescue the Scions in your first visit to Mor Dhona strongly implies his sister and mother were taken as comfort women by the Imperial occupation troops, and given they committed suicide rather than face recapture...

Plus there was that shithead merchant in Ul'dah, the one you confront before getting your invite to the Scions, and what he implied was in store for the refugee woman he was convinced stole from his meat merchant because she had a choice cut and he didn't believe she could have paid for it. He's the one who later turns out to be a traitor working for the Amalja.

The writers of FFXIV straddle the line on some of this, not shying away but, at least usually, not getting edgy with it or the like. It's all sad, terrible truths of the world, which even the people you're defending struggle to stop.

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Steve wrote: 2022-10-08 11:28pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2022-10-08 03:53pm
Also, the Ala Mhigan guy who helps you rescue the Scions in your first visit to Mor Dhona strongly implies his sister and mother were taken as comfort women by the Imperial occupation troops, and given they committed suicide rather than face recapture...

Plus there was that shithead merchant in Ul'dah, the one you confront before getting your invite to the Scions, and what he implied was in store for the refugee woman he was convinced stole from his meat merchant because she had a choice cut and he didn't believe she could have paid for it. He's the one who later turns out to be a traitor working for the Amalja.

The writers of FFXIV straddle the line on some of this, not shying away but, at least usually, not getting edgy with it or the like. It's all sad, terrible truths of the world, which even the people you're defending struggle to stop.
Yeah something FFXIV is very good at is showing there's no 100% good factions and no 100% evil factions. Even the Ascian who at first seem just "evil for the sake of evil" have motives that while you might not agree with are more complex then "do evil"
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2022-10-09 12:57pm Yeah something FFXIV is very good at is showing there's no 100% good factions and no 100% evil factions. Even the Ascian who at first seem just "evil for the sake of evil" have motives that while you might not agree with are more complex then "do evil"
Which is one reason why you can go back and redo from the start. There's so much storyline I missed the first time. The ARR Beast Tribe quests. The way they telegraphed Ilberd's betrayal, which the second time around I could see the mismatch between what he was saying and the look on his face. Lahabrea's rant about it all being Hydaelyn's fault for what he had to do.
And, while you have to do a whole lot of work to get the next 'chapter', the ARR Beast Quests have good stories as well. I skipped them my first run-thru

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Well, with the release of New MSQ Content, we also got a New God Trial. Besides being a fuckin' PITA to beat (Damn You Halone!), it brings some interesting questions to light, and a theory of WHO the Gods Are.
It also once again brings up questions about Deryk, your traveling friend, who lead you here.

Spoilers for those who may not be up that far. Discuss?
Spoiler
The Gods are actually Venat's followers, who she charged with controlling the Chaos she was going to cause by spilling the Star. Just like the Ancient you find on the Moon, they have stayed behind to protect Hydaelyn's creation.

There's some fan-theories that Deryk is Oschlon the Wanderer.
MY Theory: The Opo-opo FOLLOWING him is Oschlon the Wanderer, in his hidden creature form!

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Yeah Halone is really though fight, it relies on you having a good memory in a lot of places.

as for the spoilers. Spoiler
I've heard both theories of the Wanderer's identity. As for the first part it'll be interesting to see what implications this gives in the future
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2023-01-15 08:39am Yeah Halone is really though fight, it relies on you having a good memory in a lot of places.

as for the spoilers.
Since the only Job I had that had a high enough Item Level was TANK... gods that was nasty. I couldn't see all the ICK coming at me, especially when fighting the brother and sister. Then Halone's "I'm gonna hit Left side, RIght Side, Inna Circle, Outer Circle!" had me confused which way to run. She also got me with the "Massive spear barrage covering 3 sections!"
It cost me over 3000g to repair because I died so much!

I've hear some idjits are getting upset because "We've already met the Four Fiends! I thought this was gonna be longer!" I don't know why they're bitching. It's the interim between Endwalker and the new Release. It's not a full update, just like meeting the "Warriors of Darkness" and fighting PossessedEstinien wasn't a full update before Stormblood's release.

I'm just wondering if there's been hints about what the next Release will be. I know it's been thought we're going to hit Mercydia, which would really be fun because we DID free Tiamat (ok, Estinien yelled at her to stop being stupid and she let us free her). I'm really looking forward to where the trip will take us.
And yes, there will be idiots bitching because you really can't top going to the Edge of the Universe and saving the STAR. *snorts* Yeah... but so far we've gone to TWO of the Reflection Worlds. We could be sent to try to reverse what the Ascians have done on the other worlds.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Speaking of FFXIV
Spoiler
When the big reveal was they were planning to invade the Source I was so disappointed because right before you have Fiend 4 saying yes Golbez is going to take us to a land of light and I got excited because I'm thinking ah Golbez master plan is to invade the 1st. Great way to bring back the Shadowbringers cast we can have fun in the first and lots of good stuff away from the traditional Scions..... and then nope it's the Source again. I mean it makes sense cosmological but less interesting story sense.

Imagine we spend 6.4 dealing with the first shard conflict only for 7.0 to be a Shard war or something crazy like that since there are 5 worlds we have no idea about with plenty of Ascian shenanigans that have been left idle.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Speaking of FFXIV and Golbez --
Spoiler
Yes, I also thought that the "Land of Light" would take us back to 1st, which would have been really cool, but TBH The Source is where most of the Voidsent have been found.
The Cloud Of Darkness and Allag.
The Reapers and their 'helpers'.
All the fuckers who summon Voidsent for shits&giggles (or did you not catch the mention of the Reaper who vanished in search of the "most beautiful one' he'd ever seen? You know, the guy who made the Voidsent minions? Who was so creepy one of Zero's island refugees said he never wanted summoned ever again?)

There's also the fact that simply by being The Source, the aetheric ties to the 13th are going to be the strongest. The ties to other Shards are probably weaker, and need more aether to open.
This is just my theory, but if you did the Job Quest on 1st to hunt down the BlackMage, he was opening Gates because he was searching for his lost friend. I assumed the gates were VoidGates, but they seemed much harder to open, which was why the BlackMage and his friend were training to open them together before it sucked his friend in.
If you completed all the 1st World Job Quests, did the quest opened from the barmaid, and go back to Rising Stones Solar to talk to the kid in white (with the U-name, who admitted he was from another world), another storyline opens up where he goes to 1st with you and joins the kid you rescued and you have to open/close MORE VoidGates. Again, it takes a LOT of effort for those two to work with the Gates, which to me again implies a weak connection between 1st and 13th.
I could be wrong.

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Spoiler
Makes certain sense that there's some connection with the other shards they're all echos of the same Source (pun very much intended) though it's clear the Source has the strongest connection to any shard as it's very much implied in the Endwalker MSQ that if the Source is destroyed none of the shards will survive but we know for a fact that shards can be destroyed without permanent destroying the Source or other shards (the Calaminites(sic))
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2023-01-17 11:27am Spoiler
Makes certain sense that there's some connection with the other shards they're all echos of the same Source (pun very much intended) though it's clear the Source has the strongest connection to any shard as it's very much implied in the Endwalker MSQ that if the Source is destroyed none of the shards will survive but we know for a fact that shards can be destroyed without permanent destroying the Source or other shards (the Calaminites(sic))
I think I can un-spoiler this bit..
Are the shards Destroyed in the Calamities? I mean, the Ascians talk of 'rejoining', but do we see that some of the shards are truly gone-gone? 1st and 13th did not go full Calamity; the 1st because Minfillia and the rest prevented The Light from completely swallowing the world. The 13th was completely swallowed, but the Ascians themselves prevented Rejoining because it was too tainted.

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-01-17 05:49pm
Lord Revan wrote: 2023-01-17 11:27am Spoiler
Are the shards Destroyed in the Calamities? I mean, the Ascians talk of 'rejoining', but do we see that some of the shards are truly gone-gone? 1st and 13th did not go full Calamity; the 1st because Minfillia and the rest prevented The Light from completely swallowing the world. The 13th was completely swallowed, but the Ascians themselves prevented Rejoining because it was too tainted.
They're effectively destroyed in that they no longer exist and there was never indication that effected the other shards.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2023-01-17 06:30pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-01-17 05:49pm
They're effectively destroyed in that they no longer exist and there was never indication that effected the other shards.
I was wondering, because every image we've seen seemed to have all the shards still there.
But I am probably mistaken.