Star Wars: Armada tabletop game

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Star Wars: Armada tabletop game

Post by wautd »

I've recently plunged in this game system, quickly became obsessed with it and gathered a decent collection for both factions. At this point I'm still a beginner and trying to introduce the game to friends, the the rule book is rather lacking regarding starting scenario's.
Anyone got some good fleet lists available for beginning players? (or knows a good website on where to find them?)
Gerald Tarrant
Jedi Knight

Re: Star Wars: Armada tabletop game

Post by Gerald Tarrant »

Board game geek has always been a pretty good starting point for me, in terms of strategies or army lists. I was into the X-wing table top game for a while, and I ended up finding some pretty good swarm lists and some pretty good elite lists there.

Outside link: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/148433 ... 400-points
The rain it falls on all alike
Upon the just and unjust fella'
But more upon the just one for
The Unjust hath the Just's Umbrella
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

I used this one (and a few more experienced friends) to build my fleet.

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions

I'm looking forward to the Executor in April or so, even if it's going to be more of a decorative model on the shelf than being played.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Raesene wrote: 2019-02-19 01:31pm I used this one (and a few more experienced friends) to build my fleet.

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions

I'm looking forward to the Executor in April or so, even if it's going to be more of a decorative model on the shelf than being played.
As decorative models go, I'm really tempted to get the Tantive IV and Gozanti from X-wing miniatures myself
GrosseAdmiralFox
Padawan Learner

Post by GrosseAdmiralFox »

Well, a certain mod team had used this game for some interesting scenes... one of them being a Kol class Battleship with Rebel support against a Star Destroyer...

Here they are!
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

GrosseAdmiralFox wrote: 2019-02-21 03:27am Well, a certain mod team had used this game for some interesting scenes... one of them being a Kol class Battleship with Rebel support against a Star Destroyer...

Here they are!
Pics are not working bro

PS. For those who are interested, the Interdictor and Victory class star destroyer are dirt cheap on amazon.com at the moment. For 'Muricans anyway, shipping costs are still quite steep for me to order them on Amazon.com
GrosseAdmiralFox
Padawan Learner

Post by GrosseAdmiralFox »

wautd wrote: 2019-02-21 07:41am Pics are not working bro
That's particular, they're working fine for me. :\
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I have a lot of friends that play this game. It's wonderful, slow paced fun.

I can't bring myself to buy it however, because it runs into a lot of the things which bother me about games based on this sort of IP. The main being that the "realities" of the setting are sacrificed for game reasons. I get why this has to happen, but it still annoys the hell out of me.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

GrosseAdmiralFox wrote: 2019-02-21 08:41am
wautd wrote: 2019-02-21 07:41am Pics are not working bro
That's particular, they're working fine for me. :\
It was probably the company fire wall. I can see them fine at home. Neat
KraytKing
Jedi Knight

Post by KraytKing »

Gandalf wrote: 2019-02-21 09:25am I can't bring myself to buy it however, because it runs into a lot of the things which bother me about games based on this sort of IP. The main being that the "realities" of the setting are sacrificed for game reasons. I get why this has to happen, but it still annoys the hell out of me.
In what way? I'm also bothered by that sort of thing, and I was considering buying the game.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
--Mace

The Old Testament has as much validity for the foundation of a religion as the pattern my recent case of insect bites formed on my ass.
--Solauren

I always get nervous when I hear the word Christian.
--Mountain

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.