World of Warships

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Venator
Jedi Knight

Re: World of Warships

Post by Venator »

Lonestar wrote:I'm sure that this is elsewhere in the thread, but does anyone want to form a division/clan?
I'd be up for it on NA. It seems to be the only way to get a competent team on the Halloween mode, which is a pity with all the work WG put into it.

Went back to Ranked in frustration, finally up to 9.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:I'm sure that this is elsewhere in the thread, but does anyone want to form a division/clan?
I'm already in the first-ranked clan on the EU server, but once I get an alt-account running on the NA server sure.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

I'm always down. Agent_Fisher
Himser
Redshirt

Post by Himser »

i just started WoWships recently... never done the clan/division thing, but im himser there as well
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Alright I'm BaronBucher
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Geez, I had a decent night last night after getting home from work. With the Halloween events, not the mission, but the challenges, I guess, I pulled 10k XP on my benson, and got a super container for 5 mil credits.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Agent Fisher wrote:Geez, I had a decent night last night after getting home from work. With the Halloween events, not the mission, but the challenges, I guess, I pulled 10k XP on my benson, and got a super container for 5 mil credits.
O.o that's a nice shot in the arm.

Haven't been playing as much (wifey picked up a retro Mario Party, and work had been hell).

Only super crate I've gotten has been 250x Damage Control Party II... $5.62M long-term savings, not complaining.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Ok so, with the right signal flags, premium and the halloween Nightmare on Helm Street thing with all the different bonuses... how about this for a Benson game? Oh and one of the Torpedoes was a detonation of a cruiser.

Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

I finally have it. The one ship I've wanted to play more than any other. The thing I was most excited for when this game was announced. The Fletcher Class Destroyer!
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Agent Fisher wrote:Ok so, with the right signal flags, premium and the halloween Nightmare on Helm Street thing with all the different bonuses... how about this for a Benson game? Oh and one of the Torpedoes was a detonation of a cruiser.

Nicely done! The damage and number of hits/torps are actually low, but preying on (and occasionally RNGesus-balancing) targets to take them out of the game is a good path to loads of XP. And everyone seems to forget that a ship with 15% health usually still has at least 85% the DPM of a full-health one.
Agent Fisher wrote:I finally have it. The one ship I've wanted to play more than any other. The thing I was most excited for when this game was announced. The Fletcher Class Destroyer!
I'm still suffering the Mahan. Congratulations!

So... free Atago month?! :shock: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/comm ... mearsnova/
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Venator wrote:I'm still suffering the Mahan. Congratulations!
The Mahan is fucking awesome, I did a game in it that is still #12 of most XP ever per game on all servers combined.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote:
Venator wrote:I'm still suffering the Mahan. Congratulations!
The Mahan is fucking awesome, I did a game in it that is still #12 of most XP ever per game on all servers combined.
The detection range and handling are throwing me off after the Farragut. The torps with the "gotcha" backup launcher on the opposite side are nice, though.

Part of my problem is having to re-adjust my playstyle after so much grinding in the Tirpitz and German BBs recently, admittedly.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

I think I got her figured out, now :D...

My three kills were the Scharnhorst, the Gneisnau, and the Fiji. I think the citadel was on the Omaha.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

So, you can earn Steven Seagal as a special captain and he gets a pretty good captain stat level to start off with. And the nerds all declared 'This shall be the man to captain our Iowas!'

Well, apparently they're going to have the Mighty Mo herself as a T9 premium that you can't buy in the shop but must research with free XP, I'm betting. Which means, you'll need a ton of it.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this Fletcher.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

There seems to be a sharp uptick in shitty little bullshit Trump meme talk in the chat in NA servers since Trump won.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

heh.

I was thinking of naming my eventual alt account USS DONALDJTRUMP but some streamer already took it.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

First round with a New York. It dumped me in a round with a lot of higher tier ships, and of course an un-upgraded NY isn't actually that good compared to a fully upgraded WY. A Warspite and Gneisenau immediately started pounding on me, and were it not for the allied New Mexico and Scharnhorst speeding up and tag teaming the Gneisenau I probably would have been dead about 5 minutes into the around.

I got a grand total of 4 hits but managed to live out the entire round at about this health so there's that.
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote:heh.

I was thinking of naming my eventual alt account USS DONALDJTRUMP but some streamer already took it.
I've played with him before. I've seen a handful of Trumptards on the server, my favourite was a guy saying "finally, the end of the genocide on Whites".

TK temptation unbelievable.

Also - the drop rate on supercontainers seems to be high enough that I'm always rolling the dice on containers now. 3 so far, 250 Damage Control II, 500 doubloons, and 5 million credits. The flexibility the container system gives for people who aren't swimming in flags from Ranked or cash from prem ships is cool, though.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Venator wrote:
Thanas wrote:heh.

I've played with him before.

Yeah he is a really bad CV player. 50% solo winrate. His Lexington stats are worse than mine despite him having over 1400 games in it. And he is literally unable to play anything that requires high micro and multitasking.

Here are our Taiho stats:

75% WR 103k avg damage 2137 avg xp 13.4 K/D - Me
50.7% WR 88k avg damage 1700 avg xp 8.8 K/D - Trumpboy

He does less damage in a Taiho than I do in a Lexington. He doesn't even have the excuse of "I hunt DDs" as I mainly focus on that too.
------------
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Now I understand why we folded immediately once the enemy got planes in the air...
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

So I just got Yamato (finally!)

I'm trying to decide between going for a trollololol maxed secondaries build (my captain has manual secondaries already) or else just going for a more conventional main gun setup. Any opinions?
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Scottish Ninja wrote:So I just got Yamato (finally!)

I'm trying to decide between going for a trollololol maxed secondaries build (my captain has manual secondaries already) or else just going for a more conventional main gun setup. Any opinions?

It depends on your playstyle. I like to push so I can't take nerfs to turret rotation speed. This leaves secondary reload as the better option for me.

But if you go bow in, camp from long range then use reload boost. It is IMO the superior mod (run it on my Kurfürst).
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

well I ordered 30 days of premium and a Texas because the disease is inside me
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Could have gotten a Texas for free if you had used the referral code. :(
------------
------------
My LPs