Help needed - Identifying a Freespace 2 mod

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Help needed - Identifying a Freespace 2 mod

Post by tezunegari »

I recently reinstalled Freespace 2 and the nice Freespace Open mod packages.

My problem is, during the hunt for food when I stared into the emptiness that is my fridge, I remembered a Freespace 2 mod.
Well, the parts of the story at least. But not the name.

The stuff I remember is as follows:
  • it's post-FS2
  • it might have been produced by former FS2 devs trying to tie up the ending
  • the GTVA found a derelict ship... an Orion-class but there are no recordings of it ever being built and it is old, really old
  • the derelict ship has a scrambled message involving GTVA ships named Malevolence (a Deimos-class frigate) and the Marco Polo (Colossus-class on steroids, which can go toe-to-toe with Sathanas and even Lucifers)
  • there is also a super Knossos-Gate (suped-up version of the Freespace 2 macguffin, really just several of them in line)
  • the gate is destroyed and the Malevolence and Marco Polo are thrown back in time before the Shivans ever encountered humans
  • the Shivans have several Lucifer-class ships, and part of the missions is to destroy all but one
  • the Malevolence is destroyed by sacrificing itself
Any help will be appreciated.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Titan Uranus
Padawan Learner

Re: Help needed - Identifying a Freespace 2 mod

Post by Titan Uranus »

The only freespace mod that I know of that had a ship named Marco Polo is quite old, and was called Revenge Final Conflict.

It no longer appears on the list of mods, and might no longer be playable, but I did only make a light search, I'll see if I can't find out more later.

It might serve you better to ask on the FSOpen forums.
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Re: Help needed - Identifying a Freespace 2 mod

Post by Coaan »

Revenge - FSOpen friendly(ish)

First page should have the download link. Given the last update in that thread was 2006 though, it's doubtful if they have continued support since then.
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994