Agents of SDN (Role Play Idea)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Agents of SDN (Role Play Idea)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

a dangerous world of cloaks daggers, smiliy's, persian cats, etc.

1. form your organizations (like for example Thanas could form S.E.A.L. (Society of Evil Autocratic Lawyers) <just an example we need an acronym for each group> than others could join the various groups or allinaces. (the bear has got to stop it with the spy books), then we can build our secret bases, plot our plots and blow shit up. (either that and do the more realistic modle and set up honeytraps and black mail people with their illigitamate offspring....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Agents of SDN (Role Play Idea)

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Sounds fun. Are we limited to real world capabilities, or can we use more fanciful things?
The Yosemite Bear

our agencies and thier goals are somewhat limited into real world motivations, our equipment is after all from thr super spy genre unless you want your agency to be more grounded (like say a bunch of folks who kidnap war criminals and human traffikers (slavers) whose Agency was started just after WWII,)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Hmmmm. How about a Watchmen type Superhero group?
The Yosemite Bear

The Idea was more a bunch of competting Agencies with after first round of agencies were declared with Motives, Financing, etc.

basic format using one of my two suggestions

S.E.A.L.
Financing: Blackmail, evil lawyer shit, etc.
Goals: World Domination for Thanasians
methods: Corperate sabotage & Espionage
Specials (non present day abilities): cyborgs (oh and killer seals with frakkin lasers)

The Yosemite Bear

note that the more specials you take the HIGHER the profile your agency is. High profile groups are easy to spot, sabotage, and infiltrate. or are possibly wanted as well (like the aforementined Watchmen (super hero vigilantes, persons of mass destruction) come to think of it you don't get much higher profile than persons of mass destruction....

Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Haven't got the time for it, but how about DINO? The Dangerously Incompetent and Neurotic Organization, founded when an American and a Soviet spy realized they had both been assigned to infiltrate a spy network that didn't exist, is composed entirely of double agents working for one outside agency or another.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
The Yosemite Bear

ahh, so they had to create one, and make more money off it...

Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

... and once it existed, other agencies tried to infiltrate the new agency on the block.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
noncredible
Padawan Learner

Post by noncredible »

This sounds like something I could join. Where would this supposedly take place? Just in one city, or all of America, or the entire world? Possibly with Moon colonies and satellites?
"Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible. But, that would be called cannibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies."
— Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

"And, if you should come upon this spot, please do not hurry on. Wait for a time, exactly under the star. Then, if a little man appears who laughs, who has golden hair and who refuses to answer questions, you will know who he is. If this should happen, please comfort me. Send me word that he has come back."
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
The Yosemite Bear

lattermost of course since the idea is ripping off spy movies.