World of Tanks

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Beta

Post by Force Lord »

:wtf: I'm trying to download WoT, but this happens:
Error Message wrote:The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.
What should I do?
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Force Lord wrote::wtf: I'm trying to download WoT, but this happens:
Error Message wrote:The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.
What should I do?
Blow up the WoT files you've got so far. Then run your AV, make sure nothing's fucking about, then go to HERE and click the BIG RED "DOWNLOAD WORLD OF TANKS" button and follow the instructions. That don't work then email WoT support (yellow button second from the bottom of the left hand menu).

And just to prove that Yakety Sax makes everything better...

Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Actually, this is the first time I'm downloading WoT. Though I'll run my AV just to make sure.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

I'm currently working on getting the German mediums, the American lights, and the Soviet heavies.

Still a long way to good tanks though. The MK III A really sucks, and it's currently my highest tier tank. Ah well, be getting the Mk III soon enough.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Just to let you know, i play World of Tanks on the Soviet Medium tree. My user name is ImperatorZor.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

Good, more recruits for the Evil Empire of SDN! We needs more minions! :twisted:
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Against my better judgement and/or sanity, I've opened up a US account as well. No premium, no gold, no tanks. Woo!

Well meaning but ultimately a bit crap artillery support will be nervously rolling onto the SDN battlefields soon.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Vanas wrote:Against my better judgement and/or sanity, I've opened up a US account as well. No premium, no gold, no tanks. Woo!

Well meaning but ultimately a bit crap artillery support will be nervously rolling onto the SDN battlefields soon.
Better judgments and sanity are held to be unconstitutional in the PRFY. You'll be in good company.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Splendid. More seriously, I'm almost tempted to look at the USSR tank tree, if only to one day gain the awesome power of Duckie.

I've not driven any Soviet Tanks save the T-28 Soviet Barge and my faithful Churchill, and not any artillry since I deleted my Wespe months back. So, let's roll.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

The Deathstalker had been playing the beta and just started again after going live.
I have hopes of becoming a Tigerman, and maybe a US or USSR cannoncocker.

Game handle is Deathstalker44.

Interested in an SDN clan, would be nice to play with a competent team once or twice a week.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Looks like we've got almost a dozen in for a SDN clan. Just a little short handed for the ideal 15+. Though there is a possibility that I can get another person to play.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

I've got one RL friend who should be starting his account sometime soon, and I'm trying to get a couple more interested. All hail the Evil Empire of SDN/PRFY/Whatever we're going to call it. I vote the Evil Empire of SDN. :twisted:
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Fuck. I'm downloading now, and it seems that it's gonna take over a day for the game to open up.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

I'm re downloading WoT now.

Do heavy tanks still have equipment slots for Romulan cloaking devices?
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

I may just have to look at this game now that it's live. It seems that buying gold isn't as costly as I thought it might be as ~$100 for 10 months of enhanced rewards isn't too bad in the long run. Also I must thank them for giving me a premium tank so I can have a break from the shit box starting tanks every so often.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
defanatic
Jedi Knight

Post by defanatic »

Norade wrote:I may just have to look at this game now that it's live. It seems that buying gold isn't as costly as I thought it might be as ~$100 for 10 months of enhanced rewards isn't too bad in the long run. Also I must thank them for giving me a premium tank so I can have a break from the shit box starting tanks every so often.
It's interesting to upgrade the shitboxes. I got 4 kills in my MS-1 the other day.

I'm working towards the T-34-57 and also up the soviet TD tree, so I'm looking at Tier 5-6. Playing on US servers, but live in Australia. I'll join the chat channel though.
>>Your head hurts.

>>Quaff painkillers

>>Your head no longer hurts.
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

I know that they can get good, especially the T1 when you get her maxed out compared to the others.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
Falarica
Youngling

Post by Falarica »

The wipe didn't get my Soviet M5 Stuart :D! Going Soviet and German TD. I do miss my IS-3 though.

Any Euro players out there?
Commence primary legislation!

If aliens every really tried to contact us it'd be through the internet. Then 4chan would probably scare them off.
Pintsize - Questionable Content
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Downloading the client right now. I'll be playing but my participation will be sporadic.

My username is Captain_Boom_Boom.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Admiral Drason
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Drason »

I'm RevanDelta2, going to restart my long march to my pig cats
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn
So Say We All
Night Stalkers Don't Quit
HAB member
RIP Pegasus. You died like you lived, killing toasters
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

Ah good, more troops for the Evil Empire of SDN, I hope! :twisted:
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

I'm in, going with primarily the Russian medium tree, but I'll eventually get back to the M7 in the US tree. That one I'll make Elite and no go much further
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Agme
Redshirt

Post by Agme »

I'm NancyAjram in-game. I'm gonna miss all my German cats, especially the laser accurate Panther 2. With beta over, I'm going to go down the Soviet heavy line. I want to see what uber sloped armour is like.
Broken
Padawan Learner

Post by Broken »

BrokenThoughts in game on US servers. I plan on hitting up the German mediums and heavies to Tiger II and maybe check out the Panther II. After that it's Soviet heavies (really want to try the IS-3 and IS-4) and mediums (only got to T-44 in beta). I'll mess around with arty and TD's at some random future time along with the American tank tree. I can't wait to just get out of some of these low tier tanks, the Ausf A is a painful thing to play, but only another 1k to the Panzer III.
"If you're caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you're going to jail. Evidently, if you launder nearly $1 billion for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night." Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

The Noldor are the Wise, and the Golden, the Valiant, the Sword-elves, the Elves of the Earth, the Foes of Melkor, the Skilled of Hand, the Jewel-wrights, the Companions of Men, the Followers of Finwë.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

I'm on UK servers, is anything getting set up there?
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation