Microsoft ultimate steal for students

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Microsoft ultimate steal for students

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Microsoft just brought back their student discount program for Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate, and added Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade to it. They can be gotten for just $59.99 and $64.99 respectively at this website with a valid .edu email address.

It's one product per address, but I'm sure there are some people who qualify who don't want it, so if you want it just post and hopefully someone will be nice enough to go submit their email address and pm you the password Microsoft emails them.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

That's an excellent deal.

I got lucky and managed to do a microsoft course during a two week period where they were giving it away for free :D

It's well worth the upgrade in my opinion.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Think international .edu addresses can work?

EDIT: "This offer is good only to eligible students who attend an educational institution geographically located in the United States."

Arrgh.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Hey...erm...any student who doesn't want to take advantage of this excellent deal for Windows Vista Ultimate....

I would gladly like to take advantage of your most generous personalities....
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Netko
Jedi Council Member

Post by Netko »

That's actually way too fucking expensive compared to other academic programs like MSDNAA (Vista Business = free), but I guess its at least something for those who don't have access to anything better.

It would also be appreciated for us international forum-goers if you would specify when posting news like this that it is a promotion limited to US only.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Netko wrote:That's actually way too fucking expensive compared to other academic programs like MSDNAA (Vista Business = free), but I guess its at least something for those who don't have access to anything better.

It would also be appreciated for us international forum-goers if you would specify when posting news like this that it is a promotion limited to US only.
I don't know what deals you're used to, but at Washington State University, I don't get any Office software for free, and this is cheaper than any of the editions available through MSDNAA.

Although I can pick up Vista Business for free, there's no way to get Ultimate for free, and the purchase price through MSDNAA is over $90.

I recently took advantage of this though to get myself Office Ultimate. It was pretty nice.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
nickolay1
Jedi Knight

Post by nickolay1 »

DesertFly wrote:I don't know what deals you're used to, but at Washington State University, I don't get any Office software for free, and this is cheaper than any of the editions available through MSDNAA.
Office is not offered through MSDNAA.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Oh, speaking of ultimate steals, I got an email about a month ago telling me that Microsoft was finally getting around to shipping me my copy of Vista I won in those LiveSearch games last year, to update my address if necessary, and that I could expect delivery in about twelve weeks (so, roughly November-ish).
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Well part of it is that it was a "hey you've got a few weeks to update your address if it's changed since A YEAR AGO LOL" sort of thing, but yeah twelve weeks seems weird. I guess it must be something to do with corporate fiefdoms or whatever in Microsoft since I would think they could just pull like a few dozen boxes of Vista Ultimate and ship them out but maybe there's some weird "process" they have to go through.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

That's weird, it took less than a month for mine to ship, if memory serves me correctly.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow