Vampire: Fresh Crimes and Ancient Sins

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Kyle struck out with that. Cellphone, no listed address.
Well, he thought, there are other ways than that. He dialed a number - he didn't want to have that saved in the mobile. Occasionally he gave in to his paranoia - and after a few ring tones the other side took the call. Contacts, especially in right places, can be useful from time to time. Or so one hopes.
"Hello, Paolo," he said. "This is Kyle. How are you tonight?" After a few minutes polite chat, Kyle went to business. "I have a person, a realtor, I would like to find - or be found. You might be in a better position to get me useful information about him." Paolo, while officially just a high-ranking member of the port union, had another, less official position in the darker corners of Seattle. He gave him the name and number.
"Yes, I owe you one," he chuckled.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Kyle got a phone call two minutes later. "Did you actually try a telephone book or the net first?" Paolo asked. "This guy isn't hard to find. Hell, he's a realtor, they want to be found. So Simon Chang, has an office in Richmond, here's the address, land line number and what not."
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:Joscelin laughed and took Franco's hand as he followed alongside him, giving it short shake, "Yeah, that sounds familiar. Not much up with me, just figured tonight was as good a night as any to go out. So, where are we headed? Something interesting happen that I'm not aware of?"
An eyebrow raised. "That depends on what you're aware of, I guess." Information was a tricky game. It only had value to the right people but only if those people couldn't get it everywhere. It was better to have more of it than the other guy but at the same time you had to find out what the other guy knew as well.

The Giovanni looked back at the two other Kindred for any signs that they wanted Jos kept out of the loop.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Kyle got a phone call two minutes later. "Did you actually try a telephone book or the net first?" Paolo asked. "This guy isn't hard to find. Hell, he's a realtor, they want to be found. So Simon Chang, has an office in Richmond, here's the address, land line number and what not."
"Thanks," Kyle answered Paolo. "I am a bit in a hurry but I'll try to come by in the next days."
Kyle typed it into his sat nav and drove on. Could be a dead-end, but could also lead to something. Unless someone else hasn't been there before...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Mark shook his head some, but that was to be expected, the Caitiff didn't need to know anything more than the basic information as far as the Lasombra was concerned.

The well-dressed Lasombra turned and looked to the Caitiff. "A kindred has met their final end recently and we're going to try to learn more information."
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Kyle ended up going to an office located in a stripmall. As it was close to midnight, it was closed, of course.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

Joscelin wasn't slow, and he certainly wasn't sired yesterday. He caught the conspirational looks between the Giovanni and the Lasombra, and the distinct way they told him just as little as they had too. Snarling in the back of his throat, he span to grab at Mark's collar, pulling him close, so their faces were bare inches apart, and baring his fangs in a scowl.

"Listen to me, you shadowy, cock-sucking son of a-" Joscelin caught himself and released Mark's collar, taking a step back and glowering, "I was offering my help, in case you didn't notice, and you withholding information when lack of it could lead me to the Final Death; that, I don't appreciate. If you don't want my help, say so, Lasombra."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Joscelin barely had time to finish what he was saying before the enhanced strength of the Lasombra's fist made contact with his jaw. It wasn't strong enough to drop the battle-hardened Caitiff but it hurt like a bitch. The shadows around the Lasombra began to shift and undulate in outright terrifying ways to those who had never seen them before.

"Know your place Caitiff. The very fact that I acknowledge your existance should be proof enough that your assistance would be appreciated. You are little higher than the kine, and you would do good to never forget that fact, despite what luck you may have had which has given your weak blood recognition in the courts. We all court with the Final Death in this city every night we step unto these streets, what with the constant threat of our enemies, and one must always be careful with what information we give and to who."

Mark took a few steps back and adjusted his suit, still watching the Caitiff carefully. "Now then," Mark's voice changed some "We are done fighting here." (Dominate 2)
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Joscelin raised a hand to rub his jaw, nodding his head slightly and wincing, "Yeah, we're done fighting for now. But don't think I'll forget that." He muttered a smirk.

"For now, though, I'll help you out. Atleast I'm better off than him." He gestured with a thumb in the direction of Franco with a chuckle.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

"Look, all of you, shut the fuck up," Jack snarled. "I am having a bad enough night as it is without having to listen to your yammering over trivial shit all the way to the court. If any of you have problems with the others, you are all cordially invited to go back to your crypts and fuck yourselves."

Jack began to pick up the pace, continuing the trek to the Prince's court, and looking to put a little bit of distance between them in case any of them got the bright idea of doing something that would make him actually angry.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

It didn't take them too long to reach the Prince's Court. The ghoul at the door inclined his head respectfully and let them in. A servant awaited to take coats and hats, if they were so inclined. Past that were the main rooms. Charles Tanner, the Seneshal, was in conversation with a young woman. She nodded and scurried away.

"Gentlemen," said the red head. "It is unusual to see you at court. Please make yourselves comfortable."
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Imperial Overlord wrote:It didn't take them too long to reach the Prince's Court. The ghoul at the door inclined his head respectfully and let them in. A servant awaited to take coats and hats, if they were so inclined. Past that were the main rooms. Charles Tanner, the Seneshal, was in conversation with a young woman. She nodded and scurried away.

"Gentlemen," said the red head. "It is unusual to see you at court. Please make yourselves comfortable."
"Don't mind if I do." Joscelin murmured, casting a glance about cautiously. Truly, it was rare to see him at court. He tried to avoid the place like the plague, when he could. He glanced to the rest of the group, a Lasombra, a Brujah and a Giovanni. And him, a Caitiff. Quite the motley crew indeed, he thought to himself with a snicker, before speaking to them in quiet whisper, "So, what are we here for? Surely if one of the Kindred has been shuffled off this immortal coil, so to speak, someone must already be investigating. So, what's your angle?"
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Mark smiled, he was probably here more often than any of the others, but his work often kept him on the streets. "I thank you for the hospitality." Mark nodded to the senechal before moving on with the others.
"Don't mind if I do." Joscelin murmured, casting a glance about cautiously. Truly, it was rare to see him at court. He tried to avoid the place like the plague, when he could. He glanced to the rest of the group, a Lasombra, a Brujah and a Giovanni. And him, a Caitiff. Quite the motley crew indeed, he thought to himself with a snicker, before speaking to them in quiet whisper, "So, what are we here for? Surely if one of the Kindred has been shuffled off this immortal coil, so to speak, someone must already be investigating. So, what's your angle?"
Mark looked over at the Caitiff. "They are, but there's always more to any story involving the kindred. Either way, it means that there's trouble and my interest is in stopping it. Hopefully this is only a matter of a Kuei Jin acting up." Mark carefully looked around the room, examining who else was here.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

No one else was present, but there were more than one rooms. IF someone was engaging in more private business, they would be somewhere else in the building.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Joscelin nods his head slightly, "Can't say I like Kuei Jin much, but there are worse things." He murmured, leaning up against the wall and trying to look casual even as he invistigates his surroundings, speaking in an even lower tone to the Lasombra, "So, I take it we're here for a reason. Are we going to mingle, snoop, or a combination of both? 'Cause it's all good with me. As far as I'm concerned, the sooner we get what we need, and get the hell out of here, the better."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Imperial Overlord wrote:"Gentlemen," said the red head. "It is unusual to see you at court. Please make yourselves comfortable."
"Yeah, well, it's a night for unusual things," Jack said, perhaps just a touch more curt than the more refined members of the court were used to hearing. "Is Jake Silverstone here? There's something I need to talk with him about."
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"He is indeed," said Tanner. "I believe he is in the Prince's study."
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Joscelin snapped his fingers and pulled out his cellphone, hitting auto-dial one and waiting until his sire, the Elder Ventrue Celeste Devulle answered on the other end, "Sorry to bother you, mistress." He murmured, in french this time, a language they both spoke, and one he hoped no-one else there would, "I've had an encounter with some rather strange Kindred, they're looking into something about the destruction of some Cainite or another. They seem rather excitable about it. I'm going to learn what I can. Any idea how I might serve Clan Ventrue's interests in this matter, or what I might be getting myself into?"

Even with his sire, he spoke rather informally, albiet with great respect and reverence unmistakeably in his voice. While speaking, he listened to the Brujah and Tanner speak, raising a brow, "Huh, seems like things are looking up. Apparently the Brujah has some connections. Someone called Jake Silverstone. Name doesn't ring a bell for me, but you know me... I tend to zone out on occasion, bad with names and all. He could be a Primogen for all I know."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Celeste spoke very clearly. "Vancouver's Ventrue politics are very dangerous. Be careful about whatever clan business you get involved in."
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Imperial Overlord wrote:Celeste spoke very clearly. "Vancouver's Ventrue politics are very dangerous. Be careful about whatever clan business you get involved in."
"I'm always careful, Mistress." He replied with a chuckle, "Right, I remember that name now. Jake Silverstone is a Primogen, isn't he? Primogen of Clan Brujah. You needn't worry, I'll watch myself."

With that, he exchanged goodbyes with his sire, expressing his undying affection for her in a most excessively verbose manner before hanging up and pocketing the phone, moving to join the rest of the group again with a toothy smirk.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Despite his outwardly calm and thoughtful demeanor as he studied paintings in the art gallery, despite the risks of being effectively an outlander in a strange city, Kergan did have a failing - curiosity. He knew how to curb it when necessary, but though this was his first night in this city, he figured it could help with his reputation here. After all, making people less nervous and jumpy around him would be a nice start.

He walked out of the art gallery, nodding to the ghoul outside, and wishing him a good evening. He had seen the rather motley crew of Kindred as they left, and shrugged. Why not?

Walking after them, he quickly figured out that they were headed toward the Prince's Court. Unhurriedly, he followed them inside. In plain view, he walked toward them at a direction that was likely to have all of them notice him as he approached. Little things like this were considered simple politeness - perhaps such things had an effect here.

As he walked toward them, he smiled in the same gentle manner he had before, his eyes half-lidded. "Good evening, gentlemen. I heard about your dilemma - could I be of any assistance?"

(EDIT: typo)
Last edited by rhoenix on 2007-02-23 02:15pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Joscelin raised a brow at Kergan, sizing the Assamite up and crossing his arms over his chest, greeting him, "If you know of their 'dilemma', then you know more than I do about the situation." He said musingly, offering his hand, "I suppose it's up to the rest of them, but if nothing else, I wouldn't mind some extra company. I'm Joscelin. Can't say I've seen you around before, you new in Vancouver?"
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:Joscelin raised a brow at Kergan, sizing the Assamite up and crossing his arms over his chest, greeting him, "If you know of their 'dilemma', then you know more than I do about the situation." He said musingly, offering his hand, "I suppose it's up to the rest of them, but if nothing else, I wouldn't mind some extra company. I'm Joscelin. Can't say I've seen you around before, you new in Vancouver?"
Kergan watched Joscelin eying him with a smile. At least he was being overt about it. "I'm sorry, Joscelin, but I don't shake hands. Call it paranoia. However, all I do know is that the Kindred of this town are looking into a slaying of one of their own - I thought I could perhaps be of help. And yes, I just arrived in this fair city this evening in fact, looking to perhaps call it home. Given people's reactions to me so far this evening, I figured a little goodwill couldn't hurt."
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Mark watched the Caitiff as he spoke rather fluent French into his phone, recieving, as far as he could tell, French in return. Most interesting, perhaps this Caitiff did have some refinement.

"To answer your question, those two" Mark tilted his head towards the Brujah and the Giovanni "Are here to ask questions of the Primarchs, see what info they can get. Jack is far more likely than any of us to get an answer beyond 'piss off'. I will likely soon be looking to see if the nosferatu primogen is in, he and I have often done business and one as myself has many secrets to share. I'd suggest, for your safety and for ours, that you," Mark looked at Kergan as he arrived "Either of you, do much to antagonize anyone."

Mark turned away from the two kindred and walked back towards Tanner, waiting for him to have a moment before getting his attention. "I do not suppose you could inform me as to whom, if any, of the primogens are here at the moment?"
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Joscelin withdrew his hand when Kergan informed him that he didn't intend to shake it, nodding his head slightly at Mark's words and putting his hands in his pockets, "All right. Well, I'll just make myself as inconspicuous as I can, although if Elizabeth Deveroux is present, perhaps I could speak with her. We're not close, but I know her well enough."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ