A nice game of Vampire:TM?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

Captain Cyran wrote:It's bullshit. That would be so horrendously broken that it would make Temporis look tame. Either way, Celerity says "The Character spends a single blood point ... she gains a number of additional full actions equal to her Celerity rating." It doesn't outright say you can only spend one, but it is most definately implied.
Thanks for that. I was thinking that the way my friend described it would make it a tad too powerful. I mean, if you could use Celerity once per turn for every bloodpoint you can spend per turn, an 8th gen Brujah would tear a Lupine to shreds, surely, especially if they had, like 5 dots in Celerity. Spend 3 bloodpoints, get 15 extra actions, and go all Neo on their ass. Ridiculous.
Captain Cyran wrote:It's common for people to just drop out without telling anyone.
Well, that seems kind of rude...
Captain Cyran wrote:I'm still involved (Hell, I replied to your post first :P ).
Oy, that's true. Sorry, I forgot about that when I made that post. Whoops. By the way, I'm going to assume that since your character knows the identity and clan of my character on sight, that the same applies in reverse. Like, they've met before or something. If that's a problem, I'll retcon my post.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Your friend is a complete twink. Celerity is one of the most powerful Disciplines without that nonsense. It's a state altering discipline, you spend the blood and you are kicked into super speed mode. You can no more activate it twice than you can turn into two wolves by spending twice the blood with Protean 4.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Your friend is a complete twink. Celerity is one of the most powerful Disciplines without that nonsense. It's a state altering discipline, you spend the blood and you are kicked into super speed mode. You can no more activate it twice than you can turn into two wolves by spending twice the blood with Protean 4.
What's kind of obscene is I can top even if the 'Spend three blood, get 25 actions' is allowed. With Changeling.

I have the soul of a twink. :(
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:Oy, that's true. Sorry, I forgot about that when I made that post. Whoops. By the way, I'm going to assume that since your character knows the identity and clan of my character on sight, that the same applies in reverse. Like, they've met before or something. If that's a problem, I'll retcon my post.
They've probably heard of each other before, Mark is actually a very well known Kindred in the area. And the very fact that your character has earned some sort of recognition probably means that most people know of you. Meeting is up in the air, they come from two very different areas (High class clan and a caitiff) but Mark himself does get his hands dirty with the fighting more often than many of his stature. Also, as I stated before, Jos has actually gotten some recognition from the city so he's quite likely at least seen most of the high class kindred.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Captain Cyran wrote:They've probably heard of each other before, Mark is actually a very well known Kindred in the area. And the very fact that your character has earned some sort of recognition probably means that most people know of you. Meeting is up in the air, they come from two very different areas (High class clan and a caitiff) but Mark himself does get his hands dirty with the fighting more often than many of his stature. Also, as I stated before, Jos has actually gotten some recognition from the city so he's quite likely at least seen most of the high class kindred.
Ah, well, that makes sense. I suppose a Caitiff with status does tend to have trouble hiding their identity if they openly admit to being a Caitiff. That sort of thing does tend to get noticed. Since Mark does tend to get his hands dirty on occasion, as you said, perhaps they've gotten into a fight of sorts before? Could make the interaction interesting, if nothing else, but it's your call. We could just play it as if they've just heard of each other, if that's your preference.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Mark isn't the type to start fights with other kindred. His business in the city is to defeat the lupines and the Kuei-Jin. They've probably seen each other fighting on the same side occasionally though.

By the way, whereabouts is your willpower? Not that I'm planning on using dominate or anything... *cough* :angelic:
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Captain Cyran wrote:Mark isn't the type to start fights with other kindred. His business in the city is to defeat the lupines and the Kuei-Jin. They've probably seen each other fighting on the same side occasionally though.

By the way, whereabouts is your willpower? Not that I'm planning on using dominate or anything... *cough* :angelic:
Ah, alright then. Well, Jos's Willpower is 5. Feel free to use Dominate. :P But he might seek revenge for it later. He no likey being manipulated, he gets enough of that from the Ventrue (other than his sire, who he practically worships).
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Oh I fully expect revenge being sought, but Mark has more important matters to deal with now than internal conflicts with a Caitiff. :wink:
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

I'm also not gone. In fact, your bickering was able to allow me to give Jack something to say. Grouchily. Like all Brujah should.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Civil War Man wrote:I'm also not gone. In fact, your bickering was able to allow me to give Jack something to say. Grouchily. Like all Brujah should.
Glad to hear it. :D And yes, you're right of course. Grouchy is the Brujah way.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Sorry about the delay in posts - real life took precedence for a bit. Well, that, and I wasn't sure how to reply, given my character's personality, and his propensity for making people nervous.

What the hell. I'll at least be polite about a rather obvious attempt to join the rest of the group.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Nothing for fangs specifically, but having parts of the target's body helps a lot with any magic based around the Laws of Contagion or Symmetry.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.