Final Flamewar: The Fiver Menace OFFICIAL RELEASE

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Darkdrium wrote:Ah very good. Thanks Steve, in your face Dalton :wink:
Youse pickin' da wrong man ta fuck with ;)
Darkdrium wrote:Babtekh isn't Tigerclaw's stronghold right?
Right. Tigerclaws is at Befivetekh. Babtekh is where Sage Young is.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

LadyTevar wrote:...especially if it's Scalia...
Steve, when did you sneak a SCOTUS judge into the game? Is he a miniboss?
To Absent Friends

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Dalton wrote:
No, he's a good guy. Remember, I'm an evil conservative Bush supporter. :twisted: 8)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Steve wrote:No, he's a good guy. Remember, I'm an evil conservative Bush supporter. :twisted: 8)
Ooh. Can I axe you a few questions, then?
To Absent Friends

Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

It's a pretty fun game but I have a question. I'm in the control room in the boat at the... place (did they ever say what town that was?), and... are those ninjas down there supposed to be beatable? Because well... they aren't. I even tried using the PPC-something and Eruption and everything I had, but was that enough? No, every time, every turn, at least two of them used their fricking Flame 2 and always managed to kill my entire party in less than three turns (except for one time, when I managed to kill a whopping single one of them)! Maybe if I had had a healer, but she was locked up... And I can't go back either. It is so frustrating!!

I must say though, awesome with the song Sinking Old Sanctuary from Castlevania: LOD (I even hear it's the midi version by Jorge Fuentes) in the areas around ASVS and also Beginning from Super Castlevania IV during the fight with... that guy ;) .
Dalton wrote:Steve figured out that it was because only the lower-level tiles affected where the airship could land, and since at that point it's grassland...well, you get the idea. It'll get fixed. In the meantime, just don't land there ;)
Oh, now you're telling us :P
Damnit I landed one tile to right of where Fgalkin landed. I thought my ship would be inaccessible for the rest of the game, but thankfully not, thanks to the Plot Device :D
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Dooey Jo wrote:It's a pretty fun game but I have a question. I'm in the control room in the boat at the... place (did they ever say what town that was?), and... are those ninjas down there supposed to be beatable? Because well... they aren't. I even tried using the PPC-something and Eruption and everything I had, but was that enough? No, every time, every turn, at least two of them used their fricking Flame 2 and always managed to kill my entire party in less than three turns (except for one time, when I managed to kill a whopping single one of them)! Maybe if I had had a healer, but she was locked up... And I can't go back either. It is so frustrating!!
The ninjas are indeed beatable - but they are somewhat resistant to fire/flame attacks, IIRC. I usually had a Ray Shield up ASAP and Schala constantly healed and/or shielded my party.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Schala's not available at that point, IIRC. If you want a healer, take Chuck.
To Absent Friends

DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Found the Ninja Marines in the boat control room depends mostly on your party. My first party I went through had Marina, Dalton, Kerkoff and someone else, and they got beaten.

second party had a more balanced accounting, along with a healer (I beleive Alyeska was my designated healer, with Iceberg as my offensive mage) and decidedly owned them, with no losses (but I did have to heal a good bit before each battle.)

Queen Zeal though...that bitch is killing Schala when you have to save Chrono...
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

That's a tough nut to crack, Silver. Try using a Magic Shield.
To Absent Friends

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Silver: Use Magic Shield in the first turn, then alternate between Cure 2-3 and Soul Beam. A second Magic Shield, done in Turn 3, may also help quite a bit, but I haven't done that particular fight in a while. Use an Elixir or two if you must.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

After painstaking research, I can confirm the Fiver Marine Elites are Pirate/Ninjas. The dread treknology recovered by these maniacs allowed them to fuse the two most powerful beasts into one gruesome whole.

Hi. I'm lightheaded.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

How do I win the big battle to defeat the Fiver army? I ran straight through the level from the ASVS to the SB side killing everything in sight and it still won't end. Am I missing something?
That's the wrong way to tickle Mary, that's the wrong way to kiss!
Don't you know that, over here lad, they like it best like this!
Hooray, pour les français! Farewell, Angleterre!
We didn't know how to tickle Mary, but we learnt how, over there!
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Bob McDob wrote:How do I win the big battle to defeat the Fiver army? I ran straight through the level from the ASVS to the SB side killing everything in sight and it still won't end. Am I missing something?
Go to the middle, then upwards.
To Absent Friends

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

And for the love of god, don't forget to save.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

First Off: Dalton and Steve, thanks for the tip, worked wonders for defeating her royal pain-in-my-ass. She was out like a coma patient in a few rounds with your advice.

UGH!

QBasic you bastard! Release not the flames of midas!

-remembers to cast ray shield-
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Steve wrote:
Dalton wrote:
No, he's a good guy. Remember, I'm an evil conservative Bush supporter. :twisted: 8)
Just because I can't spell the girl's name, you pick on me :cry:

And even worse, I've been at work all day humming the songs!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

SirNitram wrote:After painstaking research, I can confirm the Fiver Marine Elites are Pirate/Ninjas. The dread treknology recovered by these maniacs allowed them to fuse the two most powerful beasts into one gruesome whole.

Hi. I'm lightheaded.
:looks at date/time stamp:
Since that was after you'd left the bedroom? Yes, you *should* have been lightheaded after that little romp.

I didn't get to play last night, hope to tonight. Pity me, I've yet to release the ICS.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote:
Steve wrote:
Dalton wrote: Steve, when did you sneak a SCOTUS judge into the game? Is he a miniboss?
Just because I can't spell the girl's name, you pick on me :cry:
It's Dalton's fault. :P He made fun of you, I just couldn't resist the snarky comeback.
And even worse, I've been at work all day humming the songs!
Which ones? :)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

SirNitram wrote:After painstaking research, I can confirm the Fiver Marine Elites are Pirate/Ninjas. The dread treknology recovered by these maniacs allowed them to fuse the two most powerful beasts into one gruesome whole.

Hi. I'm lightheaded.
I spent a lot of time trying to tweak them. :twisted:

Just be thankful the game engine does not allow for Tonberrys. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Steve wrote: Just be thankful the game engine does not allow for Tonberrys. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:kill: Tonberrys

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote:
Steve wrote: Just be thankful the game engine does not allow for Tonberrys. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hmm, if I ever do make a sequel, wanna be the party Bard? (Bardess?) :)

Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Okay I killed the ninjas without having to go back to another save file. Thank fuck for Megalixirs... But then this Elizar comes and is an even bigger bitch :x Again, thank fuck for my last Megalixir... If I hadn't have had those, and then if I hadn't have had a different save file, I would have had to start the whole game over again because those Marines and then Elizar simply wouldn't have been possible to beat. None of my party-members knew a healing spell and I couldn't cast protection spells on all of them before they were all killed...
You should remember that the next time you make a game; never ever have a situation where a choice the player makes forces him to start over.

The game also crashed on me two times. Once during a fight and once when Wong was talking... Also, CTRL ALT DEL doesn't seem to be working (even when the game doesn't crash), so I had to reset the whole computer. Do you have access to the actual code of the game engine? If so, there should be a flag or something to set to allow rebooting; like DDSCL_ALLOWREBOOT which is the DirectDraw cap for that when in fullscreen mode...

Also, that damn Laird and his do-nothing-but-status-affecting-attacks and occasionaly-kill-your-entire-party-in-one-turn friends gave me a head ache :evil:
Then I went and got three more Megalixirs, and then I killed them all without having to use even one them! Grrr... randomised battles...
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Darkdrium
Padawan Learner

Post by Darkdrium »

Also, that damn Laird and his do-nothing-but-status-affecting-attacks and occasionaly-kill-your-entire-party-in-one-turn friends gave me a head ache
Then I went and got three more Megalixirs, and then I killed them all without having to use even one them! Grrr... randomised battles...
Ribbons are your friends, also being lv 36. Kynes is hilarious by the way. Was he always like this on ASVS?

I'm on to the last boss now. Nothing shall stand in my way now. :twisted:
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

we forgot the part about kynes and boyd being the same person...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Steve wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hmm, if I ever do make a sequel, wanna be the party Bard? (Bardess?) :)
I'm a WhiteMage/Summoner, not a Spoony Bard!