Revolution controller revealed

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Davis 51 wrote:
Seriousgamer's fucked up blog wrote:
Nintendo.

I am sorry.

This blog is no longer a tool for you to get marketing and hype from.

Now that this blog is independent.

You little picture on IGN that resembles the Controller pics that I was sent is not enough.

This Blog flies under a new banner today.

Xbox 360.
:wtf: :x :) :D :lol: :kill:
He'll fit in well with the X-Box nutjob crowd.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:So why should we even care?
It's fun to laugh at.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:So why should we even care?
we don't care, it's just the same reason people post what SuperShadow says.
Davis 51
Jedi Master
Location: In that box, in that tiny corner in your garage, with my laptop, living off Dogfood and Diet Pepsi.

Post by Davis 51 »

Holy shit. His latest post only goes to further proove how insane he is.
He claims that Nintendo should give him complete marketing rights because it is the only hope they have. He also says he will not post unless Nintendo has contacted him. Good riddance.
Brains!
"I would ask if the irony of starting a war to spread democracy while ignoring public opinion polls at home would occur to George W. Bush, but then I check myself and realize that
I'm talking about a trained monkey.
"-Darth Wong
"All I ever got was "evil liberal commie-nazi". Yes, he called me a communist nazi."-DPDarkPrimus
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Davis 51 wrote:Holy shit. His latest post only goes to further proove how insane he is.
He claims that Nintendo should give him complete marketing rights because it is the only hope they have. He also says he will not post unless Nintendo has contacted him. Good riddance.
Of course it would be funny for Nintendo to respond to him

Dear Supershadow
Go fuck yourself. We mean it
Best Wishes
Nintendo

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Davis 51 wrote:Holy shit. His latest post only goes to further proove how insane he is.
Oh, he claims that its his last post every week. He'll be back tomorrow claiming he's working for Nintendo or with some other claim, mark my words.
Davis 51
Jedi Master
Location: In that box, in that tiny corner in your garage, with my laptop, living off Dogfood and Diet Pepsi.

Post by Davis 51 »

Praxis wrote:
Oh, he claims that its his last post every week. He'll be back tomorrow claiming he's working for Nintendo or with some other claim, mark my words.
Marked.

Yeah, you're probably right. But it's still pretty funny.
Brains!
"I would ask if the irony of starting a war to spread democracy while ignoring public opinion polls at home would occur to George W. Bush, but then I check myself and realize that
"-Darth Wong
"All I ever got was "evil liberal commie-nazi". Yes, he called me a communist nazi."-DPDarkPrimus
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Wow, he actually deleted it. It's a miracle.
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Why did he delete that blog? I wanted to read the stupidity...
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
lPeregrine
Jedi Knight

Post by lPeregrine »

And in other news, I've discovered Nintendo's next plan to over-simplify gaming into something even my dog can play... seriously, why stop at just four buttons? Why not complete their market suicide by forcing any game intended for the over-10 audience to use commands like "3 swings to the left, then one down = use item"? Oh wait, they already did that last part...

Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Fleet Admiral JD wrote:Why did he delete that blog? I wanted to read the stupidity...
Heh, told ya so. He's just reopened it.

BTW he deletes all his posts a few days after they go up so you can't scroll back and see how wrong he was.

Anyway, his latest post has him insulting Nintendo and Apple.
Gamers around the world. Lend me your ears. I come not to praise Nintendo.

But to speak of the fallen leader.

Nintendo has lost itself in its own glory. No longer the dominant powerhouse it was in the 80's and 90's.

Nintendo afraid to battle head to head with Sony and Microsoft has chosen to go the route Apple did against Microsoft.

The way of the Coward.

Nintendo used to be a company that unified innovation and mainstream appeal. Now it desperately seeks just innovation. However Nintendo has not innovated since the N64.

Nothing new was added during the entire Gamecube era. Now the Revolution's controller which was spoken so highly of is nothing but a remote control. Almost identical to that of the Philips CDI remote control.

Nintendo is done my friends. Who am I you ask?

I was a Nintendo gamer for many years before turning to Sony and Microsoft. These companies gave me what I wanted. Great Games that led me away from Nintendo.

Why did I choose to create a Blog about Nintendo and not them?

Because I always wanted to believe that the great memories I had when I played my NES and Super NES would be reborn again. I am talking about the franchises that defined a generation.

However nothing that Nintendo releases anymore captivates me.

When I first played Zelda A Link to the Past I couldnt put it down. I had to beat it. I beat the game in just a couple of days.

When it comes to gaming I am kind of a grandmaster. Played and beat most ever game you ever heard of.

However the Gamecube games for the most part didnt have that feel. That captivating uniqueness that screamed Nintendo.

Mario Sunshine was more like Mario 64 version 1.5

The Gamecube never went online except for a Phantasy Star which was a joke.

The Gamecubes Controller was the worst controller out of the three.

I hoped that Nintendo had learned its lessons.

Why the hype? Why the lies?

Because I wanted to show Nintendo what every gamer wanted. Nintendo has lost touch with Gamers. I felt a Blog that would reach out to millions would show them the way.

I know for a fact that Nintendo has come to my Blog. Almost Daily. So have many of the designers of the Revolution and its processors.

I dont expect any of you to believe me. That is fine.

However I thought I could show Nintendo which road they should go down if they wanted to re-establish their marketshare.

Kind of a kids dream really. One that became unrealized.

To all you Fanboys out there. I grew up on Nintendo.

It was my first console. I dusted my NES everyday. Had my own specific Nintendo drawer and everything.

To say that I am a Nintendo hater is wrong. I am not.

I am disappointed.

Disappointed in the company that once created greatness is becoming more gimmicky and getting owned by its competition so badly that it might not be around anymore.

Out of all the games this Generation I played Halo more that all my Gamecube games combined!

What does that tell you Nintendo? That you are not in touch with Gamers!

Listen people I own Super Smash Bros Melee, Windwaker, Metroid Prime, and most of the solid first party titles.

Why?

Because I was waiting for the "ONE" big game from Nintendo. It never came.

None of these games captivated me like whupping the convenants ass in Halo.

Nothing was funner than playing with my fellow gamers on Xbox Live in Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon.

THIS WAS FUN.

I then thought. What happened to you Nintendo?

You practically started multiplayer action. Where was a true successor to Bond 007 on the Gamecube? It was great for the N64 however there wasnt a great first person shooter on the Cube that could even come remotely close to HALO!

Gamers this Blog was all about hype for the Revolution. Furthermore if you Fanboys on the Nintendo Forums remember a couple of years ago I talked about my disappointment for the Gamecube.

I created the SeriousGamer007 blog shortly after E3. It was here when it seemed that Nintendo did not know which way to go. Microsoft and Sony had their gameplans.

Nintendo was floundering.

I was already a huge Xbox fan now. I already gave up pretty much on Nintendo.

I then thought.

What if a gamer would not just stand by and watch but what if he would try to change the company he had so much respect for.

How would he do it?

By becoming an Icon.

Something that reached out to gamers.

Hence SG007 aka The King of Gamers was born.

I acted like an insider to see if it would work. To see if I was right and that my vision was what Gamers wanted.

Millions of Gamers later who came to my blog told me I was right.

Gamers began emailing me by the hundreds.

They loved the fact of a new super console.

One that was a worthy successor to the NES and Super NES.

One that would deliver where the Gamecube failed.

4 Teraflop Power.

A Visor.

Gyroscopic Controller (Wow I was right, However the Remote is a joke in my opinion. I envisioned it completely different)

And Xenias.

Gamers flocked to it.

They had Power.

Remember the old Nintendo saying "Now your playing with Power"?

They had it. Unfortunately Nintendo's current Revolution is actually the weakest out of the three. What a disappointment. Dont they realize after 20 years what works and what doesnt? I guess not. That is why they keep losing marketshare.

Xenias would give them a game that could stand toe to toe with Halo.

And a Stereoscopic 3D Visor. That would be the ultimate.

You see none of these things were designed to eliminate the current field of gaming but only to expand it.

However this is not Nintendo's Vision.

This was SeriousGamer007's Vision.

One that would deliver.

Nintendo is not the company I used to know. Nintendo no longer exists in my mind.

Kind of like Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader.

He used to be good but then became evil. He only came back to the light when it was to late and then died.

This was Nintendo's Final go.

They had to be perfect.

Unfortunately what you got was a DVD remote. Now they are panicking again because instead of getting all kinds of praise in which they thought they would jumpstart a gaming Revolution it did not happen. People really didnt like it. Moreover they are confused by it.

Now Nintendo is desperately trying to create the shell. IGN built a mockup of what it may or may not look like.

The shell is what I envisioned. Something that could be used for racing games to steer a car. Or something to guide the Arwing in Star Fox.

Nintendo does not know what to do.

Furthermore it is known for fact that it will be the weakest console out of the three.

Nintendo's First Party titles are tired.

Mario has been in more renditions and remakes then any other character in videogame history.

I tried to show Nintendo however I never really expected them to listen to me or give me a minute of their time.

However when you guys began coming by the tens of thousands I thought they just might.

On November 22 I will be getting my Xbox 360.

I am excited for what the future holds for that console.

Nintendo has fallen.

They actually havent been the King since the Super Nes. Both the N64 and the Gamecube got outsold by their competitors.

Nintendo's Profits keep on shrinking.

The Portable market is all they have left.

Tonight I toast to a fallen King. Nintendo.

Tomorrow I usher in the new King.

The Xbox 360.

If you disagree with me that is fine. I guess in a couple of years when Nintendo is making games for the other consoles it will be the only thing to prove that I was right.

Quite Frankly I dont care what anyone of you think.

I know I am right.

And so do you. Deep down, so do you.

Finally to some of you gamers who think this was all about me. Well that is a load of bullshit.

This was all about Nintendo.

None of you have even come close to find out who I am. I would steer you away from my true identity left and right. Throw things out there so you could focus on them and never find me out.

And Just like I came in unnoticed and not knowing who I am I shall leave in the same manner.

Quietly. With no attention being focused on me.

Only on the Fallen King.

Nintendo.

You can reach SeriousGamer007 through his email at SeriousGamer007@hotmail.com

This email will be kept up for a short time before being cancelled out.

Geez will this guy just kill himself and do the world a favor?

Man.

Three days ago he was proclaiming the fall of Microsoft and Sony and now Nintendo has fallen and he's an XBox gamer.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Pressing Enter after every line: The surest sign that what you're reading is pure shit-comma-bull.
The Great and Malignant
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Can anyone spell email bombing? :twisted:
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

What a dumbass. Nintendo is "Panicking," huh? Suuuuuure.....

(By which I mean: Fucktard)
I tried to show Nintendo however I never really expected them to listen to me or give me a minute of their tim
Gee, I wonder why?! :o
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Davis 51
Jedi Master

Post by Davis 51 »

Nintendo afraid to battle head to head with Sony and Microsoft has chosen to go the route Apple did against Microsoft.

The way of the Coward.
What a dumbass. Nintendo was never in it for comptetition.
Nintendo used to be a company that unified innovation and mainstream appeal. Now it desperately seeks just innovation. However Nintendo has not innovated since the N64.

Nothing new was added during the entire Gamecube era. Now the Revolution's controller which was spoken so highly of is nothing but a remote control. Almost identical to that of the Philips CDI remote control.
He actually thinks the remote is like the CDI?
When it comes to gaming I am kind of a grandmaster.
:lol:
Why the hype? Why the lies?

Because I wanted to show Nintendo what every gamer wanted. Nintendo has lost touch with Gamers. I felt a Blog that would reach out to millions would show them the way.
Nintendo hasn't lost touch with gamers. You have lost touch with reality.
Out of all the games this Generation I played Halo more that all my Gamecube games combined!
Well, that explains alot.
What does that tell you Nintendo? That you are not in touch with Gamers!

Listen people I own Super Smash Bros Melee, Windwaker, Metroid Prime, and most of the solid first party titles.

Why?

Because I was waiting for the "ONE" big game from Nintendo. It never came.

None of these games captivated me like whupping the convenants ass in Halo.

Nothing was funner than playing with my fellow gamers on Xbox Live in Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon.
Gee, for someone who claimed to be a Nintendo employee, you sure play alot of XBox Games.
One that was a worthy successor to the NES and Super NES.

One that would deliver where the Gamecube failed.

4 Teraflop Power.

A Visor.

Gyroscopic Controller (Wow I was right, However the Remote is a joke in my opinion. I envisioned it completely different)

And Xenias.

Gamers flocked to it.

They had Power.
How about a time machine! Yeah, and a toaster oven! OOOHhhhh. What about a Swiss Army Knife!
And a Stereoscopic 3D Visor. That would be the ultimate.

You see none of these things were designed to eliminate the current field of gaming but only to expand it.

However this is not Nintendo's Vision.

This was SeriousGamer007's Vision.
No shit shirlock!

One that would deliver.
Nintendo is not the company I used to know. Nintendo no longer exists in my mind.

Kind of like Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader.
NEWS FLASH! NINTENDO IS NOT YOUR FUCKING COMPANY! YOU HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHT TO TELL THEM WHAT TO DO!
If Nintendo no longer exists in your mind, then STFU! /vent
Unfortunately what you got was a DVD remote. Now they are panicking again because instead of getting all kinds of praise in which they thought they would jumpstart a gaming Revolution it did not happen. People really didnt like it. Moreover they are confused by it.

Now Nintendo is desperately trying to create the shell. IGN built a mockup of what it may or may not look like.

The shell is what I envisioned. Something that could be used for racing games to steer a car. Or something to guide the Arwing in Star Fox.

Nintendo does not know what to do.
Damn, my IQ dropped about 5 points reading that.
The Shell was already a work in progress, dumbass. He says 'people didn't really like it', like he is a representative of the gaming community.
They actually havent been the King since the Super Nes. Both the N64 and the Gamecube got outsold by their competitors.

Nintendo's Profits keep on shrinking.

The Portable market is all they have left.

Tonight I toast to a fallen King. Nintendo.

Tomorrow I usher in the new King.

The Xbox 360.

If you disagree with me that is fine. I guess in a couple of years when Nintendo is making games for the other consoles it will be the only thing to prove that I was right.
Nintendo's goal was never to outsell their competitors. Their goal was never to be king. They are not attention whores, like you. Their goal is to keep the fanbase happy. And they do a damn good job of it, too. You seem to be suffering from delusions of grandeur.
Quite Frankly I dont care what anyone of you think.

I know I am right.

And so do you. Deep down, so do you.
You don't care what anyone else thinks. Deep down, Nintendo doesn't care what you think either. They never have, and they never will.
Finally to some of you gamers who think this was all about me. Well that is a load of bullshit.
:roll:
None of you have even come close to find out who I am. I would steer you away from my true identity left and right. Throw things out there so you could focus on them and never find me out.

And Just like I came in unnoticed and not knowing who I am I shall leave in the same manner.

Quietly. With no attention being focused on me.

Only on the Fallen King.

Nintendo.
Hmmm. Nah, too easy.
You can reach SeriousGamer007 through his email at SeriousGamer007@hotmail.com

This email will be kept up for a short time before being cancelled out
FIRE AWAY! :kill:

Watch him come back saying he is sorry to nintendo, and he will do anything to help them.
Brains!
"-Darth Wong
Max
Jedi Knight

Post by Max »

If the controller uses bluetooth..how well developed is bluetooth for gaming? I've had many issues with it on my Treo 650. So I have reservations about it for gaming.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

This is seriously fairly hilarious.

"OMFG! FOUR BUTTONZ! NINTENDO IZ STEWPID!!!!!!!"

At what point did more buttons equal a superior product, exactly?
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

SirNitram wrote:This is seriously fairly hilarious.

42 buttons.

However in Consoles its a valid point because less button means less options for certian kinds of games.

Take say Halo, I need a button to shoot

I need a button to switch weapons

I need a button to jump of course
3. Buttons

I need a button for gernades
4. Buttons
Oops! Out of buttons, Guess there will be no Zooming, No Melee attack, No exit to menu.

Some games however only need two or three buttons but certian games like...
FPS
Fighting Games(Even Smashbrothers)
Action/Survial Games
RPGs(Depending)
Require more than four buttons but more along the lines of six.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Davis 51
Jedi Master

Post by Davis 51 »

Mr Bean wrote:

42 buttons.

However in Consoles its a valid point because less button means less options for certian kinds of games.

Take say Halo, I need a button to shoot

I need a button to switch weapons

I need a button to jump of course
3. Buttons

I need a button for gernades
4. Buttons
Oops! Out of buttons, Guess there will be no Zooming, No Melee attack, No exit to menu.

Some games however only need two or three buttons but certian games like...
FPS
Fighting Games(Even Smashbrothers)
Action/Survial Games
RPGs(Depending)
Require more than four buttons but more along the lines of six.
That is why they are making a shell. Hopefully it will ship with the product itself.
Brains!
"-Darth Wong
lPeregrine
Jedi Knight

Post by lPeregrine »

Since the point when games started having more than four commands. Even something simple like a basic FPS has more than that. The motion sensor replaces mouselook, then you need your 4 movement keys, jump, fire, alternate fire, next weapon/previous weapon, menu, etc. More buttons don't always mean a superior product, but too few buttons can mean a very inferior one. Consoles were already at the point of having too few buttons available, so removing even more is just a stupid decision.

We've got three options for how this works out in the end:

1) The games for the revolution involve shallow gameplay, because their input options are so limited. It's hard to add game features when you lack buttons to access them.

2) Commands are going to have awkward multi-step actions, not just a single button press. "3 swings up, 2 down, then hit the A button 6 times" to open the map in an rpg, for example. In other words, making the gameplay much worse than if they'd put some effort into designing a more useable controller.

3) To play any decent game, you're going to need to buy add-on controllers. Yay, spending even more money to get the product they should have made originally.
Loner
Jedi Knight

Post by Loner »

The analog attachment shown at TGS (And Nintendo has confirmed that it will ship with the system) has two trigger buttons itself. So that means 6 buttons plus the D-Pad. Though if I remember one interview correctly, the remote shown off at TGS still isn't the final design.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

All this talk about four buttons made me examine the earlier controller images more closely: they've placed two buttons at the 'bottom' of the remote. How are you supposed to reach that with your thumb?

I never had a problem with the GC controller (maybe a bit small), but I'm not really seeing how this is a step in the right direction. Perhaps you'll be able to use the four gamecube ports to play Revolution games? If so, fine, but people shouldn't have to use workarounds like this.
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Six buttons when you count the nunchaku.

Ten if you count the D-pad as buttons (like in Metroid Prime, where it is used for weapon switching).
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Stark wrote:All this talk about four buttons made me examine the earlier controller images more closely: they've placed two buttons at the 'bottom' of the remote. How are you supposed to reach that with your thumb?

I never had a problem with the GC controller (maybe a bit small), but I'm not really seeing how this is a step in the right direction. Perhaps you'll be able to use the four gamecube ports to play Revolution games? If so, fine, but people shouldn't have to use workarounds like this.
I thought that too, but if you look carefully you'll realize that the controller is incredibly small. I think they would be reachable.

Also remember that the nunchaku (which has two more trigger buttons) SHIPS WITH THE CONTROLLER.
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

OT: but I just had a guy on another board tell me that Sony invented the internet.