C. Sheehan now targeting H. Clinton

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Perinquus
Virus-X Wannabe

C. Sheehan now targeting H. Clinton

Post by Perinquus »

Protester Sheehan Presses Clinton To Withdraw Support for War
Visiting New York City for the first time since leaving her campsite outside President Bush's vacation ranch in Crawford, Texas, Ms. Sheehan told a packed audience in a Brooklyn church that Mrs. Clinton "knows the war is a lie" but because of her political ambitions refuses to voice any opposition.

Mrs. Clinton is "waiting for the best political moment to say" she opposes the war, Ms. Sheehan said during a 15-minute speech. "You say it or you're losing your job," she said, provoking a roar of approval from the audience. Mrs. Clinton, believed to be a possible presidential contender in 2008, has said she supports the war in Iraq and has pushed for a greater troop presence in the country.

In an interview after her speech, Ms. Sheehan said she has requested a meeting with Mrs. Clinton but has not gotten a reply. Mrs. Clinton's office was not immediately available for comment last night.
This woman really is starting to get carried away with her own feelings of self importance. Now she's throwing ultimatums at Hillary Clinton.
Davis 51
Jedi Master
Location: In that box, in that tiny corner in your garage, with my laptop, living off Dogfood and Diet Pepsi.

Post by Davis 51 »

It seems like she is suffering from Post-tramautic stress disorder. Poor woman. At first I thought she was just an attention whore, but I see that she really needs help.
Brains!
"I would ask if the irony of starting a war to spread democracy while ignoring public opinion polls at home would occur to George W. Bush, but then I check myself and realize that
I'm talking about a trained monkey.
"-Darth Wong
"All I ever got was "evil liberal commie-nazi". Yes, he called me a communist nazi."-DPDarkPrimus
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

She's getting in politicians' faces over this. About damn time someone did.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

I don't know how wrong she is about Hillary's intentions. Hillary's been doing quite a bit now to moderate her political position and, one would assume, taking a pro stance on the war would be one of them. It'll help her to avoid the Republicans going on and on about how much of a limp-wristed politician she is when it comes to the War on Terror or any other such thing. Personally, I think it's disingenious and one of the reasons I dislike a lot of politicians, but it's good political ball playing, I guess.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Good. Now people will be less likely to associate this crackpot with the DNC.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Erik von Nein wrote:I don't know how wrong she is about Hillary's intentions.
Sheehan's right. Hillary supported the war, so she is responsible for it, too.
Hillary's been doing quite a bit now to moderate her political position and, one would assume, taking a pro stance on the war would be one of them. It'll help her to avoid the Republicans going on and on about how much of a limp-wristed politician she is when it comes to the War on Terror or any other such thing. Personally, I think it's disingenious and one of the reasons I dislike a lot of politicians, but it's good political ball playing, I guess.
Yeah, that did John Kerry a lot of good, didn't it? Max Cleland gave the Bush Junta the benefit of the doubt and the Republicans responded by running an ad implying he was in league with Hussein and Bin Laden, then spreading the story that Cleland blew his own arm and legs off in Vietnam and wasn't really a war hero. The kind of abuse heaped on Hillary's husband should be proof that playing footsie with Republicans won't keep them from sliming you.

Democrats need to quit acting like Colonel Nicholson in Bridge on the River Kwai by collaborating with the enemy.