Muslims and thermonuclear fire *fap fap fap*

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

PainRack wrote:3. Leave them alone. That's right. The US can't win the war on terror. The British can't win it. Nobody, except the Muslim community can..
Actually, there IS a group that can.

AGM-86 ALCMs loaded on a B-52's pylons....

Hopefully, it won't come to this, but if it does.....well.....the prospect
is dim for Islam.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

MKSheppard wrote:
PainRack wrote:3. Leave them alone. That's right. The US can't win the war on terror. The British can't win it. Nobody, except the Muslim community can..
Actually, there IS a group that can.

http://fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bomber/ag ... vic396.jpg

AGM-86 ALCMs loaded on a B-52's pylons....

Hopefully, it won't come to this, but if it does.....well.....the prospect
is dim for Islam.
Could you please not prance into good threads and muck them up with your furious masturbation about using bombs to solve all the world's problems? I don't care if you pleasure yourself to the thought of big explosions killing hundreds of people, but please do it privately.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Supreme_Warlord
Youngling
Location: East Ham, London, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Universe

Post by Supreme_Warlord »

Durandal wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:snip masturbatory crap
Could you please not prance into good threads and muck them up with your furious masturbation about using bombs to solve all the world's problems? I don't care if you pleasure yourself to the thought of big explosions killing hundreds of people, but please do it privately.
I hope this is not considered me-tooing or vulturing (if so, please delete), but I am relieved to see that someone else finds MKSheppard's calls for bombing/nuking at the slightest pretext disturbing.

I am getting rather weary of his calls for unleashing America's mighty arsenal on the people of the world.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, no explanation will suffice.

Men don't follow titles, they follow courage!

100th post on Wed, 28 Apr, 2004 15:23
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Durandal, while that giant picture might be unnecessary, what Shep said is true to a certain extent.
Islamofacism cannot sucessfully escalate the war and still maintain a semblance of victory. If they use a small WMD on a US or other secular target, the United States can bomb the everloving shit out of them with little real objections capable of being raised. Escalation of this type has the distinct possibility of ending the existance of certain Middle Eastern countries entirely, a prospect that might be quite scary to many terror backers.
Nukes actually could solve this problem, as Mr. Wong himself pointed out. The morality of it, even is retaliation is fuzzy, but Shep was on target (Don't mind the pun) when he said that nukes were viable.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Dark Hellion wrote:Durandal, while that giant picture might be unnecessary, what Shep said is true to a certain extent.
Islamofacism cannot sucessfully escalate the war and still maintain a semblance of victory. If they use a small WMD on a US or other secular target, the United States can bomb the everloving shit out of them with little real objections capable of being raised. Escalation of this type has the distinct possibility of ending the existance of certain Middle Eastern countries entirely, a prospect that might be quite scary to many terror backers.
Nukes actually could solve this problem, as Mr. Wong himself pointed out. The morality of it, even is retaliation is fuzzy, but Shep was on target (Don't mind the pun) when he said that nukes were viable.
I didn't comment on whether or not it was viable. I'm sick of Shep coming into every god damn thread and attempting to turn it into his own personal wanking session by posting pictures of bombs. That is all. I don't care if you agree with him or not, but this is a pattern with him, and I want it to stop.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Durandal wrote:I'm sick of Shep coming into every god damn thread and attempting to turn it into his own personal wanking session by posting pictures of bombs. That is all. I don't care if you agree with him or not, but this is a pattern with him, and I want it to stop.
:roll: I don't see the 1,090 threads that I've posted pictures of JDAMs,et
al floating around this board.

Painrack's comment was remarkably stupid though; The Muslims have
pissed off three of the world's nuclear powers, not a very smart thing
to do; The US, the Russians, and the Chinese.

While the US might have some regrets about nuking first and asking
questions later, the other two sure as hell won't.

And please, Durandal, if you have any idea about how to fucking reform
a religion that will have it's believers call you an apostate and call for
your bloody death if you dare suggest moving away from the one perfect
sheriat law put forth in the Q'uran
, I'd like to hear it.

It's a very high possibility that this current mess will end up with the
annihilation of a large part of the world's population because one of
the Big Powers gets tired of fighting Muslim terrorism and decides
to remove the root cause in one fell stroke.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

So hypothetically, what would result if some terrorist group used a WMD on the continental US, and our response was to go batshit fucking insane?

IE, the President comes on television and says "Yes, we ARE crusaders, and it IS a war on Islam." Mecca is nuked, the culprit country is invaded by ravaging Americans, mosques and other holy sites are systematically burned, Israel is given a free pass to go as crazy as it likes, and all hell breaks loose. Terrorists execute more strikes within the US, Muslim states declare war, but the enraged US just responds with more nukes. The world screams, millions die, Ann Coulter is forced to sit quietly as she no longer has anything to complain about, and Shep has a hard-on for the rest of his life.

Forsaking the moral high ground and showing the terrorists how it's really done does have a sick little appeal to it. But what would actually result?
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:But what would actually result?
Massive radiological contamination of some areas. Why bother sending
americans to pillage the target country. Just remove it from the face
of the earth. Drop several devices over each major population center
in an interlocking claw of death; and then let the aftereffects of the
blast and thermal pulse kill the survivors off, now that we've eliminated
every burn ward in the country.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Most of the radiation would be gone within a week, and the survivors
would be able to walk around with probably 10x increased cancer rates
without dying; although there would be localized hotspots in cities, where
multiple devices detonated close by, causing fallout to pool there, along
with contamination from groundbursts to destroy leadership bunkers and
special weapons installations.

Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

MKSheppard wrote: Drop several devices over each major population center in an interlocking claw of death; and then let the aftereffects of the blast and thermal pulse kill the survivors off, now that we've eliminated every burn ward in the country.
That's just disgusting.
CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

Colonel Olrik wrote:That's just disgusting.
Yes, it is nuklear war.
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Colonel Olrik wrote: That's just disgusting.
But a very efficient way of solving our problems. The Pentagon
Estimates that this war on Radical Islamofascistm may well last 35
years; Do you want an endless line of Tom Ridges and John
Aschcrofts runing your freedoms over those 35 years?

Or do you want everyone your age to be drafted so we can place
every Islamist country under our Imperial rule and begin reforming
their systems from the bottum up to eliminate fanatical islamofascism's
breeding grounds?

To get rid of Mosquitos, you've got to drain the pools of stagnant
water first.....

Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

If the situation realistically demands it, if the gains truly surpass the predictable costs, then nukes are ours to be used. That's good. Having a mental erection at the idea is just disturbing.

edit: and there's the fact that the nukes would be exploding at Europe's doorstep. AFAIK radiation doesn't really care about borders. Try to explain to the Euros and Russians that the air their breath and the water they drink is likely to become somewhat contaminated in the next years, but that's good because the middle east is now a crater.
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

thank god i've got my iodine tablets.....
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

I suspect the Shep has printed out a hardcopy of The Big One and is using it as his bible. :wink:
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Crazy Goji
Padawan Learner

Post by Crazy Goji »

Or has Randy Newman's "Political Science" on his playlist.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Colonel Olrik wrote:edit: and there's the fact that the nukes would be exploding at Europe's doorstep. AFAIK radiation doesn't really care about borders. Try to explain to the Euros and Russians that the air their breath and the water they drink is likely to become somewhat contaminated in the next years, but that's good because the middle east is now a crater.
Prevailing winds are your friend in this case. India is going to be unhappy though.

That said, airbursts really cause very little fallout and such. The destructive aftereffects of an airburst are highly overstated.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Yes, yes, but would unleashing insane asskickage such as described above actually do serious damage to "Islamofascism?" Or would you just have lots of REALLY pissed terrorists? With cancer?
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:Yes, yes, but would unleashing insane asskickage such as described above actually do serious damage to "Islamofascism?" Or would you just have lots of REALLY pissed terrorists? With cancer?
It could be argued that we could not make them anymore hostile towards us. Our very culture and existence is enough for them to justify such terrorist actions. If they had the armies of yesteryear, I wouldn't be surprised to see yet another Crusade with a new addition; the United State of America.

On the other hand, while we have the means to wipe out a sizeable chunk of the Middle-East and with it some very radical minds, it does not mean we should follow that route. Given we are currently the owners of not only the high-ground, but the moral high-ground it would be pretty questionable for us to initiate a strategic nuclear strike. Sure we would win, but at what cost? How does vapourising and irradiating millions of innocents count as a "win"? That's not even a win in a real sense. There's nothing to stop the many other, surviving Islam followers from turning to terrorist actions against us. You know, they tend to notice something is up when cartographers are called in to redraw the Middle-East to resemble the surface of the Moon.

In anycase, it's a "what if..." and one that the History Politics and Current Affairs board is better dealing with usually. I wouldn't rule out nukes, I just hope the person pressing the button has a damn good idea about what he/she has let themselves in for and the rest of the world for that matter.
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

We can’t leave well enough alone. Period. The Second World War definitively proved that the United States cannot successfully effect “Splendid Isolation” any longer. Any attempt to withdraw from the world stage and “regress” to a strictly domestic focus would be absolutely disingenuous. Put simply, this country’s “internal” affairs are so vastly important to the outside world economically, politically, and socially that no matter to what extent any politician here promise to “put our house in order” and nothing more, they’d be lying through their teeth. In a very real sense, we don’t really have “internal” affairs at all anymore. After all, what does it say that a huge part of John Kerry’s platform for election in November is a promise to “set things right” with our traditional European allies, or that the European Union awaits election day in this country with nearly the same eagerness as voters on this side of the Atlantic?

A withdrawal from the Middle East is impossible. “Blowback” is going to continue whether or not we pull out of Saudi Arabia, and whether or not we pull out of Iraq. Insurgents there have already pledged to bring the fight to the United States even if we were to leave tomorrow. We would still have reason to intervene frequently – be it diplomatically or militarily – even if oil, God forbid, suddenly disappeared. And we will have to continue doing so despite the onset of alternative fuels. The Middle East won’t stop being a powder keg once overt exploitation of its resources ends. Bitterness and anger doesn’t subside because one particular match is over, or because one team graciously leaves the field after a given bout.

Bush may have oversimplified when he condemned men like Osama bin Laden as one-dimensionally evil, but he wasn’t far off the mark, either. Even under a logical magnifying glass, none of bin Laden’s rhetoric is particularly helpful in determining the source of his anger. His blaming the United States for “occupying” Saudi Arabia after 1991 doesn’t make any sense at all when one considers the alternative: another invasion by Iraq. Rather, Osama bin Laden is a product of a failed series of societies whose corrupt leadership and lengthy history of exploitation by all sides have generated legions of young men (and women) who feel that their only means of impact is violence – and who are currently channeling their anger at the most obvious target. That won’t end until the societies themselves change. And thus we have the option of invasion.
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

sheriat law put forth in the Q'uran, I'd like to hear it.
Put dictators in power in every major Islamic nation. Have them pass laws making it a crime, punishible by death, to teach that the Q'uran as the literal and only truth of God.
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:
sheriat law put forth in the Q'uran, I'd like to hear it.
Put dictators in power in every major Islamic nation. Have them pass laws making it a crime, punishible by death, to teach that the Q'uran as the literal and only truth of God.
Wouldn't that lead to uprisings?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
frigidmagi
Sith Devotee

Post by frigidmagi »

Those dictatiors would be overthrown in 5 years top and they would hate us even more.

Not a good plan.
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

frigidmagi wrote:Those dictatiors would be overthrown in 5 years top and they would hate us even more.

Not a good plan.
Just need find "bloodthirsty" enough dictators who are willing to rule with iron fists. Ones willing to crush dissent with cruel executions - or put down uprisings with nerve gas. For every soldier/policemen (or any other government offical) that is killed or "disappears", they'll kill 50 random people in the city/town in happens in. Its evil almost on the level of the Nazis, but it beats turning dozens of nations into glass.
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

frigidmagi wrote:Those dictatiors would be overthrown in 5 years top and they would hate us even more.

Not a good plan.
No one overthrew Saddam in that timeframe...