Euros have an evil gun culture!

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Coyote wrote:Bear in mind it does not say what kinds of guns are allowed. I believe-- corect me if I'm wrong-- that a French gun law states that any weapo that has ever ben used in any nation's military forces canot be owned legally. So that means that a 1776 Brown Bess flintlock would be classified a 'dangerous military firearm'.

I wonder if this means that any civilian firearm that was ever proven to be used in a guerrilla ation could also be rounded up at whim as a 'weapon of war'.....
Errm no that only applies to post-1945 items.
Supermod
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

SPOOFE wrote:Furthermore, if you take Switzerland out of the inclusion in the stats, mentioned in the article, I'd bet that you lose half the guns right there.
Since Switzerland isn't a member of the EU it was never included in those stats in the first place.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Thanks, Frank, I thought was all military or ex-military firearms.

But as to the Europeans.... so they have a Gun Culture that rivals America's....

The vilest political philosophies: Imperialism, Colonialism, Slavery, Comunism, Nazism.... originted in Europe, also sparking humanity's greatest and most destructive wars....

Europe has a history of monarcy and theocratic rule left behind only in the last hundred years, and not completely at that... for most of their history they have been ruled by kings and bishops, and sparked one of the bloodiest religious wars ever.....

Europeans at various times in history arrogantly divided the world into various territories and spheres and brutally occupied vast continents, raping the environment and plundering natural resources to feed consumerism at home.....

They refuse to execute their deadliest criminals and ignore genocides going on in next-door countries....

Compared to America's list of crimes, I can only hope that one day those barbaric Europeans can elevate themselves to civilized and humane American standards of decency! :P :lol: :twisted:

Otherwise, I can't see what they complain about in America so much!
Heeheehee.....
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Since Switzerland isn't a member of the EU it was never included in those stats in the first place.
I noted that they mentioned the EU, but they first started off by saying Europeans in general, so I didn't know if they were referring to all of Europe, or just the Union.
The Great and Malignant
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

SPOOFE wrote:
I noted that they mentioned the EU, but they first started off by saying Europeans in general, so I didn't know if they were referring to all of Europe, or just the Union.
I think it deals with just the union, the article just uses Europe as though it were synonymous with EU.
"Contrary to the common assumption that Europeans are virtually unarmed, an estimated 84 million firearms are legally held in the 15 member states of the EU. Of these, 80 per cent - 67 million guns - are in civilian hands," the report states.
But in some EU countries, domestic gun ownership is surprisingly high. According to Aaron Karp, co-author of the report: "Citizens of most European countries are more heavily armed than they realise, with an average of 17.4 guns per 100 people in the 15 EU countries alone."
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Oberleutnant wrote:I've been longing for shooting few rounds with a gun for a long time. I guess the next twelve months in the military will remove that problem. :P
One year conscripts in a western army have to rank was one of the largest possibul wastes of money on the history of the worlds militaries.
Indeed, to be of any use they should be in for two and a half years, with 5 years in the reserves with plenty of practice to keep them up to par.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------