Illegal immigrants 1 step closer to CA driver's license

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Durran, we have minimum wage laws for a fucking reason, and that reason is to prevent people from being exploited. The market is not laissez-faire, at any rate.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

The reason is to prevent people from being exploited. The reality is unemployment. Teenagers, the group most affected by the minimum wage, consistently have double-digit unemployment, while the rate holds near to the natural rate in all other demographics.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Except for inner city blacks, of course. The rate is usually around 8-9 percent there, although no doubt it is higher with the recession.

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

I simply dont understand the mentality of some of the people in this state. They actually go out of their way to advocate for illegals. Their attitude is strange. Say you are from Reno and want to go to San Jose State. You pay out of state fees. But if you are here illegally, you should pay the same rates as a California residence because obviously you are being oppressed by whitey if you cant go to school here cheaper than American citizens from other states.
:roll:
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Sea Skimmer wrote:California needs Arnold and a senate and house stacked in his favor right now.
AMEN! So it is true that he is running?

Couldn't be any worse than Davis...
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Nathan F wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:California needs Arnold and a senate and house stacked in his favor right now.
AMEN! So it is true that he is running?

Couldn't be any worse than Davis...
The Dems will probably run a stronger candidate than Davis against Arnie, because it would be a shoe-in for him if they did (Davis is extremely unpopular at this point).

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Durran Korr wrote: Controlling maritime immigration is quite a bit easier than making sure no immigrants cross over a very large border.
Say it with me...

Laaand mines
how I loooove you...

From Mr Toe Popper
to Miss Bouncing Betty...

You never sleeep

Nor need rest...

Keep on maiming!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Post by Raoul Duke, Jr. »

MKSheppard wrote:
Durran Korr wrote: Controlling maritime immigration is quite a bit easier than making sure no immigrants cross over a very large border.
Say it with me...

Laaand mines
how I loooove you...

From Mr Toe Popper
to Miss Bouncing Betty...

You never sleeep

Nor need rest...

Keep on maiming!
Bouncing Betty is one evil bitch -- but I'd still favor a cactus wielding a Claymore.
apocolypse
Jedi Knight

Post by apocolypse »

This shit REALLY pisses me off. But IMO Cali is kinda fucked in general when it comes to immigration. IIRC the republicans before Davis tried to enact measures to help stop illegals and to cut off any benefits they would receive while in Cali, but the latino bloc turned against the republicans, and now the democrats are in greater control. It's like a catch-22, you can't easily pass legislation without the latin vote, yet latinos won't vote for something that (they would perceive) goes against their own kind. I wish the feds would landmine the boarder, or use greater militias....just something besides letting the boarder states get slammed with more illegals draining the economy.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

At this rate, why don't we just borrow Bill Gates' pocketbook and annex Mexico?
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I rather like my xenophobic friend's idea.

"We invade Mexico, put little microchips in the heads of everyone there, and when they try and cross the border, BOOM! Their heads explode."

Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Well, there's always that other option:

Turn Mexico into a glass parking lot, and dump all the malls over there.