Matrix defense killings

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Twinkies, he should have used Twinkies....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Seggybop wrote:
Solauren wrote:It's called responsible parenting. This kid should obviously have never been allowed to go to movies like that, or watch TV like that.
You advocate preventing people from seeing things like the Matrix? That's worthless. It's cutting the problem too far along the line. The person should be taught not to be an idiot, not kept from watching things after they've become one.
Oh, I think you mis-understood.

First, the parents in this case should have been doing a better job from the start. I mean, it sounds like this kid was, for lack of a better term, a spaz. (I use that as my catch all word for nuts like this kid)

If he was not, then there was no way to know that he could be set off.

However, if there was a clue he could have been set off, then he shouldn't have been exposed to it.

I think of stuff like this, stuff that sets people of, like a mental allergic reaction of sorts.
In this case, this kid had a mental allergic reaction to the Matrix. This kid in particular should not have been exposed to the Matrix, or any violence like that. He wasn't able to handle it.

I guess an analogy would be military training. You just don't drop a civilian into combat and expect him to be able to handle it.

By that token, somewhere along the line, this kids 'training' obviously didn't take, or couldn't take.

When ya get down to it, the kid is a spaz, no one realised it, and now his parents are dead. Ultimately, it's not the movies fault. It is either his parents (no offense to the dead, no one deserves to be murdered), the kids, or perhaps someone that fucked up his mind.

It could be his parents fault if they didn't do a good job raising him. You know the "oh, boy's will be boy's, he will grow out of it, so let him" or "he's a good boy, he doesn't need our supervision or interaction" or "he's just a loner" type stuff. You don't let someone grow out of a bad phase, unless it's a case of it's-a-harmless-hobby-obsession (i.e constant butterfly collecting, bug hunting, bike riding) or them not wanting to eat something, or developing a new interest that is surprising but harmless (i.e the sterotypical jock that suddenly develops an incredible like for Sci-Fi).

If any of these were the causes of the boys mental aberation, poor parents.

If it's just the kids a fuck up, the courts will see through that defense (they do on stuff like that all the time. i.e the recent WindShield killer case, beat-down killings they blame on pro-wrestling, the Son of Sam, etc) and send him up the river.

if it's someone fucking with his head (drugs, someone could with mind games, or a sick-sick girl) they will get through that.

In the end, this is just the media focusing on the wrong aspect of a story to sell newspapers.

The headline should have read
"Teenager kills parents, tried to blame movie"
And then replace all references to the matrix specifically with 'movie in question', references to agents with 'movie villans', etc
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Tortures usually wrong, but in this case we should make an execption. Studidity of this level deserves a lot of pain. A lot.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
nechronius
Youngling

Post by nechronius »

Well I'm glad I'm not the only primitive bloodlusting troglodyte around here who believes in social darwinism in cases such as this...
Kicking dumb asses since 1974
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

Seriously, what the frell was this nut case thinking?!