Shut up! Sit down! Fearless Leader demands obedience!

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Shut up! Sit down! Fearless Leader demands obedience!

Post by HemlockGrey »

The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Ah, excellent, the leftist 9/11 quotes are pure gold.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

There's actually a lot of stuff on there I agree with...and then I lot of stuff I *don't* agree with.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

bookmarked.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

That site wrote: Frank Tips for Meeting With Jacques Chirac
By Frank J:

President Bush will be meeting with Jacques Chirac today for the first time since the war, so I have some tips for him about the meeting:

* Start by working the body. You'll want to start slow, which means a series of punches to his gut.

* Use object in the room around you. This doesn't just mean to pick up those objects and break them over Chirac, put to also use Chriac's head to break objects that are too big to pick up.

* Make sure to build up some momentum before smashing his head into the wall. You'll need some good momentum to leave a nice impression in the drywall.

* Avoid the sleeper hold. It's pointless if he's unconscious.

* Remember your joints. Joints such as your knee and elbow make great blunt weapons. Don't forget to use them.

* Use your body weight. Eventually it will become tiresome to keep propping Chirac up. Then you may want to do some elbow drops on him.

* When he is down, Texas Two-Step. Like I have to remind you.

* This isn't boxing; all blows are legal. Some may say it's unsporting to go for the groin, but I say it makes a nice finale after you've thoroughly beaten him through other means.

In the end, diplomacy is a fluid thing, and you really have to read the other party and adjust your strategy according. Just don't be afraid to be creative. Godspeed, Mr. President.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

It seems to be devoid of fundies so far, too (one guy even praised Darwinism in an article about the rain forest).

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Great humor section.

Cyaround,
Jason --> :lol:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Most of the humor is pretty neutral politically, and it's pretty funny too.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB