Texas 7 yr old girl shot road rage/ PainRack excuse to rant about gun laws.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Texas 7 yr old girl shot road rage/ PainRack excuse to rant about gun laws.

Post by PainRack »

https://abc13.com/road-rage-shooting-7- ... /13485086/

She said she switched lanes again, to let the Lexus pass, but the driver followed. Then, she heard three shots.

"She screamed, 'Mommy!' And she started crying. And I'm like, 'What happened, mama? Mama, What happened? You're OK. You're OK.' And she's like, 'Mommy, it hurts.' So I stopped my car and got down," Sabio said.

Through the side of the red Nissan, Luna had been shot twice while sitting in the backseat. Video of the car shows the bullet holes in the side.
A 7 old girl was shot because the driver got angry at the mom being tardy in driving off....

Why is this important ?

Texas recently passed permitless carry laws .

What does the science tell us when that happens?

https://ideas.repec.org/p/nbr/nberwo/23510.html
Our synthetic control approach also strongly confirms that RTC laws are associated with 13-15 percent higher aggregate violent crime rates ten years after adoption
Relaxing gun laws is associated with rise in violent crimes .

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-polic ... uries.html

In the 11 states that were part of the sample, the authors found a suggestive effect consistent with shall-issue laws increasing unintentional firearm injuries for children under age 18 and a statistically significant effect of these laws increasing self-inflicted firearm injuries among those aged 18 or older. Specifically, the estimate suggests that, after a state implemented a shall-issue law, unintentional firearm injuries among those aged 18 or older were more than twice as frequent as would be expected without the law, which would be extraordinary if true. However, the estimated effects of shall-issue laws in this study were based primarily on one state that changed its law during the study time frame (Arizona); thus, the study offers little evidence that the observed effects are due to the change in the law rather than to other factors affecting the state's unintentional injury rate that occurred around the same time the law was changed.
Just like bars used to ban drinkers from carrying guns for a reason....

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36383941/

We found that having less regs on carrying a gun increased the prevalence of guns being carried.

Its shouldn't be difficult to extrapolate from these three facts what that means in terms of innocent children being shot in Texas.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Re: Texas 7 yr old girl shot road rage and changes in gun laws.

Post by Ralin »

So did this guy have a permit? Did he just start carrying or was he already doing so before these new laws passed?
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Ralin wrote: 2023-07-13 04:10pm So did this guy have a permit? Did he just start carrying or was he already doing so before these new laws passed?
Not caught yet.

But this isn't an isolated incident.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 405650007/
A Texas woman died after being shot in a road-rage incident on Monday, police said.

According to a police statement, Paola Nunez Linares, 37 was in the passenger seat of the car with her husband who was driving near Hurst, between Fort Worth and Dallas.
Just 4 days ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/08/us/eight ... index.html

This was last week after a rage incident at a party.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Painrack, I'm all for gun regulation.

However, going 'oh look, carry permits = road rage', without the shooter being caught? That's just piss-poor reasoning.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

PainRack wrote: 2023-07-13 04:25pm
Not caught yet.

So what you're saying is that the title and first part of your post was a complete non-sequitor and you just want to rant about gun control in general.
So did that shooter start carrying due to the new laws or were they already doing that anyway?
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Ralin wrote: 2023-07-14 01:00am
PainRack wrote: 2023-07-13 04:25pm
Not caught yet.

So what you're saying is that the title and first part of your post was a complete non-sequitor and you just want to rant about gun control in general.
So did that shooter start carrying due to the new laws or were they already doing that anyway?
No. This is me describing a pattern of behaviour.

4 ppl dead from being shot in road rage incidents this year since March, with multiple "angry" shooting incidents happening this year, including 3 in the last week resulting in 5 dead and multiple wounded.

I then explained WHY these incidents are happening by showing you studies showing a causative effect on how relaxed laws vis such carrying increased the frequency of such incident.

You however try to obsfucate by going well, I must show that this specific shooter MUST be shown to be carrying due to the relaxation of said laws.

Why?

We know that post pandemic, increased number of road rage shootings have occurred.
https://www.ksat.com/news/2022/08/23/te ... ort-finds/

Essentially after the stressful events of Covid and where Americans now seemingly don't know how to be graceful in Public anymore, with citizens snarling with masks down on planes, the incidence of rage fueled shooting has increased.

And they increased particularly in Texas, which changed the laws in 2021 to allow relaxed carrying of guns.the restricted carrying of guns is known to reduce the number of such rage fueled shootings, as shown by the multiple studies I cited.

The induction is clear. Or do I need a signed statement by everyone involved ?

Hell, do I need a signed statement that increased DUI happens when more people go around drinking ?
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

So can a passing mod change the thread title? Because clearly it's misleading seeing as PainRack has no intention of talking about the actual road rage event. One might even say it's only there to be deliberately inflammatory.
PainRack wrote: 2023-07-14 05:04am I then explained WHY these incidents are happening by showing you studies showing a causative effect on how relaxed laws vis such carrying increased the frequency of such incident.

You however try to obsfucate by going well, I must show that this specific shooter MUST be shown to be carrying due to the relaxation of said laws.
So that's a no, you have absolutely no idea whether either of these cases had anything to do with the new carry laws
Hell, do I need a signed statement that increased DUI happens when more people go around drinking ?
No but if you post a story about a drunk driving accident and then go on about how new ID laws are causing a spike in underage drinking it would fucking matter how old the driver was.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I AGREE WITH RALIN HERE.

YOU TITLED THIS THREAD ABOUT A ROAD RAGE INCIDENT, THEN GAVE US ABSOLUTELY *NO INFORMATION* ABOUT THE INCIDENT ITSELF, BUT IMMEDIATELY STARTED TRYING TO BLAME TEXAS' NEW GUN LAWS FOR THE INCIDENT.

I'D CALL THIS FALSE ADVERTISING, OR BAIT AND SWITCH.

THREAD LOCKED.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet