Intelligence Officials Say US Has Retrieved Craft of Non-Human Origin

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Re: Intelligence Officials Say US Has Retrieved Craft of Non-Human Origin

Post by bilateralrope »

That release isn't going to convince anyone. Nothing released will show anything unusual enough to suggest alien activity. The believers will have some line about how they think the government is holding back the real proof.

Though it could poke some of the crazier Republicans to say even stupider things.
KraytKing
Jedi Knight

Post by KraytKing »

I don't believe much will be released to the wider public. I think we have all we'll get: the implication that Congress found Grusch to be believable, thus bolstering the credibility of his claims to the public. That departments of the federal government are getting slapped around for lying to Congress, which both betrays the internal discord of the US federal government and the current potential swing in power back towards Congress.

The document is long, the text thorough. It isn't a slapdash bit of political theater like Hawley's bill regarding copyright law or whatever shit MTG and Boebert cook up. It's sponsored by major influential players on both sides of the aisle. This is a serious bit of legislation that seems like it really is intended to declassify a very specific set of data: UAPs, which this text defines NOT as "something we saw and didn't recognize," but "lacking prosaic attribution."

From the document:
(14) Prosaic attribution.--The term ``prosaic attribution''
means having a human (either foreign or domestic) origin and
operating according to current, proven, and generally
understood scientific and engineering principles and
established laws-of-nature and not attributable to non-human
intelligence.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
--Mace

The Old Testament has as much validity for the foundation of a religion as the pattern my recent case of insect bites formed on my ass.
--Solauren

I always get nervous when I hear the word Christian.
--Mountain

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

The prosaic attribution seems like a well thought out method of easily permitting records to remain hidden of say super secret sramjet powered high tech spy planes but forcing actual spooky X-File aliens into the open.
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Skeptoid took a look at one of the UFO examples Grusch mentioned to Congress: Mussolini's Aliens.

It's about what you'd expect from a UFO crank having to testify under oath.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

bilateralrope wrote: 2023-09-11 09:29am Skeptoid took a look at one of the UFO examples Grusch mentioned to Congress: Mussolini's Aliens.

Would such a far-fetched story count as lying under Oath?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Solauren wrote: 2023-09-11 05:18pm
bilateralrope wrote: 2023-09-11 09:29am Skeptoid took a look at one of the UFO examples Grusch mentioned to Congress: Mussolini's Aliens.

Would such a far-fetched story count as lying under Oath?
depends I suppose as far as I can recall "lying under oath" refers to intentionally saying something you know not to be true, if you honestly believe in what you say even the story is so far-fetched you needed a FTL drive to pick it up it might not count since you're not technically lying.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

So the guy claiming the government knows about aliens and was using his credentials as the only support for his claims... turns out to be a crackpot repeating the same old debunked hoaxes. Wow, couldn't have predicted that. :roll:
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Formless wrote: 2023-09-12 12:05am So the guy claiming the government knows about aliens and was using his credentials as the only support for his claims... turns out to be a crackpot repeating the same old debunked hoaxes. Wow, couldn't have predicted that. :roll:
Don't forget that he's attached to a group who has been putting out UFO BS for decades.