UKRAINE WAR - 1 YEAR AND GOING.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: UKRAINE WAR - 1 YEAR AND GOING.

Post by LadyTevar »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2024-01-01 12:19pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2024-01-01 10:26am More battles have been won by lies and deceptions than by straight fights. See how the Brits got the Germans to believe D-Day was happening at different beaches.
Wasn't our first rodeo either, we did the same thing the year before to fool them into thinking we were invading Greece instead of Sicily, via Operation Mincemeat.
Not to mention all the tanks and planes they created out of plywood and paper, to fool aircraft spying into thinking we had a battallion that didn't exist.

IIRC that's also been used in Ukraine recently to fool drones into wasting their payload.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

LadyTevar wrote: 2024-01-01 10:26am So where are you getting YOUR Intel, Vympel?
Who's supplying the information to your news sources? OSINT? Russia's Equivalent? American or European Sources, who are relying on Ukrainian sources?
Please look at what I've posted in this thread and tell me what countries they're from. Unlike LaCroix, I post URLs and quotes. Like this is fucking laughable - in comparison, LaCroix doesn't post any sources at all, ever. They just repeat some random shit they clearly got from some idiot on Ukrainian telegram or twitter or somewhere, and doesn't even bother to provide a quote or URL of where they got it from or what evidence they have to support it.

The only obvious criteria for posting it, clearly, is whether LaCroix finds it ideologically pleasing. Not even basic, two-second checks to determine whether what is being said is true (e.g. "the Be-12 was brought back into service")

This thread, thanks largely to their efforts, is an echo chamber of delusion and moron-tier claims. It's a joke.

Like I can go to randomly any post he makes and find a lie or an absurd claim. Here's an example from November:
LaCroix wrote: 2023-11-24 02:11pm Also, we all remember the video of people ramming missiles into GRAD launcher tubes via wodden boxes as rams...
Seems the Grenades supplied by North Korea are built to the same eye for detail regarding specifications, just that they are a little too small. Which means they do chamber alright in the cannons, but once they are fired, the gasses leak and "overtake" the projectile...

The mind boggles at how much of a moron you'd have to be to think that this is true. North Korean artillery shells are "little too small" and blowing up Russian artillery barrels! Those incompetent Russians, noone checked!

Is there any source for LaCroix's claim provided? No.

Ok, what about this random photograph?

Well - it's from a reddit post 8 months old. How much older the photograph is than that, who can say - but it was definitely taken well before the Russians were reported to have taken on large amounts of North Korean 152mm shell supplies (i.e. late 2023)

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVide ... ed_barrel/

Here's where it was first posted on twitter, around the same time:

https://twitter.com/aloha9916/status/16 ... 0802525184

The URL there takes us to ... a Russian telegram channel, with the simple message that "shit happens". Nothing about North Korea, surprisingly!

In reality, this is probably just wear and tear. It can happen to artillery barrels when they fire thousands of rounds. Like to this Ukrainian AHS Krab, and who knows how many other guns we've never seen.

The idea that this is some sort of 'North Korean' issue or some such is just transparently racist cope, like producing an artillery shell is some sort of arcane art that those barbaric Norks haven't mastered even though the technology is basically unchanged from 100 years ago.

You don't need to be an expert to sniff out this bullshit. I did this in 5 minutes. You just need to be careful not to willingly huff the farts of propagandists all day.
Right now, I'd say YOUR SOURCES are more biased than LaCroix's sources
Really? Western media is more biased that LaCroix's sources? How could that be possible? To list my sources from my posts in this thread so far:

1. CNN.
2. New York Times
3. TIME Magazine
4. New York Times, again
5. The Daily Mail
6. New York Times again
7. Politico
8. Defense One
9. Reuters

Near every single source is western media that have been solidly, nay rabidly pro-Ukraine since the war began.
After all, LaCroix lives in Austria, which is closer to the problem and therefore the media is interested in getting things as clear as possible.
Not a shred of what LaCroix is saying is from Austrian media lmao. It's just dogshit for ignoramuses that he's slurping up from social media - fables, anecdotes and pleasing tales that are actively misleading as to what the fundmanental issues of the war actually are.
LaCroix wrote: 2024-01-01 10:29am Again, nothing but insults and twisted responses evading the point, and making up strawmen.
Yeah, you're a chickenshit, who is obviously incapable of engaging on any substantive point. Keep belching out Ukrainian propaganda, sorry to bother you by being here to call bullshit now.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Russia is using what they call precision munitions to hit a maternity hospital so either they are incompetent or they are the worst kind of fecal matter. Either way, all they have to do to end this is take their shit and gtfo of Ukraine. Honestly, the US should send the Ike through the Dardanelles and into the black sea and put paid to these assholes.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Zwinmar wrote: 2024-01-02 08:39am Russia is using what they call precision munitions to hit a maternity hospital so either they are incompetent or they are the worst kind of fecal matter. Either way, all they have to do to end this is take their shit and gtfo of Ukraine. Honestly, the US should send the Ike through the Dardanelles and into the black sea and put paid to these assholes.
Hospitals, plural :evil:
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Vympel wrote: 2024-01-02 06:31am
After all, LaCroix lives in Austria, which is closer to the problem and therefore the media is interested in getting things as clear as possible.
Not a shred of what LaCroix is saying is from Austrian media lmao. It's just dogshit for ignoramuses that he's slurping up from social media - fables, anecdotes and pleasing tales that are actively misleading as to what the fundmanental issues of the war actually are.
Also, why is geographic proximity to the subject matter a thing? We routinely laugh at US media coverage of US issues.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Zwinmar wrote: 2024-01-02 08:39am Russia is using what they call precision munitions to hit a maternity hospital so either they are incompetent or they are the worst kind of fecal matter. Either way, all they have to do to end this is take their shit and gtfo of Ukraine. Honestly, the US should send the Ike through the Dardanelles and into the black sea and put paid to these assholes.
Turkey's policy is to not let anyone's aircraft carriers through the Bosporus, coming or going, even if we did want to start a shooting war with Russia.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

This thread is glowing white-hot radioactive, so I’ll advise everyone to cool it down with the flames and insults. Tensions are high and everyone has an opinion they’re ferociously defending, I get it. But let’s not turn it into a total meltdown.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Turkey has received who knows how much aid from the US over the years? Seems like every other year another MEU is over their providing earthquake relief, so, they can act like an ally and play ball or lose the aid.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Zwinmar wrote: 2024-01-02 10:26pm Turkey has received who knows how much aid from the US over the years? Seems like every other year another MEU is over their providing earthquake relief, so, they can act like an ally and play ball or lose the aid.
Speaking of Turkey...
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey said on Tuesday it would not allow two British minehunter ships to transit its waters enroute to the Black Sea for use by Ukraine since it would violate an international pact concerning wartime passage of the straits.

Britain said last month it would transfer two Royal Navy minehunter ships to the Ukrainian Navy to help strengthen Ukraine's sea operations in its war with Russia.

NATO member Turkey informed allies that it would not allow the vessels to use its Bosphorus and Dardanelles straits as long as the war in Ukraine continues, said the presidency's communications directorate.

When Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine in 2022, Turkey triggered the 1936 Montreux Convention, effectively blocking passage of military ships for the warring parties. The pact exempts ships returning to home bases.
Turkey has implemented Montreux impartially and meticulously to prevent escalation in the Black Sea, the presidency said.

Ankara maintains good ties with both Kyiv and Moscow amid the war.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Again, russia threw a billion dollar of ordenance at random buildings.

During this strike, 10 Khinzal were shot down by patriot, proving that this sytem has the capability to reliably deal with those missiles. Other systems lack it.

During that strike (russian mod admitted it) some missiles malfunctioned and hit a russian town.

On the frontlines: russians received a very expensive counterbattery radar to the front lines. Ukrainian drone footage (readily available at telegram) confims its presence , and the himars strikes rendering it inoperable.

Other than that, nothing but some rumbling over the bad greenscreen use during putins ny speech, where his neck keeps clipping through the imagery of him speaking with the Kremlin in the background, and the badly faked video of hin talking to some 'wounded' soldiers, who are all sitting in a conference room, have all their limbs, no visible wounds, and are all burly men with no visible discomfort, sitting around watching him talk. Most likely, he just stuck his bodyguards into hospital gowns. Putin is far too paranoid to let anyone else sit that close to him
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Oh, i forgot.
Norway has cleared up legal issues, and now will be supplying ammunition and weapons directly.

A czech company previously ony supplying 122mm rounds has opened up lines to supply 155mm ammo to ukraine. Currently 150k annual capacity, but they are going to expand as quickly as possibly, given that they are going to sell every round they make.

There have been images of obviously indian-made 155 shells being used by ukrainian forces. If there is any more info on that surfacing, I'll give an update.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Man LaCroix. Vympel has a point. You're making a whole bunch of claims in those last couple posts without giving a source. Like, any source. At all.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Because I am quoting readily availabe news. All the footage is online, and I am not going to start a youtube channel or whatever.
I simply do not have the time to do so.

Indian shells? they showed up on footage of the Uraine using a crab howitzer, and people immediately pointed it out.

Speculations are still ongoing how they arrived.
https://idrw.org/indian-artillery-ammo- ... new-delhi/
https://www.eurasiantimes.com/indian-15 ... e-despite/

The yastreb - there's footage, and its also in the news.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2 ... artillery/

The numbers and other facts I get?
https://www.facebook.com/GeneralStaff.ua
https://www.understandingwar.org/
Various bloggers with us military background.

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

LaCroix wrote: 2024-01-03 05:03am Because I am quoting readily availabe news. All the footage is online, and I am not going to start a youtube channel or whatever.
I simply do not have the time to do so.
It's no excuse to say this is "readily available". Readily available where, claimed by who?

You have plenty of time to write long posts making all sorts of outlandish claims that as seen above I dismantled in about five minutes through the use of google, the time it would take you to post a URL or a quote would be totally insignifcant. It is standard practice to post links to things you are referring to.
The numbers and other facts I get?
https://www.facebook.com/GeneralStaff.ua
https://www.understandingwar.org/
Various bloggers with us military background.
LMAO - the Ukrainian General Staff! Surely to be a reliable, unbiased source of news. Let's check in on their latest Russian loss claims per 6 hours ago.
The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 03.01.24 were approximately:
329 aircraft
324 helicopters
Yep. Real credible!

Literally no serious military commentator on the war anywhere, takes Ukrainian General Staff claims seriously, for obvious reasons. They are transparently fraudulent and exaggerated, and their ludicrous aircraft/helicopter claims in particular illustrate that.

If you dispute that, by all means, please tell me what makes up these 329 aircraft and 324 helicopters. I'd love to see the numerical breakdown by type.

Anyway, in yet another example of ignoring pleasing anecdotes and looking at the big picture:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... ussia-war/
With Western aid stalled, Ukrainian troops run low on artillery shells

KYIV — Ukrainian forces are suffering from a shortage of artillery shells on the front line, prompting some units to cancel planned assaults, soldiers said, and stoking fears over how long Kyiv’s troops will be able to hold their ground against continuing Russian attacks.

The ammunition shortage is deepening the already palpable anxiety in the Ukrainian capital, as U.S. and European aid stalls and winter sets in.

“Our gunners are given a limit of shells for each target,” said a member of the 128th Mountain Assault Brigade, which is fighting in the southeastern Zaporizhzhia region.

“If the target there is smaller — for example, a mortar position — then they give five or seven shells in total,” he said in an interview last week, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.

“The guys are tired — very tired,” he said. “They are still motivated — many people understand that they have no other choice.”

“But you can’t win a war only on motivation,” he continued. “You should have some kind of a numerical advantage, and with the weapons and weapons systems, it only gets worse and worse. How long can we last? It’s hard to say, but it can’t be long. Everyone understands this.”

Artem, 31, a gunner in the 148th Artillery Brigade who fires a 155mm howitzer, said his unit found a “dramatic” difference in stocks of shells after recently relocating from the southern front in Zaporizhzhia to positions in the east.

Artem said his unit was now firing just 10 to 20 shells per day at enemy targets, while previously it used an average of 50 shells, and sometimes up to 90. He spoke on the condition that he be identified only by first name in keeping with Ukrainian military rules.

“If the situation doesn’t change, or even worsens, we will not be able to suppress them and they will push us back,” Artem said. “What can you do with 10 shells per day? It is barely enough to respond to their advances — we are not even talking about attacking their positions.”

Insufficient supplies of shells have been a persistent problem for Ukraine since Russia invaded in February 2022.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed the current shortage during his year-end news conference last week, though he insisted that the military was holding strong.
And it goes on.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Dalton wrote: 2024-01-02 07:47pm This thread is glowing white-hot radioactive, so I’ll advise everyone to cool it down with the flames and insults. Tensions are high and everyone has an opinion they’re ferociously defending, I get it. But let’s not turn it into a total meltdown.
For those who might have missed this.

Calm down, chill with the insults and no flamewars. I can and will temp-ban folk if it gets bad again.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

LaCroix wrote: 2024-01-03 03:16am Again, russia threw a billion dollar of ordenance at random buildings.

During this strike, 10 Khinzal were shot down by patriot, proving that this sytem has the capability to reliably deal with those missiles. Other systems lack it.
Please be serious. Ukraine hasn't been able to shoot down a single one of the over 300 Kh-22/32 missiles which have been fired at it and they've somehow downed a bunch of Kinzhals which are far harder to shoot down?

https://www.eurasiantimes.com/nasams-uk ... ms-failed/
In the aftermath of a significant onslaught targeting cities throughout Ukraine, Air Force spokesperson Yuriy Ihnat disclosed that the country’s air defense units were unable to thwart any of the Kh-22 supersonic cruise missiles launched during the attack.
Since the commencement of the full-scale invasion, Russian forces have launched roughly 300 Kh-22 missiles at Ukraine. Notably, none of these missiles were intercepted by air defense systems.
They can't even hit something that's going less than half the speed of Kinzhal and you believe their claims of being able to intercept 90-100% of the Kinzhals used against them? Unless of course you count blocking the missile with its intended target as an interception, in which case I can believe 100% of the Kinzhals were successfully intercepted.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

And yet that same source also claims the opposite
The year 2024 began on a tumultuous note for Ukraine, as it came under a massive attack on the first two days, with the capital Kyiv targeted with an array of Russia’s cutting-edge missiles, including hypersonic Kinzhal, on the morning of January 2.

At around 8 am, the Ukrainian Air Force reported: “Several more Kinzhals heading towards Kyiv!” Within half an hour of this first announcement, the Air Force said the Kh-47M2 Kinzhal aeroballistic missile launch was recorded again and warned they were flying towards Kyiv, according to reports.

According to a statement from the Ukrainian Air Force, all ten Kh-47M2 Kinzhal hypersonic missiles fired from MiG-31K aircraft were intercepted by Ukrainian air defenses. If these claims are true, this may be an incredible milestone for the Ukrainian military, given that Moscow has projected the Kinzhal as an invincible weapon that can easily penetrate enemy defenses.

This January 2 missile attack targeted military, industrial, civilian, and critical infrastructure locations, with the main objective being the capital of Ukraine. Besides Kyiv, several other oblasts were targeted in the early morning missile raid as Russia has intensified its aerial attacks on Ukraine once again.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2024-01-03 12:09pm And yet that same source also claims the opposite
The year 2024 began on a tumultuous note for Ukraine, as it came under a massive attack on the first two days, with the capital Kyiv targeted with an array of Russia’s cutting-edge missiles, including hypersonic Kinzhal, on the morning of January 2.

At around 8 am, the Ukrainian Air Force reported: “Several more Kinzhals heading towards Kyiv!” Within half an hour of this first announcement, the Air Force said the Kh-47M2 Kinzhal aeroballistic missile launch was recorded again and warned they were flying towards Kyiv, according to reports.

According to a statement from the Ukrainian Air Force, all ten Kh-47M2 Kinzhal hypersonic missiles fired from MiG-31K aircraft were intercepted by Ukrainian air defenses. If these claims are true, this may be an incredible milestone for the Ukrainian military, given that Moscow has projected the Kinzhal as an invincible weapon that can easily penetrate enemy defenses.

This January 2 missile attack targeted military, industrial, civilian, and critical infrastructure locations, with the main objective being the capital of Ukraine. Besides Kyiv, several other oblasts were targeted in the early morning missile raid as Russia has intensified its aerial attacks on Ukraine once again.
No. It doesn't.
According to a statement from the Ukrainian Air Force, all ten Kh-47M2 Kinzhal hypersonic missiles fired from MiG-31K aircraft were intercepted by Ukrainian air defenses. If these claims are true,
The only claims being made are the ones from the Ukrainian air force, which are completely unproven in any way. Once again. They can't shoot down a single Kh-22/32 missile, and we're to believe they can shoot down something which is over twice as fast with a 100% success rate? Think damnit. I know you have a brain. Ask yourself how this even makes sense.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

J wrote: 2024-01-03 12:27pm
EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2024-01-03 12:09pm And yet that same source also claims the opposite

No. It doesn't.
According to a statement from the Ukrainian Air Force, all ten Kh-47M2 Kinzhal hypersonic missiles fired from MiG-31K aircraft were intercepted by Ukrainian air defenses. If these claims are true,
The only claims being made are the ones from the Ukrainian air force, which are completely unproven in any way. Once again. They can't shoot down a single Kh-22/32 missile, and we're to believe they can shoot down something which is over twice as fast with a 100% success rate? Think damnit. I know you have a brain. Ask yourself how this even makes sense.
Two mutually exclusive claims, from the same goddamn source, the UAF.

It makes sense by Russia targeting areas that are not covered by Patriot missiles, of which Ukraine only has two launchers so far. Ukraine is big, too big to covered by two Patriots. They do not have Iron-Dome like coverage.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Major HIMARS Success: Watch Ukrainian Forces Destroy Advanced New Russian Radar
The Special Operations Forces (SOF) of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have achieved a significant tactical victory by utilizing HIMARS to target and destroy Russia's advanced Yastreb-AV radar system, according to a post on their official Facebook account.

This operation was conducted on the Southern front with the cooperation of the Defense Forces of the 140th Reconnaissance Battalion.

The Yastreb-AV, identified and targeted by the SOF's 73rd Naval Centre using Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), is recognized as one of the most modern radar systems in the Russian arsenal. It is primarily used for artillery reconnaissance, capable of tracking missile trajectories and pinpointing the exact locations of enemy artillery for counterattacks.

The destruction of the Yastreb-AV complex signifies a crucial setback for Russian military operations, as this radar system plays a pivotal role in their artillery effectiveness. The video footage of the successful attack was shared on social media by the Ukrainian fighters, highlighting the efficiency and precision of the HIMARS system in combat scenarios.

This operation comes in the wake of the Russian Ministry of Defense's announcement on January 2, 2024, declaring the deployment of the Yastreb-AV system in Ukraine. The Ukrainian SOF's ability to promptly neutralize such a significant asset underscores their strategic acumen and the effectiveness of Western-supplied weaponry like the HIMARS in the ongoing conflict.
Russia accidentally bombs own village, vows to rebuild homes
LONDON (Reuters) - A Russian regional governor said on Wednesday he had ordered the rebuilding of nine houses in a village that was accidentally bombed by one of Russia's own warplanes.

The incident took place on Tuesday, when the state news agency RIA quoted the defence ministry as reporting an "abnormal discharge of aircraft ammunition" over the village of Petropavlovka in the southern region of Voronezh.

Governor Alexander Gusev said the nine houses would be rebuilt as soon as possible, and there had also been damage to a small local school, an arts centre and an administrative building.

No one had been killed but four people were treated for minor injuries and residents had access to psychological support, he said.

Five cars and a tractor had also been damaged, and the owners would get compensation.

"Not a single resident will be left without help, we will support everyone as much as possible," Gusev said.

Authorities did not say what caused the incident. While the damage was limited, it was embarrassing for Russia's military and came at a time of high alert in its southern regions close to the border with Ukraine.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Not much news the last days other than Russian attacks being thwarted.

Mostly rumors about a russian plane maybe being hit by their own AA or malfunctioning in flight - it was reported to suddenly loose altitude above the sea of azov, and then landing in Mariupol instead of returning back. Nothing on it but whispers on telegram.

Only quasi-news - as it was expected to happen sooner or later - North Korean ballistic missiles confirmed
https://www.reuters.com/world/white-hou ... 024-01-04/

It seems they aren't too reliable for single targets, but they can be used, an have been, in bombardements of cities, as only patriot can reliably shoot down ballistics and hypersonics.

LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

There is a rumor running wild that Gerasimov was hit and killed in the latest big base strike. I will believe it when we get confirmation.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

From whence do these rumours originate?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Mostly telegramm and other social media - but on russian side. So far, even Budanov is quoted (paraphrased) that if it's true, he'd be happy, but they have no idea on the identities of any of the casualties, nor the numbers, yet. It is a veritable clusterfuck of rumors right now.

Confirmed fact is that Ukraine has blown up a big aviation base near Sevastopol, and that is where it ends with the hard facts.
The sheer amount of ambulances reported running to and from by residents indicates high casualties, and intercepted comms hint that there have been multiple "very high ranking" people at the base right at that time. Ukraine themselves are not confirming anything, neither, they seem to not intentionally have targeted the "meeting" but the airbase accomodations, trying to get the pilot barracks to keep the airframes on the ground.

Just as well, they seem to have injured or killed some "high ranking" target in Belgorod with the recent strikes. So it might be that there is some overlap and echo-chamber silent post thing going on.

This whoe rumor is given a slight bit of substance by the fact that Gerasimov is currently doing a tour through the occupied territories, handing out medals, and has been seen at a lot of headquarters.

And just as well, like with the Late(?) admiral Solokov - which they had attending a teleconference after his reported death, but his feed was perfectly still all the time, and nobody has heard or seen of him, since, nobody on russian side seems to be willing to even comment on the rumor. All they need to do is having him do an interview, but there is nothing for almost two days now. As always, nothing is ever confirmed until the Kremlin denies it.

But, as said - there is nothing but rumors about it, and nobody is even able to track it down to who started it, apart from it originating in the russian infospace, afaik.

By now, news outlets have picked it up, too...
https://news.yahoo.com/hur-cannot-confi ... r2-ZXbhQrj

J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

I mean, if you really want to play this silly game...

1.1 million dead & missing Ukrainians, as per a Ukrainian news source.

- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker