Capitol Riot Committee to seek charges for Trump

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Re: Capitol Riot Committee to seek charges for Trump

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-12-28 11:39pm
Rogue 9 wrote: 2022-12-28 07:10pm Ashli Babbit, and she was trying to climb through the broken glass into the still occupied House chamber with a screaming mob behind her. If they had let her through, they all would have followed. It was a righteous shoot if ever there was one.
Agreed. As Shark said, she got what she asked for.

I fully believe seeing/hearing her get shot is one reason the mob backed off for the moment, and let the House finish evacuating. Nothing like "Holy fuck they killed her!" to make the tag-alongs decide they didn't want to be the next ones shot. There were enough "do or die" idjits to continue the pressure, but IIRC that was when the mob first started breaking up.
The Wikipedia article is very interesting and fills in a lot of the blanks.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2023-01-13 01:42pm The Wikipedia article is very interesting and fills in a lot of the blanks.
Huh... Lots of things I did not know.

Yeah... she had issues.
She probably should have been prosecuted for trying to smash the other woman with the SVU. I'd have called it Attempted Homicide and thrown the book at her.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

LadyTevar wrote: Yeah... she had issues.
She probably should have been prosecuted for trying to smash the other woman with the SVU. I'd have called it Attempted Homicide and thrown the book at her.
Moot point, now. Good riddance.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker