Ex-NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani Assaulted By Grocery Store Worker In Staten Island

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Ex-NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani Assaulted By Grocery Store Worker In Staten Island

Post by Mr Bean »

It's not as big a deal as it sounds
Deadline wrote: Controversial former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani was assaulted by a ShopRite worker Sunday while campaigning for his son’s gubernatorial bid in the city’s Staten Island borough.

The 78-year-old Giuliani was slammed in the back by an unidentified ShopRite worker, according to the New York Post. The assault reportedly left him shaken, the report said.

“I was stunned,” eyewitness Rita Rugova-Johnson told The Post after the attack at the supermarket. “I was shoulder-to-shoulder with Rudy inside ShopRite,” Rugova-Johnson said. “We’re talking, and all of a sudden an employee came out of nowhere and open-handedly slapped him in the back and said, ‘Hey, what’s up, scumbag?’

The worker was arrested at the store. His charges and identity were not immediately available.

Giuliani was campaigning for his son, Andrew Giuliani, who is in a Republican primary race for governor.
The twitter video is here if you want a watch. The.... "assault" occurs between the 10 second to 14 second marks where you see the Blackguard enter frame, give him a traditional New York greeting and... was quickly arrested by police.

Well I know what the Late Night talk show hosts will be talking about come Monday night.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Ex-NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani Assaulted By Grocery Store Worker In Staten Island

Post by LadyTevar »

"What's up, scumbag?"

Oh I love it.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Re: Ex-NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani Assaulted By Grocery Store Worker In Staten Island

Post by Straha »

This isn't assault. It's how New Yorkers say hello to each other.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Spice Runner
Jedi Knight

Post by Spice Runner »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person