Canadian provinces join USA

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Darth Wong wrote:
RedImperator wrote:Sounds like a giant cock-up. You want us to maybe Hussein the frogs for you guys?
Yes, please.
Hehe, don't we just love the frenchie-canadian bashing going on? lol
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Darth Wong wrote:
Montcalm wrote:If Quebec ever separate,imagine what kind of silly takes they might impose on every cargo ships going through the St Lawrence river,on their way to and out of the great lakes. :?
Unreasonable levies would only make other forms of transport more economically viable, not to mention causing the Americans to invade Quebec and seize control of the waterways in order to prevent economic extortion. This looks better all the time.
so we'll make a deal then,after the war everything north of the St. Lawrence River will hence be called East Ontario and everything south will be called New Michigan. :D
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Col. Crackpot wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:
Montcalm wrote:If Quebec ever separate,imagine what kind of silly takes they might impose on every cargo ships going through the St Lawrence river,on their way to and out of the great lakes. :?
Unreasonable levies would only make other forms of transport more economically viable, not to mention causing the Americans to invade Quebec and seize control of the waterways in order to prevent economic extortion. This looks better all the time.
so we'll make a deal then,after the war everything north of the St. Lawrence River will hence be called East Ontario and everything south will be called New Michigan. :D
And Montreal will be on wich side :?
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Enricko
Padawan Learner

Post by Enricko »

I feel so much love for us! :P
"We don't suspend disbelief, we hang it until it's dead!"
Major Cam Corder, Sevgates Cartoon Strip

MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

RedImperator wrote: It might not be that simple. Would the rest of Canada have the right to throw Quebec out?
A seperate Quebec would also hurt the Canadian economy. "Throwing" french Quebec out might sound good in the current American anti-French climate, but if that's what Canada wanted, we wouldn't have this seperation problem (as Quebec would already be seperate). In fact, one tactic of certain provinces against seperation was to push for a national referendum, instead of just a Quebec vote. There reasoning was that Quebec couldn't seperate w/o Canadian approval, and the seperation vote would be drowned in a sea of "NO". This didn't fly with Quebec (obviously), but thankfully, the last Quebec seperation referendum had 51% voting NO, and 49% Yes.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Montcalm wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:
Darth Wong wrote: Unreasonable levies would only make other forms of transport more economically viable, not to mention causing the Americans to invade Quebec and seize control of the waterways in order to prevent economic extortion. This looks better all the time.
Montreal will be mine! bwo-ha-ha-ha-ah! :twisted: :twisted:
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Col. Crackpot wrote:Montreal will be mine! bwo-ha-ha-ha-ah! :twisted: :twisted:
No way pal i live there its mine. :P :twisted:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Enricko
Padawan Learner

Post by Enricko »

Montcalm wrote:
So, next time we'll have a referendum (maybe tuesday, maybe never), Montcalm take Montreal and I'll take the Lanaudière-Laurentides region!

Say, for who are you voting next election?

Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Enricko wrote:
Montcalm wrote:
So, next time we'll have a referendum (maybe tuesday, maybe never), Montcalm take Montreal and I'll take the Lanaudière-Laurentides region!

I don`t want the PQ to win so i`ll vote Liberal.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Just give the frenchies some free nuclear reactors. Built by the Russians of course.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Montcalm wrote:
Enricko wrote:
Montcalm wrote:No way pal i live there its mine. :P :twisted:

Parti Quebecois?

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Durran Korr wrote:
Montcalm wrote:
Enricko wrote: So, next time we'll have a referendum (maybe tuesday, maybe never), Montcalm take Montreal and I'll take the Lanaudière-Laurentides region!

Parti Quebecois?
Yeah the referendum obsessed bunch of dickheads.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Enricko
Padawan Learner

Post by Enricko »

Montcalm wrote:
Durran Korr wrote:[quote="MontcalmI don`t want the PQ to win so i`ll vote Liberal.
Parti Quebecois?
Yeah the referendum obsessed bunch of dickheads.[/quote]

It's not soo much that they're obsessed with independence, but they're just a lousy governement. Liberals are not much better either, but they're the least worst of the bunch...

Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Enricko wrote:
Montcalm wrote:
Durran Korr wrote:[quote="MontcalmI don`t want the PQ to win so i`ll vote Liberal.
Parti Quebecois?
Yeah the referendum obsessed bunch of dickheads.
It's not soo much that they're obsessed with independence, but they're just a lousy governement. Liberals are not much better either, but they're the least worst of the bunch...[/quote]I may have voted for the Action Democratique,but when that twit Mario Dumont went to ask advice from Lucien Bouchard i said is he crazy or what,but after he recruited Pierre Bourque,i`ve decided he will not get my vote.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Montcalm wrote:
And Montreal will be on wich side :?[/quote]

It will be in the giant crater, or at least what's left of it.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Montcalm wrote:
It will be in the giant crater, or at least what's left of it.[/quote] :P :P :P :P :P
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004