Haiti's Disaster Bingo - ANOTHER earthquake!

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Haiti's Disaster Bingo - ANOTHER earthquake!

Post by Broomstick »

Haiti is the nation the epitomizes "If I had no bad luck I'd have no luck at all".

I'm losing track of everything - food riots, covid, presidential assassinations... that's just in the last year.

Today Haiti was hit by another major earthquake, a 7.2

Lots of wreckage, the death toll is 200 as I write this and climbing rapidly, expected to be MUCH higher it's just everyone is busy digging out and trying to help the injured and no one has time for an official counting.

News is breaking on media outlets.

Oh, and of course the weather is going to go to shit - Tropical Storm Grace is expected to arrive there shortly. You know, in a nation with a lot of wrecked buildings, power outs, spotty fresh water, and injured people.

The Prime Minister seems to be trying to organize things on the ground. It's a mess.

Every Haitian I've ever met was a wonderful person - why does this county have to go through so much shit?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice