Shep's armor pics from the war

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

4th ID arrives in Kuwait
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Ouch.

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

MKSheppard wrote:Image

4th ID arrives in Kuwait
Mmmmm M1A2SEP .... I think (4th ID has them).
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Split from Apache thread.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Those damaged ones all seem to be the same.
Supermod
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

The two pics Shep posted last are the same, but the one before that is certainly a different tank.
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

It seems this tank was bombed by friendly forces to prevent falling into Iraqis intect, that's a big crater!
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

US forces are reporting 1 death in the battle and one tank lost. It was hit by an anti-tank missile and was abandoned on the battlefield.
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Nathan F wrote:US forces are reporting 1 death in the battle and one tank lost. It was hit by an anti-tank missile and was abandoned on the battlefield.
Furthermore, the footage of the raid shows a crewman throwing a grenade into the tank, while it's still smoking from the engine, there's also an A-bar extended, implying they tried to tow the tank (at least). The pic doesn't show, but in the footage it is clear the A-bar, meaning its the same tank that was disabled in the raid. (That was afterwards bombed.)
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Destroyed Abrams that was presented to western journalists today

The Iraqi claim that it was destroyed during the American raid into Baghdad on Saturday.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Oberleutnant wrote:Destroyed Abrams that was presented to western journalists today

The Iraqi claim that it was destroyed during the American raid into Baghdad on Saturday.
Probably by an American pilot who was looking to shoot the first tank he saw :?
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Montcalm wrote:
Oberleutnant wrote:Destroyed Abrams that was presented to western journalists today

Probably by an American pilot who was looking to shoot the first tank he saw :?
:roll: Actually it was almost certainly a planned raid with the objective of destroying abandon equipment.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Sr.mal
Jedi Knight

Post by Sr.mal »

I'm not suprised. Abrams' are tough, but not invulnerable.
Ever since I was a scumdog, I blew a cum-wad.
I need a mother-fucking suckadickalickalong
A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
But you can call me the salaminizer
-The Salaminzer by GWAR
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

They would be worthless if they were, as they'd be so massive and heavy that they could barely move.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.