The fate of the downed Apache

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

User avatar
Beowulf
The Patrician
Posts: 10590
Joined: 2002-07-04 01:18am
Location: 32ULV
Contact:

Post by Beowulf » 2003-04-06 10:14pm

Stormbringer wrote:Face it, the Iraqis got a helicopter and suckered us. Not a big deal.
It's not like it'll make a big difference in the long run. By the time they can get anything from it, Saddam's regime will be gone.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan

User avatar
Stormbringer
King of Democracy
Posts: 22678
Joined: 2002-07-15 11:22pm

Post by Stormbringer » 2003-04-06 10:18pm

Beowulf wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:Face it, the Iraqis got a helicopter and suckered us. Not a big deal.
It's not like it'll make a big difference in the long run. By the time they can get anything from it, Saddam's regime will be gone.
Hell, if they're hauling it around on a flatbed I'd wager Air Force'll be taking another crack at and get it this time.
Image

User avatar
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 7879
Joined: 2003-01-15 10:50am
Location: Montreal Canada North America

Post by Montcalm » 2003-04-06 10:21pm

Stormbringer wrote:
Beowulf wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:Face it, the Iraqis got a helicopter and suckered us. Not a big deal.
It's not like it'll make a big difference in the long run. By the time they can get anything from it, Saddam's regime will be gone.
Hell, if they're hauling it around on a flatbed I'd wager Air Force'll be taking another crack at and get it this time.
They may allready on their way to Iran with it :?
Image
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB
Posts: 19195
Joined: 2002-07-28 12:30pm
Contact:

Post by weemadando » 2003-04-06 11:48pm

Montcalm wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:
Beowulf wrote: It's not like it'll make a big difference in the long run. By the time they can get anything from it, Saddam's regime will be gone.
Hell, if they're hauling it around on a flatbed I'd wager Air Force'll be taking another crack at and get it this time.
They may allready on their way to Iran with it :?
I can imagine them selling it on eBay.

1 AH-64 Apache helicopter in reasonable order. Some restoration required. Going to highest bidder. All weapon systems intact. Will not ship to US or NATO nations.

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB
Posts: 19195
Joined: 2002-07-28 12:30pm
Contact:

Post by weemadando » 2003-04-06 11:51pm

weemadando wrote:
I can imagine them selling it on eBay.

1 AH-64 Apache helicopter in reasonable order. Some restoration required. Going to highest bidder. All weapon systems intact. Will not ship to US or NATO nations.
Check that. Just looked at the pics again:

1 AH-64D Longbow helicopter in reasonable order. Some restoration required. Weapons systems intact, armament extra. Will not seperate for sale. Will not ship to US or NATO nations. Starting bid 10,000,000 Euros. Buyer pays S&H.

User avatar
Spyder
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4465
Joined: 2002-09-03 03:23am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Spyder » 2003-04-07 01:00am

Do they accept paypal?
:D

User avatar
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 13662
Joined: 2002-07-29 08:35am
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Post by Tsyroc » 2003-04-07 02:32am

Will they even take American Express? :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.

User avatar
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice
Posts: 7329
Joined: 2002-07-03 06:39pm
Location: Improbably superpositioned
Contact:

Post by Crayz9000 » 2003-04-07 02:38am

Hey, I'm wondering if they'll take Visa!
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF

User avatar
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 13662
Joined: 2002-07-29 08:35am
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Post by Tsyroc » 2003-04-07 02:40am

Do you think they might just let me assume the payments? :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.

Post Reply