Montana man assaults a 13 year old, fractures his skull for wearing a hat during the national anthem.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Montana man assaults a 13 year old, fractures his skull for wearing a hat during the national anthem.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/8xw ... nal-anthem
A 13-year-old boy was attending a Montana county fair and rodeo on Saturday when he failed to remove his hat during the national anthem. Moments later, a man slammed him to the ground and fractured his skull. The boy began seizing.

The man, 39-year-old Curt James Brockway, had allegedly attacked the boy for his “disrespect,” a witness told the Missoulian. Brockway was soon arrested and charged with assault on a minor for the attack at the Mineral County Fair and Rodeo.

"He was bleeding out of his ears, seizing on the ground, just not coherent,” Taylor Hennick, a rodeo attendee, told the Missolian. As people started to surround Brockway, the man defended himself by saying the boy “was disrespecting the national anthem, so he had every right to do that,” Hennick added.

The boy was airlifted to a hospital in Spokane, Washington, where he was treated for temporal skull fractures. He’s now back home in Montana recovering, according to KPAX, a Montana CBS affiliate.

“It’s just a lot of pain in my head. I don’t remember anything – the rodeo – the helicopter – nothing,” the boy told the television station.

His attacker, it turns out, was already a registered violent offender for a 2010 assault with a weapon, according to the Missoulian. He’s on probation for that charge, but was released from jail on his own recognizance, or a promise to appear for his future court date on Aug. 14.

Failing to react to the national anthem in what’s considered a “patriotic” manner — removing your hat, placing your right hand over your heart — has been criticized by President Donald Trump and other Republicans. It’s unclear whether the Montana boy simply forgot to remove his hat, or had some personal reason not to. More traditionally, people protesting police brutality or racial inequality in America “take a knee,” or kneel during the national anthem as a political statement.

The kneeling movement, a particular target of Trump’s ire, began with former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

"Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!'" Trump said during a 2017 rally, later causing even more football players to protest.

Cover: September 15, 2011: A cowboy proudly displays the American Flag just after the National Anthem at the 101st annual Pendleton Round-Up in Pendleton, OR. (Cal Sport Media via AP Images)
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Re: Montana man assaults a 13 year old, fractures his skull for wearing a hat during the national anthem.

Post by Gandalf »

Hopefully this guy sees some serious gaol time.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Montana man assaults a 13 year old, fractures his skull for wearing a hat during the national anthem.

Well, apparently he's already got a record as a violent offender, so with any luck they'll throw the fucking book at him.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

He was let off, not even assigned bail. "Released on Own Recognizance"
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

LadyTevar wrote: 2019-08-08 02:04pmHe was let off, not even assigned bail. "Released on Own Recognizance"
That was before. He was due in court in a week, but screwed the pooch now.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Samuel Johnson got it right.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

A 39 year old blind-side attacking a 13 year old for not removing his hat.

This guy needs to be locked away for life.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Solauren wrote: 2019-08-08 05:50pm A 39 year old blind-side attacking a 13 year old for not removing his hat.

Yeah, someone like this has deep insecurity and/or rage issues that make him unsafe to have around other human beings.

Eulogy
Jedi Knight

Post by Eulogy »

Solauren wrote: 2019-08-08 05:50pm A 39 year old blind-side attacking a 13 year old for not removing his hat.

Solitary confinement or not, I really don't see this waste of flesh having a good time in prison.
"A word of advice: next time you post, try not to inadvertently reveal why you've had no success with real women." Darth Wong to Bubble Boy
"I see you do not understand objectivity," said Tom Carder, a fundie fucknut to Darth Wong
Aether
Youngling

Post by Aether »

I'm still surprised the guy wasn't KTFO by the kid's parents or bystanders.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Aether wrote: 2019-08-10 04:26pm I'm still surprised the guy wasn't KTFO by the kid's parents or bystanders.
Shock by those present could easily limit a response.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.