Democratic Presidential Primary 2020 Super Thread

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

houser2112
Padawan Learner

Re: Democratic Presidential Primary 2020 Super Thread

Post by houser2112 »

Good. As I've said before, if we're going to convert a senator into the president, I'd prefer if the senator came from a reliably blue state than reddish-purple Ohio.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

I hope Biden doesn't run. He has half a lifetime of questionable behavior behind him everyone has forgotten about which will be dragged out into the public ring if he does.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Ritterin Sophia wrote: 2019-03-11 10:26am I hope Biden doesn't run. He has half a lifetime of questionable behavior behind him everyone has forgotten about which will be dragged out into the public ring if he does.
Yeah, but if he runs it will have been with that considered and factored in. His bigger worry will be his propensity for saying and doing stupid shit in the here and now.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

FireNexus wrote: 2019-03-11 11:15am
Ritterin Sophia wrote: 2019-03-11 10:26am I hope Biden doesn't run. He has half a lifetime of questionable behavior behind him everyone has forgotten about which will be dragged out into the public ring if he does.
Yeah, but if he runs it will have been with that considered and factored in. His bigger worry will be his propensity for saying and doing stupid shit in the here and now.
His biggest worry is the fact he's now fully out of step of the most motivation sections of the base when it comes to the Primaries. He's got years of experience but he still to this day talks like it's 1994 and sanity still reigns in the halls of power. He's talking about how great Republicans are when the party is in full war mode.

Anyone running talking about how much they can work with the other party is going to be looked on with suspicion considering the Republican party in large party is acting as the last line of defense for a President with no concept of the rule of law except how to evade it.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Mr Bean wrote: 2019-03-11 12:07pm His biggest worry is the fact he's now fully out of step of the most motivation sections of the base when it comes to the Primaries. He's got years of experience but he still to this day talks like it's 1994 and sanity still reigns in the halls of power. He's talking about how great Republicans are when the party is in full war mode.

Anyone running talking about how much they can work with the other party is going to be looked on with suspicion considering the Republican party in large party is acting as the last line of defense for a President with no concept of the rule of law except how to evade it.
That’s what leftwing activists say, but leftwing activists have been saying more or less the same thing since the 1970s. Polling reveals that far and away the biggest factor Democrats care about this year is “electability”. A former VP to the first black President has a pretty good electability argument, and talking about aisle crossing is classically a good way to pump that up further.

We’ll see how Biden does and what does him in. I’m really skeptical he can be the nominee, but I’m equally skeptical that what kills him is being too nice to Republicans.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.