Liam Neeson faces backlash over racially charged rape revenge comments

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Re: Liam Neeson faces backlash over racially charged rape revenge comments

Post by ray245 »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2019-02-09 11:34pm For the most part, I can't disagree, though I would caution you about portraying progressives collectively as engaging in a "witch hunt", as such labels and buzzwords are painting the progressive movement with a very broad brush, and are very reminiscent of far Right "political correctness run amok" agit-prop.
My concern is whether a portion of the progressive are actually interested in finding ways to get people to change their abhorrent views. It's easy and reasonable to condemn a person for holding on to abhorrent views, but condemnation alone is not sufficient to get people to change their minds, especially in an age of social media where people can retreat into a segment of society that will make the person feel more "welcomed".

Condemnation is easy. Getting people to actually change their minds and regret their views is much harder, especially in our social media age.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.