At least 12 people dead in California bar shooting

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, SCRawl, Thanas, Edi, K. A. Pital

EnterpriseSovereign
Jedi Council Member

At least 12 people dead in California bar shooting

Post by EnterpriseSovereign » 2018-11-08 01:35pm

At least twelve people have been killed after a gunman opened fire in a busy California bar.

Multiple others were hurt in the shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, suffering "different levels" of injuries.

A sheriff's deputy was among the dead after he responded to emergency calls around 11.20pm local time on Wednesday.

The suspect, identified by the sheriff as 28-year-old Ian David Long, was found dead inside the venue.
Link.
It's no use debating a moron; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Just because you have the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't mean the rest of us are so encumbered.

"As you know science is not fact"- HuskerJay
"The Delta Fyler [sic] isn't even a shuttle craft" -HuskerJay69
"The Dominion War wasn't really all that bad"- Admiral Mercury

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: At least 12 people dead in California bar shooting

Post by The Romulan Republic » 2018-11-08 03:45pm

Our weekly mass shooting.

Honestly, for the past several years, its felt to me at times like the US was already in a state of civil war- just a war with no declaration or organized sides, only an endless parade of whack jobs (albeit some of whom are politically motivated) with easy access to guns.

If there is a side, it could be said to be the NRA and those politicians who are in its pocket, against the rest of the country.

Thus far, the NRA is winning.
"Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?"

"Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow though."

-Generals William T. Sherman and Ulysses S Grant, the Battle of Shiloh.

"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"-Terry Pratchett's DEATH.

I am a dual citizen of the United States and Canada.

Fuck Civility.

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: At least 12 people dead in California bar shooting

Post by Broomstick » 2018-11-08 04:28pm

Actually, I think we've had TWO a week for the past fortnight...
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice