Justice Gingsburg Hospitalized

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Justice Gingsburg Hospitalized

Post by TimothyC »

Devan Cole for CNN wrote:Justice Ginsburg hospitalized after fracturing ribs in fall

Updated 10:12 AM ET, Thu November 8, 2018

(CNN)Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractured three ribs after falling in her Supreme Court office Wednesday night, the Supreme Court said in a statement.
According to the statement, Ginsburg, 85, experienced discomfort after going home following the fall and was admitted to George Washington University Thursday morning for observation and treatment.
As one of the court's older members, Ginsburg's health has become the subject of much attention in recent years.
In November 2014, she underwent a heart procedure to have a stent placed in her right coronary artery, and in 2009, she was treated for early stages of pancreatic cancer.

In 1999, just six years after being sworn in as an associate justice, Ginsburg successfully underwent surgery to treat colon cancer.
Ginsburg, who became the second woman to serve on the high court following her appointment by President Bill Clinton in 1993, has become a progressive and pop culture icon.

Admirers have recently nicknamed her "Notorious RBG," a play on the late rapper Notorious B.I.G., and have hailed her as a bulwark against conservative ideology because of her liberal opinions and dissents.
In particular, Ginsburg is seen by progressives as a bulwark against President Donald Trump, whom she criticized in 2016, calling him a "faker." She later expressed regret over the remarks.
White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Thursday that Ginsburg is "a very tough woman" and that she's "praying for her."

"I've known her for many, many years -- got to see her just a few weeks ago here at the swearing-in of Justice Kavanaugh," Conway told reporters, adding, "I hope she has a full and speedy recovery."
This story is breaking and will be updated.

CNN's Allie Malloy contributed to this report.
Here to here quick and full recovery. IIRC, she's never missed a day on the bench before.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: Justice Gingsburg Hospitalized

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

And, the vultures are already circling on Facebook, looking for that third Trump seat on the Court of Jesters.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Praying for a full recover. Apparently its not her first fall.

A third Trump seat would basically ensure Neo-fascist domination of the Court for a generation, and right now, with this Senate, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump could get David Duke through the confirmation process.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Or Roy Moore. Or Milo Yappi Dog.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford