So, apart from downsizing Toronto city council against the will of the majority of its residents, scrapping elections to prevent poltical opponents from running in York and Peel and and eliminating gays from sex-ed, what else has Ford "accomplished" so far?
1. Eliminate the Cap and Trade Program
Lawsuits on this already since companies paid billions into it.
2 . Repeal the Green Energy Act
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ontario-g ... -1.4102549
I particularly love the bit where he said he repealed it to "respect municipal rights" given the way he's treated Toronto so far.
3. Cut financial aid program for low-income people and those with disabilities:
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/0 ... ome-people
Funny, he didn't mention doing this during campaign. But no one should be surprised as kicking people while they are down is a favourite conservative pastime.
4. Announced plans to "redevelop Ontario Place" aka screw Toronto:
https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/ ... asino.html
Basically instead of the park downtown residents wanted they can look forward to condos, malls and potentially a casino. Hurray!
5. Pushes forward plan to take over Toronto's subway network aka screw Toronto:
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/08/3 ... _23513938/
knows this will lead to privatisation and/or service cutbacks.
6. Mulls cancelling Finch West LRT (already under construction) and service cutbacks on GO (primarily downtown) aka screw Toronto:
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... lines.html
7. Prioritises building subways to Markham (population 325,000) and Pickering (population 91,000
) over Toronto (population ~2.8 million)... Because screw Toronto:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.4715880
8.Laid the media groundwork for the major
https://www.thestar.com/politics/politi ... euvre.html
No doubt he'll dump as much of this as possible on Toronto as well as any other city which didn't vote for him
failed to find efficiencies.
This is just the 3 month mark people. It's gonna be a fun ride.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage