National Enquirer CEO David Pecker strikes immunity deal, reports surface of safe full of Trump secrets.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

National Enquirer CEO David Pecker strikes immunity deal, reports surface of safe full of Trump secrets.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Man, this has been a really shitty week for Trumpolini: :D :D :D

Excerpt:
WASHINGTON - The National Enquirer kept safe containing documents on hush money payments and other damaging stories it killed as part of its cozy relationship with Donald Trump leading up to the 2016 presidential election, people familiar with the arrangement told The Associated Press.

The detail came as several media outlets reported on Thursday that federal prosecutors had granted immunity to National Enquirer chief David Pecker, potentially laying bare his efforts to protect his longtime friend Trump.
What was that quote Comey tweeted a while back? Ah yes:
But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.
Edit: Source was Washington Post, but the link won't work no matter how many time I check it. Each time I go to the page the link appears to be different, as well. I've deleted the link, and will try and provide another source (its all over the news though).
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: National Enquirer CEO David Pecker strikes immunity deal, reports surface of safe full of Trump secrets.

"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Re: National Enquirer CEO David Pecker strikes immunity deal, reports surface of safe full of Trump secrets.

Post by Zaune »

Isn't the National Enquirer one of those gossip rags that were doing fake news before it was cool, but nobody cared because they didn't bother pretending not to make it all up as they went along?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Um... yeah. Except the Enquirer was always a mix of true and made-up and part of the fun of reading it was trying to figure out which was which.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

What matters more is that in recent years it's been explicitly partisan, publishing absurd shit about Obama and Hillary Clinton in particular. I don't *think* it stooped to the level of endorsing the "Pizzagate" conspiracy theory, but it probably wasn't far off. And of course it supports Trump to the hilt, so that was a bit of advertising for him-- "Hillary is Evil, Trump is Awesome" on every supermarket checkout line.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Its also reportedly bought up the rights to stories that reflect negatively on Trump in order to suppress their publications. So there's probably a lot of dirt Pecker can spill.

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

The chief financial officer of the Trump Foundation Allen Weisselberg has now also gotten an immunity deal as well:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/24/longtim ... urces.html

Wow, the rats sure are fleeing the sinking ship.